Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Dfgg
joined Jan 21, 2015

chapter is out, impatiently waiting for halmoni D:

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

What really?? I thought Seol-a looked really pissed off. D: I was worried, but maybe that's actually her worried face....idk, I was squawking too loud to pay proper attention. >-> goes back to re-read

Well, Seol-a is going to try to figure out what's wrong. No-rae made it sound like Seol-a really had done something wrong when she left so she's probably still trying to figure it out. I don't think she blames No-rae just yet, and she knows that No-rae cares about her because she came and got her when she was drunk.

So if I were Seol-a I'd mostly be worried that No-rae was going to pull another stunt like the one at school but instead in front of family, and it'd be SUPER awkward after already having introduced herself as No-rae's friend. It's probably not that much of a gamble because I doubt it's expected to blow up after just getting home but Seol-a is probably nervous nonetheless because WHAT IF something went wrong and it was embarrassing, awkward, and killed their friendship forever?!

last edited at Apr 26, 2015 5:22PM

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Lol, just lol, now halmoni must change her profile picture to that pinky headsack or whatever it's called lol lol lol

AH. You were right! No-rae did get there first, but she didn't go straight home sooooo head!canon realization!!! Somehow we both ended up being right. XD No-rae's face tho!

It's so epic! And that No-Rae's face! I just can't stop laughing

last edited at Apr 26, 2015 5:25PM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

HypocriticalLiar, don't cut yourself off, your comments are amusing - in a good way I mean. Better I hurry up and fall asleep to wake up hopefully with the translation :D

joined Mar 28, 2014

Btw, Seol-A's not wearing heels - such a rarity haha. And she feels so awkward! But of course, she came there before No-Rae herself. I'm really curious how she explained her sudden appearance! And now she's around people she doesn't know, in the house she's never been, being stressed about No-Rae's words and how No-Rae will respond. Must be superawkward.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

tiger

Well, Seol-a is going to try to figure out what's wrong. No-rae made it sound like Seol-a really had done something wrong when she left so she's probably still trying to figure it out. I don't think she blames No-rae just yet, and she knows that No-rae cares about her because she came and got her when she was drunk.

Oh, wow, this is true! I've felt (well, after I calmed down anyways lol) pretty bad for Seol-a this chapter....she looks slightly depressed and apparently that scenario keeps coming back to her. I've gotta give her major props though....if it someone had spouted all of that at me, I'd probably be curled up on my futon in tears.

So if I were Seol-a I'd mostly be worried that No-rae was going to pull another stunt like the one at school but instead in front of family, and it'd be SUPER awkward after already having introduced herself as No-rae's friend. It's probably not that much of a gamble because I doubt it's expected to blow up after just getting home but Seol-a is probably nervous nonetheless because WHAT IF something went wrong and it was embarrassing, awkward, and killed their friendship forever?!

Oh god yeah...I see your point. Now I feel really bad for Seol-a...she is probably one of the bravest characters I've had the pleasure of reading about (in realistic scenarios anyways...none of that Naruto/Bleach stuff lol). I can't even fathom the horror that must be going through her...

Poor Seol-a. :(

Blackkitty

HypocriticalLiar, don't cut yourself off, your comments are amusing - in a good way I mean. Better I hurry up and fall asleep to wake up hopefully with the translation :D

Haha, you're nice! I'm glad someone is amused by my crazy ramblings though. :)

But oh gosh, I'm jealous. That used to be what happened to me...before the whole time jump that I absolutely hate. But no choice, must get used to it now. T_T

takachi

now halmoni must change her profile picture to that pinky headsack

SECONDED!!

Super Side Note:

I went back and read the extra panels (Ch 19) talking about No-rae and her family. Some questions/thoughts that popped up after reading this chapter...

1) Does the schooling work differently in Korea? No-rae is in college, and she's 23 and she's the same age as Seol-a and everyone else, right? I'm finding that super weird, because I'm turning 23 this week, and starting the last half of grad school (which is normal in the States)...

