Forum › Apollonia discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Thanks to War Bunny for sharing this one with us!

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

I've followed this on Webtoon. Super fun. Cool seeing it here!

last edited at Jun 16, 2024 3:31PM

joined Feb 7, 2013

Such a fun read!

WarBunny Uploader
joined Jan 16, 2020

Hello! I am the creator. I hope you enjoy it. I have always enjoyed reading yuri on Dynasty Scans. So it's so surreal to have my own work on here. Love you guys!

last edited at Jun 16, 2024 8:13PM

Gothic_Catalyst
14883450_345545539125601_1739065670976333342_o
joined Jun 20, 2015

Wasn't expecting to see this on here but it is nice to see it.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Dynasty Scans Science

WarBunny Uploader
joined Jan 16, 2020

If y'all have any questions about lore or whatever, I would be more than happy to answer spoiler free :)

joined Jul 22, 2014

Sci-Fi Western huh, why pick that setting?
It just for me Western is bit of a cliche, I guess the familiarity is due to Cowboy Bebop and anything Cowboy from tv series and so on.
I really like the Webtoon Dub even if the southern US accent give me mixed feelings, plays a bit too much into Western trope even if it does sounds nice.

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

^I mean, you could say that of every setting/genre.

Best guess is the author made a Space western because they like that genre (or thought there weren't enough yuri in that genre).
Being in a given genre isn't cliche on its own. Whether it is or not I'll see after reading more but that's another point.

_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

If y'all have any questions about lore or whatever, I would be more than happy to answer spoiler free :)

Not a question but a compliment. Page 4 of chapter 30 brings memories of one of the best scenes from the movie True Grit (the original with John Wayne). Well done and thank you.

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

Uploader artificially backdating the releases (even though they were all just added less than a week ago) so that only a few show up on the front page and everyone thinks it's always been here and can just ignore it

You bring no smiles of joy to anyone's face by doing this, and instead bury a cool series. Why shoot yourself in the foot this way?

last edited at Jun 20, 2024 11:03PM

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

Read up to chapter 9 so far, I figured the real requirement to join the Apollonia is to have great abs. The others are suspicious of Molly because they haven't gotten the occasion to see her stomach.
That was the goal of the medical exam. Which is why doc is kinda more open, he got the opportunity to verify. But at the same time he is still warry because her abs could use so more workout.
Tess is proudly letting everyone know at all times that she is the most trustworthy person around.

I gotta say,  pretty satisfied to have uncovered that plot thread.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Uploader artificially backdating the releases (even though they were all just added less than a week ago) so that only a few show up on the front page and everyone thinks it's always been here and can just ignore it

You bring no smiles of joy to anyone's face by doing this, and instead bury a cool series. Why shoot yourself in the foot this way?

That's just the system that Dynasty follows. All chapters are dated according to their original release, regardless of when they were uploaded on Dynasty. This comic has been on webtoon for years.

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

Akira slide spotted.

Oh, yeah. I'm gonna like this series.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Golden Brown posted:

As we become current with the Webtoons releases we'll start getting some chapters on the front page, and the series will be featured at that time, too. Unfortunately we don't have a system in place for posting 40+ chapters on the front page without burying everything else released during the same time period. Just a technical shortcoming.

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

I'm going through this pretty slowly, but don't think I didn't catch that TF2 reference as well.

I'm probably a little biased, but I fucking love westerns, and the cliche storm is both the entire point and part of the experience.

And as a gun nut I appreciate the amount of thought that went into the fire arms, and how even the detail of turning one of the (sometimes) redundant safeties into a risky overheating mechanic is also part of the worldbuilding and says something about the society as a whole. Unless that is an error, but it seems too intentional to not be.

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

Chap 22
Damn,Perry is fast. Being able to keep up with Molly like that.

joined Mar 14, 2016

Ch. 37.

That's a Brennen quote from Dimension 20. I'm starting to wonder if we're the same person.

I'm also like 90% sure Molly's guns are based on ornaments for The Last Word and Cassie's gun is an ornament for The Ace of Spades.

Cassie and "Arsenal" are clearly based on Yang and Blake though Cass design wise is a mix of Blake and Neo (gotta get the best of both ships)

The splash art introductions in the style of Borderlands

One of the poses in an earlier chapter was clearly a Drake meme, and then the Anakin and Padme meme.

Then there's the Cigarette Kiss from Black Lagoon...

I feel like I'm watching Pootis Engage and need to make a list of all the references I can spot and I'm pretty sure it will be incomplete.

I just realized Perry shares a color scheme with Perry the Platypus. I'm not sure if that was intended or I'm now finally reaching, but now I can't unsee it.

last edited at Jun 26, 2024 2:33AM

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/apollonia_ch29#3
Ah! I knew it. Showing the abs really do establish that she is the most trustworthy person around!
What?
Hey, that's basically what she said.

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

Chapter 45: The coyotes put up more of a fight than I expected. Turns out Perry wasn't the only one worth something.
Just being able to take some of Tess' punches, I guess Marcus isn't called "the mountain" for no reason.
Sadly for thems, they have a tendency to make rash (and sometimes unlucky) decisions. Taking in that idiot Cullen, who is clearly more trouble than he is worth, insulting Tess within Perry's earshot, talking smack about Lacey Jones (and cheating in a fight), trying to take over towns by force and using the diplomatic approach once settled in instead of the other way around.
Sam should have planned ahead a bit more.
Really, even without the Apollonia crew showing up, causing so much noise would've probably attracted the attention of Mad Dog sooner or later. And if his nickname is anything to go by, that would have been bad news for them.

(ch46:Well, Alma call them out on this, and it looks like they did attract the attention of Mad Dog.)

PS: Funny enough, despite their nice suits and surface of gentlemanly behavior, dandies (and former dandies) seems to have the worst track record of calling women B*tch or Wh*res. I wonder if this is a general trend with the gang or just a few isolated cases.

last edited at Jul 7, 2024 4:20PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.