Forum › A "small" topic for video games

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

What the fuck dude, was Awakening too hard for people or some shit? Not that i have much right to complain, i did play on casuHEY at least i started on Hard okay!? I-it's not like i'm a casual or anything, b-baka!

Awakening is pretty easy compared to other games and it's only difficult in Lunatic(+) due to scaling(and BS skills in +) Eh I don't judge, I play both classic and casual depending on my mood I would say Hard/Classic is the way to experience the game at it's fullest.

I didn't really spoiler anything -3- never said WHY I wanted that coupling so you spoilered it for yourself °3°

Well blame me for taking the bait then, it's ok I forgive you after a bombs only match in smash bwahaha

Those studies are missing some important factors. For #1 exhaustion. The amount of daily work a human does affects how much sleep he needs. #2 Adaption. The human brain is famous for its ability to adapt to different problems by enhancing certain aspects. For example decreasing time it takes to switch into the Rem sleep state. Might add #3: The placebo effect to the list. Humans are famous to be highly effected by suggestion. If they believe that less sleep makes their cognitive abilities worse obviously a decline WILL happen. (the other way round is also possible) again don't underestimate humans!

It's a small video...you can look up more studies if you want. I don't think controlling how fast you reach the REM sleep state is easy but post your results please, placebo is not enough to keep you at a 100% it only makes you think you are, sleep is important don't underestimate that! Not to mention I love sleeping and would sleep 14-16 hrs each day if I could Either way I'm not a scientist what the *** do I know?...well not like scientist will ever fully understand how the brain works...probably.

If people like him are common obviously such a mode is necessary to appeal to a broader audience

B-But isn't that why they introduced Casual mode in Heroes of Light and Shadow?! shock

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

Well blame me for taking the bait then, it's ok I forgive you after a bombs only match in smash bwahaha

Whenever you're ready

It's a small video...you can look up more studies if you want. I don't think controlling how fast you reach the REM sleep state is easy but post your results please, placebo is not enough to keep you at a 100% it only makes you think you are, sleep is important don't underestimate that! Not to mention I love sleeping and would sleep 14-16 hrs each day if I could Either way I'm not a scientist what the *** do I know?...well not like scientist will ever fully understand how the brain works...probably.

Individual human growth and genes are also important but I digress. I know that more than 4 hours of sleep is not only not necessary for me but also not possible (since I always wake up after 4 hours). I do agree it's necessary. I don't agree on the amount is all. And like I already said the human brain is HIGHLY adaptive (look up studies on the placebo effect. It's INCREDIBLE how effective it is on humans. It's not that they only think. Because they think the body adapts.Scary stuff)

B-But isn't that why they introduced Casual mode in Heroes of Light and Shadow?! shock

But it probably wasn't enough

last edited at May 15, 2015 5:42AM

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

I am highly incompatible with Fire Emblem, making it easier misses the point completly.

#teamAdvanceWarsforrealyo

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Is there any fire emblem with yuri, by the way? Cause Awakening was all like "You're both girls so you can only have 3 hearts."

joined Apr 19, 2014

Is there any fire emblem with yuri, by the way? Cause Awakening was all like "You're both girls so you can only have 3 hearts."

6 through 9 let girls reach the highest support level with each-other (10 did too but it butchered supports so whatever) but none of them were particularly gay and there are only a couple with paired endings. Lyn/Florina (7) and Eirika/Tana (8) are the only ones I remember offhand and both of those are "no really they're just friends".

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Atleast Tharja was still the lovely creep no matter your gender

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

where fallen allies are resurrected on the next turn.

What the fuck dude, was Awakening too hard for people or some shit? Not that i have much right to complain, i did play on casuHEY at least i started on Hard okay!? I-it's not like i'm a casual or anything, b-baka!

I know that was a joke, but I've seen enough people say stuff like seriously that to wonder, why would anyone care if you play in easy mode or casual or whatever? It seems a weird thing to get all macho about. I can kinda get it in LoL or Starcraft II or other eSport stuff, but otherwise?

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I know that was a joke, but I've seen enough people say stuff like seriously that to wonder, why would anyone care if you play in easy mode or casual or whatever? It seems a weird thing to get all macho about. I can kinda get it in LoL or Starcraft II or other eSport stuff, but otherwise?

Pride, I guess? Like, to this day I'm proud of 100%ing Super Meat Boy, 100%ing Bayonetta and basically destroying Dark Souls. It really doesn't benefit anyone but it still feels good and satisfying.

