Forum › Legally Married Yuri Couple Book discussion

Femshep%20x%20liara%20avatar
joined Dec 8, 2013

Why are the chapters separated as oneshots? Shouldn't the be here under the single story?

joined May 2, 2014

Kyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa cute cutenesssss god !!!!i can't control the nosebleeding ...

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Why are the chapters separated as oneshots? Shouldn't the be here under the single story?

I think that's because they were first released as one-shots, but later grouped together in one story. That's my guess.

0d9c1f8da5c68f44be466e7fdf34f353
joined Jan 13, 2015

I think because this are 3 books. I think it was originally a one shot but the author had enough fun with the story to think hey let´s continue it.

Still this show is so cute I really like this author since all of the works are really nice and I like the idea with the cat ears very much.

Persona_renko_ava_100
joined Apr 28, 2012

I think they release one book at a time per event (for example, Comiket), so they're not really released together in one volume (yet) or in an official anthology and seem categorized like one-shots when it's actually more like "part 1", "part 2", etc.

last edited at Jan 28, 2015 5:45AM

Femshep%20x%20liara%20avatar
joined Dec 8, 2013

Thanks for the answers, everyone! Makes sense that it probably started off as a oneshot and kinda grew from there. Anyway, having them grouped together makes it neater and easier to follow, so I'm glad that happened. This series is just the best.

Untitled
joined Aug 14, 2014

This is meggaa cute. I need more lewd between these two lmao

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Hgnn... happy fluffy cute cuteness killed me.

If this guy isn't a pro yet, just hire him and make him write something longer.

joined Jul 31, 2014

I hope this story can be updatr soon.

A358eac338e2ef5b47aafda9b595bf39
joined Feb 8, 2013

Oh my, this is too cute! How did I miss this last year?! >,>

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's interesting, elsewhere there was a bit of discussion about "yuri" versus "lesbian" stories and how something like Gunjo comes off as lesbian where something like Sakura Trick was more yuri. And oddly enough I look at this story, as fluffy and sweet as it is, and I think it definitely falls on the "lesbian" side. Not because it's realistic by any means. It's tremendously romanticized and fluffy. But the fact that even het romances of a certain period were very much like this, and LMYC treats its same-sex couple in very much the same way, there's a level of the characters' attraction to each being taken seriously when it's treated more like fantasy in a lot of "yuri" works.

It's tricky to explain it in much more depth than that, but hopefully people see where I'm coming from.

joined Mar 23, 2013

It's interesting, elsewhere there was a bit of discussion about "yuri" versus "lesbian" stories and how something like Gunjo comes off as lesbian where something like Sakura Trick was more yuri. And oddly enough I look at this story, as fluffy and sweet as it is, and I think it definitely falls on the "lesbian" side. Not because it's realistic by any means. It's tremendously romanticized and fluffy. But the fact that even het romances of a certain period were very much like this, and LMYC treats its same-sex couple in very much the same way, there's a level of the characters' attraction to each being taken seriously when it's treated more like fantasy in a lot of "yuri" works.

It's tricky to explain it in much more depth than that, but hopefully people see where I'm coming from.

I totally get what you mean. I think it's also partially because of cohabition. In any romance that I've read that takes cohabitation as the main focus as you really feel a lot of detail going into the characters and how they interact. Because that's sort of the crux of the story really, how do they live?

For this reason I love all cohabitation mangas with the exception of the shounen/shoujo "We are now living together because circumstances". They're more comedy/stupid drama related and less about bonding and romance.

last edited at Apr 26, 2015 11:28AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I totally get what you mean. I think it's also partially because of cohabition. In any romance that I've read that takes cohabitation as the main focus as you really feel a lot of detail going into the characters and how they interact. Because that's sort of the crux of the story really, how do they live?

For this reason I love all cohabitation mangas with the exception of the shounen/shoujo "We are now living together because circumstances". They're more comedy/stupid drama related and less about bonding and romance.