2) Related to question 1. Is No-rae's sister getting a Ph.D. or pursuing med school? Otherwise...I'm not sure how she'd still be studying at 27 (even 27 is starting to push it for a Ph.D. But then again, it would make sense if people normally graduate college at 23/24 in South Korea).

3) Where is Kim So-seol's (the bro's) wife? She wasn't in extra panels, he lives at home (I think?), the only people in the panel are No-rae's mom/grandma, and she's not anywhere to be seen....

last edited at Apr 26, 2015 5:52PM

joined Feb 22, 2015

Okay, now this chapter takes the cake, lol.

joined Mar 28, 2014

The guy in the glasses is No-Rae's brother, right? From the pics it felt like he questioned himself if No-Rae fell in love, hehe. I'm so curious what the two of them talked about. And pastebin just wrote me that it's overloaded. Don't tell me it's the FF effect!!

No-rae is in college, and she's 23 and she's the same age as Seol-a and everyone else, right? I'm finding that super weird, because I'm turning 23 this week, and starting the last half of grad school (which is normal in the States)...

I assume she should be taking her last year now, but since she skipped, she has extra studies. Not sure if it's just more exams or she literally will have more time to study. And the same applies to Seol-A, right?

last edited at Apr 26, 2015 6:00PM

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

HypocriticalLiar

My current head!canon: Seol-a's already there when No-rae shows up.

Wow. Deep bow.

Tiger

The sweat, her mouth, yeah she is worried she has gone to far.

And what story is she telling herself: 'I want to keep this friendship whatever the cost'? The whole drive to No-rae's house, and she never thought about the madness of it all? She blackmailed her brother to get his car, then told No-rae's parents some lie.. And still she doesn't realise she's in love.

joined Apr 26, 2015

I believe... that the people who are home when No-Rae arrives with her brother are: No-Rae's mother, No-Rae's sister-in-law, No-Rae's nephew, and Seol-A.

In Korea, it is not uncommon for students to be a couple of years than their counterparts in the US. Due to many factors. Also, is that the Korean age stated for No-Rae?

joined Nov 30, 2011

HypocriticalLiar

1) Does the schooling work differently in Korea? No-rae is in college, and she's 23 and she's the same age as Seol-a and everyone else, right? I'm finding that super weird, because I'm turning 23 this week, and starting the last half of grad school (which is normal in the States)...

No, it's definitely not normal to be finishing grad school at 23.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

takachi

The guy in the glasses is No-Rae's brother, right? From the pics it felt like he questioned himself if No-Rae fell in love, hehe. I'm so curious what the two of them talked about. And pastebin just wrote me that it's overloaded. Don't tell me it's the FF effect!!

Ya! I'm pretty sure glasses!dude is the bro, So-seol (I'm finding it super weird that his and Seol-a's names are so similar)! [and me too! I have a feeling No-rae might have gotten lectured a bit. Idk. I'm holding out on committing to that lol.

I assume she should be taking her last year now, but since she skipped, she has extra studies. Not sure if it's just more exams or she literally will have more time to study. And the same applies to Seol-A, right?

But then Ji-hwan still has one more year to finish, and he's a year older than both Seol-a and No-rae, which would put him at 24? Kkyeong is also there at 23, supposedly graduating that year...but it seems that's the norm? In the States, at least, most graduate the same year they turn 22. Some take an extra year, but certainly not as many people in the same group.

Random Reader

LOL. I'm not finishing at 23 (I wish. My youth.)! I'll be done at 24, which is about normal for a Master's degree I think. :)

(haha and thx craptree :D )

kandi2428

I believe... that the people who are home when No-Rae arrives with her brother are: No-Rae's mother, No-Rae's sister-in-law, No-Rae's nephew, and Seol-A.

In Korea, it is not uncommon for students to be a couple of years than their counterparts in the US. Due to many factors. Also, is that the Korean age stated for No-Rae?