I was on dopamin for like 3 hours after beating The Kid levels in SMB.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

You've gotta be able to brag about something..? It's no different than the "my taste is better than your taste" or "your waifu a shit" discussions that permeate anime/manga land.

Personally I'm not crazy about the FE thing and I don't know anyone who is. Yes, it's a matter of "play the game how you want to play," but it wouldn't be unlike Mario having an unlimited lives mode from the get-go. Like, what's the point?

joined Mar 23, 2013

where fallen allies are resurrected on the next turn.

Well, easy has been progressively more "easy". Normal has been the new easy for quit some time.

Easy basically means you press and/or hold X/A/etc nowadays, and people would argue that is not playing game because you can craft something that periodically hit a certain key and that would be playing the game ( there's videos of that ).

I don't really care about what difficulty people play with, unless these same players ask me to play with them in XYZ multiplayer game, then I would kindly decline.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Speaking of bragging, I totally should do that too. Just look at this shit.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Speaking of bragging, I totally should do that too. Just look at this shit.

IWBTG and all the spin offs are funbags of frustration.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I didn't like IWBTG. It's not hard, it's unfair. I loved SMB because of the super responsive controls and the fact that every death was your own fault.
Well, Super Meat Boy is still the only game ever that made me rage quit.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

To be honest, I kinda get where some of them are coming from, when I played Megaman Unlimited (Probably my favorite Megaman game by far, yessir) I finished the whole game on a single walkthrough (except Yoku man, because I couldn't locate all the letters and Occupied Wily already took a whole night) and had this crazy surge of adrenalin that it was just me, my keyboard and my rusted reflexes that brought me through all this hell, which I just won't ever get when using easy mode on Megaman 10..
The thing is, when you wanna share this joy with anyone than they have to get through all of this the same way you did, now this fails 99% of the time because people rarely have the same mindset as you do, as in patience, enjoyment ect. ect. but when the 1% happens you feel super triumphant which most are aiming at. Those casual modes aren't bad but they show that developers are giving in to people who just don't have the patience to GET the game, form a sort of relationship with the designer and think about what he himself thought when designing certain aspects and just wanna plough through it.
I remember hard games that gave me trouble while still enjoying myself way better than I did anything else because I had to spend more time in them to really understand them and get into the developers head.

I know in the age of the ever fast world time is seemingly less and less but I take taking-my-time for a game when I like it over just getting to the endboss with training wheels any day.

By the by, Fire Emblem Awakening just didn't click with me in general and I hated playing it on normal, disgustingly easy

last edited at May 15, 2015 11:09AM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I am highly incompatible with Fire Emblem, making it easier misses the point completly.

#teamAdvanceWarsforrealyo

I'm a player of the team Super Robot Wars and i found Awakening on Casual to be a little similar so i got a kick out of it, i only wish they would at least make you lose some money if any of your dudes died

I remember hard games that gave me trouble while still enjoying myself way better than I did anything else because I had to spend more time in them to really understand them and get into the developers head.

Aah... Good times playing God Hand with the Kick Me Sign... Good times... ....Why did you have to die on me right on the last couple of levels savedata... Why....

Tharja totally attacks female Dan Green in her sleep at the end of the third heart

last edited at May 15, 2015 12:51PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

I didn't like IWBTG. It's not hard, it's unfair.

It's ez game dawg. I like it because I enjoy the fact you have to be pixel perfect. It reminds me of speedrunning games where you have to be at the correct spot facing a certain way to get the nade jump that allows you to bypass a lot of shit.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I didn't like IWBTG. It's not hard, it's unfair.

It's ez game dawg. I like it because I enjoy the fact you have to be pixel perfect.

Yeah, I like those games too but all those random deaths in IWBTG annoyed me after like 3 screens and I just dropped it.
Judging by that statement, you might really like SMB though, it's all about perfection and gives you leaderboards for completion times and stuff. You should probably check it out if you haven't yet.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Hm...I just feel like a you can't lose no matter what mode is an over-kill but I guess they have done it before with things like the assist blocks in the newer mario games.
Selecting a game difficultly really depends on my mood (but I do play a lot atlus games) so it's not a matter of pride for me...more like eh...I'm bored I need more challenge vs ***** this game!!!! let's go back to normal-easy.
And Phoenix mode itself...I found a practical use for it! I'll use it to complete the gallery! I still haven't 100% Awakening because it takes a while so yes I will actually use it Come at me haters!!!!