I get what you mean about cohabitation, honestly I hadn't thought much about that angle. One reason I like Kimi Koi Limit I suppose, is the whole thing about the MC not just wanting to date her love interest, but live with her on a serious basis (getting a job, etc.). Off Time by Morishima Akiko comes to mind, where they've been together for a long time but still find romance together.

joined Mar 23, 2013

I get what you mean about cohabitation, honestly I hadn't thought much about that angle. One reason I like Kimi Koi Limit I suppose, is the whole thing about the MC not just wanting to date her love interest, but live with her on a serious basis (getting a job, etc.). Off Time by Morishima Akiko comes to mind, where they've been together for a long time but still find romance together.

Living in the same place people are bound to share part of themselves and that's something precious. If as the reader we're able to see their world and how the characters evolve together then the story is better for it.

This is true even if the relationship in question is platonic like in the case of roommates or friends. One thing I would want to see more of in manga is adult friends living together. It could be any variation of gender and I would gobble it all up.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Living in the same place people are bound to share part of themselves and that's something precious. If as the reader we're able to see their world and how the characters evolve together then the story is better for it.

This is true even if the relationship in question is platonic like in the case of roommates or friends. One thing I would want to see more of in manga is adult friends living together. It could be any variation of gender and I would gobble it all up.

One thing I've seen American comic writers like Gail Simone and Kelly Sue DeConnick talk about as important is presenting female friendships. Not just women who work together fighting evil or whatever, but women who hang out, play boardgames, go to a movie in a non-date way, etc. I think that ties in well with what you're saying, and it results in much more developed characters in the end.

joined Mar 23, 2013

One thing I've seen American comic writers like Gail Simone and Kelly Sue DeConnick talk about as important is presenting female friendships. Not just women who work together fighting evil or whatever, but women who hang out, play boardgames, go to a movie in a non-date way, etc. I think that ties in well with what you're saying, and it results in much more developed characters in the end.

Yep female friendship is rarely portrayed extensively in manga. Even in female demographic work you mostly have "the best friend" and then all the love rivals and grade-A bitches that fight the heroine for the love interests.

This is why I lile stuff like Kimi no Todoke. Let's be real, the male MC is nice, intelligent, handsome and always is there supportive. He's pure insert fantasy, no one is that perfect.

But what really keeps me coming back is the friendship the three main girls have.
They are all different and have their own life but through it all they are always there to give eachother other advice and get through the stressful parts.

But yeah, female friendship is overlooked compared to it's counterpart the bromance. The ratio isn't even remotely close to 50/50.

last edited at Apr 26, 2015 12:25PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This is why I lile stuff like Kimi no Todoke. Let's be real, the male MC is nice, intelligent, handsome and always is there supportive. He's pure insert fantasy, no one is that perfect.

But what really keeps me coming back is the friendship the three main girls have.
They are all different and have their own life but through it all they are always there to give eachother other advice and get through the stressful parts.

But yeah, female friendship is overlooked compared to it's counterpart the bromance. The ratio isn't even remotely close to 50/50.

And then you get something like YKK, which doesn't really have any romance to speak of (not counting the Alpha/Kokone/Maruko triangle of course). It's all friendships of various sorts and everyone has their own life that intersects with the others.

joined Mar 23, 2013

And then you get something like YKK, which doesn't really have any romance to speak of (not counting the Alpha/Kokone/Maruko triangle of course). It's all friendships of various sorts and everyone has their own life that intersects with the others.

A masterpiece of soothing mixed with some sadness. The last chapter with Alpha remembering will forever be engrained in my brain as long as I don't get alzheimer or something similar.
The end makes you feel calm but empty, it was such a weird feeling.
Amplified I'm sure because I read it when it was still being released and ongoing.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

A masterpiece of soothing mixed with some sadness. The last chapter with Alpha remembering will forever be engrained in my brain as long as I don't get alzheimer or something similar.
The end makes you feel calm but empty, it was such a weird feeling.
Amplified I'm sure because I read it when it was still being released and ongoing.