Yeah! 23, by the extra panels in Ch 19. Ssamba might have restated it in the little character blurbs in the Special, not too sure though.

Hmm but that makes sense, I think? So there are many reasons instead of just one or something? I assumed maybe it was because school started late, or they had an extra year of highschool or something. I kinda wish the U.S. did that (the latter anyways).

Oh, I was assuming the black-haired lady actually had gray hair and was thus the grandma (also assumed it was the same granny that Seol-a talked to/maybe helped). That would mean you explained all of my questions, haha. Thank you!

last edited at Apr 26, 2015 6:16PM

1004423_215737701908251_258016894_n
joined Apr 26, 2015

Yay I was right when I thought Soel-A will be a head of her. Didn't expect though the stop of No-rae with her brother before getting home.
What a nice, kind heart looking brother, we couldn't expect anything less from No-rae's family

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

But then Ji-hwan still has one more year to finish, and he's a year older than both Seol-a and No-rae, which would put him at 24? Kkyeong is also there at 23, supposedly graduating that year...but it seems that's the norm? In the States, at least, most graduate the same year they turn 22. Some take an extra year, but certainly not as many people in the same group.

Military service would put the guys older than the girls, no?

Is the gap year practice more prevalent in Korea than it is in the US? I know it's odd to do that here. People think you're going to become a bum.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Jeez, ok i did get older this week, but i don't even remember these extra panels, guess my memory is not reliable :D and how do you know how old is No-rae..i need to re-read everything from start : D

joined Nov 30, 2011

HypocriticalLiar

Random Reader

LOL. I'm not finishing at 23 (I wish. My youth.)! I'll be done at 24, which is about normal for a Master's degree I think. :)

Oh! whew!! I was about to say!! Lol. I know most finish grad school around 25 so that seems right ;-p. I'm in my last semester of grad school myself. Only a few more weeks left and just wrapped up my portfolio. But I'm finishing at 27 unlike you -_- .... Went to a JC, then a 4 year, and finally Grad school. I'm gonna take a break from school. So fucking burnt out @_X... Going to go back and get a 2nd masters in history or possibly an information science. But... I'm done for now lol.

What are you studying?

last edited at Apr 26, 2015 6:18PM

joined Mar 28, 2014

If wiki doesn't lie, one enters the uni at the age of 19 and studies for 4 (bachelor) or 6 years. So they either graduate at 23 or 25, unless there were any breaks that ask for extra years.
As for No-Rae's sister, she could be getting a second degree.

joined Apr 26, 2015

Samba as cute as her characters. Who else would draw a happy face over a cloth's bag on the old woman's head.
By the way, do you think that old woman was actually No-rae's mother or grandmother (looks old like a grandmother to me ^^).
Yes Soel-A definitely not looking comfortable there with a look of (how should I explain this now)/
I bet all the way she was just trying to figure out how to explain her presence at the village to No-rae before he encounter with the old woman lead her actually face to face with no-rae.
But yes, I don't think no-rae will say anything, definitely not infront of the family. And the awkwardness will be when the family insist for Soel-A to stay without No-rae be able to object or anything.
This chapter was mainly a pathway to what is coming. Just imagining the next chapter with them face to face at no-rae's old room, alone, after the awkward goodbye is really something to watch

last edited at Apr 26, 2015 6:28PM

joined Mar 28, 2014

I don't think no-rae will say anything, definitely not infront of the family. And the awkwardness will be when the family insist for Soel-A to stay without No-rae be able to object or anything.
This chapter was mainly a pathway to what is coming. Just imagining the next chapter with them face to face, alone, after the awkward goodbye is really something to watch

Yes! I totally see them having a proper one-to-one talk under the evening sky full of stars! And I also think No-Rae isn't going to explode in front of her family.

last edited at Apr 26, 2015 6:36PM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

heh blackkitty! I've re-read this thing like 4 full times now, that would be how. :P Part of me regrets finding FF. Now, I'm comparing nearly everything I read to it. And yay Lara! We were both on the same track then. :D

HL (Me)

tiger

Military service would put the guys older than the girls, no?