@Asa-senpai : right, maybe a few matches tomorrow? I'm kinda distracted with my 2 new games. Let's leave the sleep discussion at that...this isn't "the science thread" lol.

@OriginalGengar + Evilnemesis: You'll probably enjoy the Kaizo mario levels that are inevitably going to show up in Mario maker then XD.

Series: Love Plus Pairing: Rinko x Manaka Link: pixiv
Wait aren't these games het? nvm then have fun girls.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Come at me haters!!!!

unsheathes katana prepare yourself!

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Come at me haters!!!!

2 or 3 rounds? also please no ring-outs

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Come at me haters!!!!

2 or 3 rounds? also please no ring-outs

Aw maan, people getting pissed out at the ring-outs in the CPU Tenkaichi Budokai 3 tournaments streams were the best part

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

Hm...I just feel like a you can't lose no matter what mode is an over-kill but I guess they have done it before with things like the assist blocks in the newer mario games.
Selecting a game difficultly really depends on my mood (but I do play a lot atlus games) so it's not a matter of pride for me...more like eh...I'm bored I need more challenge vs ***** this game!!!! let's go back to normal-easy.
And Phoenix mode itself...I found a practical use for it! I'll use it to complete the gallery! I still haven't 100% Awakening because it takes a while so yes I will actually use it Come at me haters!!!!

@Asa-senpai : right, maybe a few matches tomorrow? I'm kinda distracted with my 2 new games. Let's leave the sleep discussion at that...this isn't "the science thread" lol.

@OriginalGengar + Evilnemesis: You'll probably enjoy the Kaizo mario levels that are inevitably going to show up in Mario maker then XD.

The main reason in makig all these easier modes are simple. A broader audience. The more people can play it the more people will do so. There isn't really an overkill in making things simple. The only reason we might feel like that is because we come from a time where game data restrictio forced developers to skip much explanation and we got honed to be better than younger ones...Saying it like this makes me sound old...And yeah for completing galeries and stuff it's good to.

And yeah like I said whenever you want. I'm suffering a little from the huge timezone difference but as long as I stay awake for 2 days I am bound to be awake at the right time.

last edited at May 16, 2015 5:00PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

I've been replayin Dragon Age origins because the first through I really rushed it. And shit the game has a bazillion bugs it's incredible. Bug with loot tables is the most common.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

2 dungeons in and I'm already breaking the game(P4G) sweet!

as long as I stay awake for 2 days I am bound to be awake at the right time.

Are you sure you'll be ok for a bombs only match? =O. I think I'll be around earlier tomorrow but we can play now if you want.

Edit: stop cheating with reflect/item grab characters! I should change my name to bomberman XD.
edit3:Ill just grab the sma-boom!
4: now THAT is chaos!
5: 50+% in one tilt...whaa...
6: did you put like over a 100 atk? i've been playing random.
7: highlander wario ftw.

Edit8: Did I open your heart with that key?

...Maybe...==LAAAAAAGG==
9: custom lizards...
10: last one...and what an ending! what in the world happened?!

Epilogue: XD yeah that was fun, I'll upload a few ones...I don't know if you noticed in the Wii-fit vs wendy fight but lauch rate was at 2x xD

Series: Megaman X Pairing: Iris x Alia Link: pixiv

last edited at May 17, 2015 1:09AM

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

2 dungeons in and I'm already breaking the game(P4G) sweet!

as long as I stay awake for 2 days I am bound to be awake at the right time.

Are you sure you'll be ok for a bombs only match? =O. I think I'll be around earlier tomorrow but we can play now if you want.

Series: Megaman X Pairing: Iris x Alia Link: pixiv

I'm here now so yeah
Edit: I HAD Ganondorf once :P
Edit2: Delay killed me D: No counter there
Edit3: That fish sure looved you xD
Edit4: That stage would be so good without that Yellow Idiot
Edit5:Customs make 50% in a tilt normal xD
Edit6: I used waay too many taunts there :D
Edit7: I don't keep many customs except ones with things like critical hitter so they tend to come up a lot ^^'
Edit8: Did I open your heart with that key?
Edit: Urgh had a Skater customization >_<
EditX: Prolly last match: Need to go somewhere in 4 1/2 hours so I only just have enough time to sleep
EditFinal: I hope that was enough to satisfy your anger for the spoiler ;D

10: last one...and what an ending! what in the world happened?!

The world exploded....and I somehow survived... Noticed it. And accepted it...only the yellow devil was not that nice

last edited at May 17, 2015 1:11AM

This topic has been locked.