There's also Aqua and Aria as well as Amanchu from Amano if you're interested in female friendships. Amanchu to a lesser extend though, it's full of subtext.

joined Mar 23, 2013

There's also Aqua and Aria as well as Amanchu from Amano if you're interested in female friendships. Amanchu to a lesser extend though, it's full of subtext.

I've read those of course. Alicia's ending annoys me still to this day.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Alicia's ending literally came out of nowhere too. There's no indication she was seeing anyone up to that point. I mean it's not like there wasn't a het relationship (that actually worked) in the series between Aika and Al. I can almost imagine 'Alice x Akari` a few years down the line though.

But that aside, it's a fantastic example of female friendships in manga. I'm also fond of the Keito/Momiji friendship in the series Cat Street (a favourite series of mine). There's a lot of mutual support and just plain palling around.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Alicia's ending literally came out of nowhere too. There's no indication she was seeing anyone up to that point.

There was a previous indication, one of them male cast tried to give flowers IIRC and said she had already received some and I do vaguely remember a ring which indicated fiancé of some sort. But the way she talked about it did not look that happy to me.

Some have theorized that her marriage was arranged and that she may have done it for politics, money or for her family.

There's some people that think that Alicia was so badass that no random guy would of been accepted by the readers. He would of needed a manga of his own to prove he was worthy of her.

I think it's unfortunately the former and that's why I'm upset. She did not deserve that, although I know that no matter what happens she'll make the best of it. It still does not feel right to me still.

last edited at Apr 26, 2015 1:33PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think it's unfortunately the former and that's why I'm upset. She did not deserve that, although I know that no matter what happens she'll make the best of it. It still does not feel right to me still.

Personally I think it was something much simpler, and in a lot of ways more galling. Going from what I've been able to gather about Japanese culture (admittedly second and third hand), women often give up their careers upon marriage. You see it in manga a lot, and I've heard that wanting to avoid that fate is one thing contributing to Japan's low birth rate. They needed something to remove Alicia at the end so Akari could succeed her position at the end, and marriage would be easily understood by the readers.

Oh, and the ring part was to do with the Marriage Of the Sea ritual, rather than an actual engagement ring. But it does suggest there's some unknown male with an interest in her.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Personally I think it was something much simpler, and in a lot of ways more galling. Going from what I've been able to gather about Japanese culture (admittedly second and third hand), women often give up their careers upon marriage. You see it in manga a lot, and I've heard that wanting to avoid that fate is one thing contributing to Japan's low birth rate. They needed something to remove Alicia at the end so Akari could succeed her position at the end, and marriage would be easily understood by the readers.

Oh, and the ring part was to do with the Marriage Of the Sea ritual, rather than an actual engagement ring. But it does suggest there's some unknown male with an interest in her.

Did she not take an administrative-like position in the ending? She didn't quit working simply doing less hands-on work. I imagine that's because it's a more stable job and she moves around less. Perhaps her love interest gave her some sort of ultimatum.

Maybe you're right and people are looking too much into it.

last edited at Apr 26, 2015 2:03PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Did she not take an administrative-like position in the ending? She didn't quit working simply doing less hands-on work. I imagine that's because it's a more stable job and she moves around less. Perhaps her love interest gave her some sort of ultimatum.

Perhaps you're right and people are looking too much into it.

Yeah, I always thought it was just a bit of forced character development for Akari. She had to go so Akari would grow more independant and I have problems thinking of any other excuse but marriage.

Alicia's ending literally came out of nowhere too. There's no indication she was seeing anyone up to that point. I mean it's not like there wasn't a het relationship (that actually worked) in the series between Aika and Al. I can almost imagine 'Alice x Akari` a few years down the line though.

Akari x Cait Sith OTP.
Jokes aside, whether Akari x Alice happens or not, Alice's husband is always going to play second fiddle to Akari. Obviously, I'd rather believe in Akari x Alice.
And yeah, Al was a good guy.

To reply you must either login or sign up.