Is the gap year practice more prevalent in Korea than it is in the US? I know it's odd to do that here. People think you're going to become a bum.

AH. You would be right. I thought military service could happen randomly between 18 and 35 (I think it was? I think halmoni included it somewhere, but I could be wrong). I didn't think most did it before, but I think you're right. I totally forgot Ji-hwan did his service already.

takachi

If wiki doesn't lie, one enters the uni at the age of 19 and studies for 4 (bachelor) or 6 years. So they either graduate at 23 or 25, unless there were any breaks that ask for extra years.
As for No-Rae's sister, she could be getting a second degree.

Ah! Thank you! Now I'm a little ashamed I didn't google it >__>;

That's interesting though...like tiger mentioned, gap years here are pretty frowned upon, and it definitely never (or close to it) happens after high school (for the bum reason). I guess, for whatever reason, in Korea it's more flexible?

Random Reader

Oh! whew!! I was about to say!! Lol. I know most finish grad school around 25 so that seems right ;-p. I'm in my last semester of grad school myself. Only a few more weeks left and just wrapped up my portfolio. But I'm finishing at 27 unlike you -_- .... Went to a JC, then a 4 year, and finally Grad school. I'm gonna take a break from school. So fucking burnt out @_X... Going to go back and get a 2nd masters in history or possibly an information science. But... I'm done for now lol.

DUDE. I'm jealous!! You're graduating! I totally don't blame you for being burnt out though (I'm honestly impressed you put up with so much schooling and you want to go back for more), half of me just wants to throw all my papers into pit and set everything on fire, and I've only been in grad school for a year. -_-;; UGH. HISTORY THO? History is...by far...my worst subject (wait, I take that back....econ is worse, but history is a close second). All the dates....everyone looks the same!! and worst of all, the people!! for the exact same reason! Henry the Fifth, Henry the Eight, I can't keep track! sorry off tangent tirade there. >->

Don't know too much about information science tho...is that like M.I.S. (business related?)?
What's your current masters in?

What are you studying?

I'm doing chem engineering right now. It's both awful and fun at the same time and I don't even understand how.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

I don't think no-rae will say anything, definitely not infront of the family. And the awkwardness will be when the family insist for Soel-A to stay without No-rae be able to object or anything.
This chapter was mainly a pathway to what is coming. Just imagining the next chapter with them face to face, alone, after the awkward goodbye is really something to watch

Yes! I totally see them having a proper talk under the evening sky full of stars!

Unless it's raining and they have a warm productive chat in No-rae's room :D

joined Apr 26, 2015

Yes! I totally see them having a proper talk under the evening sky full of stars!

I have a good feeling they will come to an agreement, or more precisely, No-rae will reach an agreement with her self to stop being angry and avoiding Soel-A but instead stay "a friend" who will always be by Soel-A side as she promised her before. Even though it meant her heart will hurt. This comes after seeing her expression talking with her brother. Even without understanding a word, it was the eyes of a woman in love.

No-Rae's main reason for avoiding Soel-A to me was mainly because she hated the idea of falling in love again, after her painful experience in the past. Such feeling she didn't want to have again.

But this visit to the village will not be mainly a healer to their argument as in the middle of all this, will come back her past, no-rae's past and her painful love.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Ch. 32 rough translation - http://pastebin.com/av4ZnTbR

SPECIAL GUEST APPEARANCE BY ME OMG LMAOOOOOO

joined Apr 26, 2015

Ch. 32 rough translation - http://pastebin.com/av4ZnTbR

SPECIAL GUEST APPEARANCE BY ME OMG LMAOOOOOO

Thaaaaaaaaaaaanks
As always you are a star
reading

joined Apr 26, 2015

((Man: When did you cut your hair?))

Yes...I missed you too bro..hahahaha poor No-rae

last edited at Apr 26, 2015 6:50PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.