Forum › Yuri Kuma Arashi anime (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

Yeah there are a lots of explicit sexual thing but it's too weird and without any real relationship. I can't consider it as yuri. It's too much of a weirdly metaphorical thing

Spoilers for beyond episode 2 Kureha and Sumika are undoubtedly in love with each other. Same for Yuriika and Reia. Ginko too. Granted the word 'friend' is always used, but certain words in this show holds a new meaning compared to how they're usually defined. If you don't want to touch the spoilers, I'll just say that the show is very much yuri for me.

I'll put a spoiler tag on the newest episode since it seems people who haven't seen t he show looks through the thread. Yuriika's end was tragic, but it had a sort of happy tone and was conclusive for her, so I'm satisfied. Kureha's classmates included and helped her, but I still feel a certain sense of dread. Not to mention Ginko's given in to her desire and that could only mean bad things. These past few episdoes have been one cliffhanger after another. Cheers~~

Ikuhara has never given us a full on happy end, so I won't let myself expect much.

It's a fully psychological manga about about lesbian in the society if I understood what people said about it (I will confirm it by myself soon), not a yuri one

You seem to be using lesbian and yuri as two words with completely different meanings. Could you explain how you define the two? If I'm reading it correctly, are you banking on a focus to the romance as a defining trait for a yuri show?

last edited at Mar 9, 2015 4:34PM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Well, as long as it doesn't end up het, I'm fine with it. Just don't want to go for an anime hoping for yuri and getting some bait & switch... will probably give it a try, see how it goes.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

It's a fully psychological manga about about lesbian in the society if I understood what people said about it (I will confirm it by myself soon), not a yuri one

You seem to be using lesbian and yuri as two words with completely different meanings. Could you explain how you define the two? If I'm reading it correctly, are you banking on a focus to the romance as a defining trait for a yuri show?

Yes here I'm using yuri as it is used for a yuri magazine => romance between girls. So no in my opinion it's not because there is a lesbian in the show or because it's talking metaphorically about how lesbian are treated in society or other lesbian matter that it is yuri. Not that I wouldn't like these kind of manga.
I won't say that I never use the word for other things, i'm not inflexible but when it's too far away from it (I consider being too metaphorical moving away here), even if there is a "bear" "eating" a girl in a sexual explicit way because the girl have a gorgeous smelI just after having eaten ohter girls, I can't see it as yuri.
But once again I didn't see more than episode 2 (or maybe 3, I don't remember) x)

last edited at Mar 9, 2015 5:57PM

Pic1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Yes here I'm using yuri as it is used for a yuri magazine => romance between girls. So no in my opinion it's not because there is a lesbian in the show or because it's talking metaphorically about how lesbian are treated in society or other lesbian matter that it is yuri. Not that I wouldn't like these kind of manga.
I won't say that I never use the word for other things, i'm not inflexible but when it's too far away from it (I consider being too metaphorical moving away here), even if there is a "bear" "eating" a girl in a sexual explicit way because the girl have a gorgeous smelI just after having eaten ohter girls, I can't see it as yuri.
But once again I didn't see more than episode 2 (or maybe 3, I don't remember) x)

Uh, then isn't it a little premature for you to judge whether a show has any yuri or not, based on 1 or 2 episodes? If I did that, I would have missed out on anime like Sengoku collection, where all the yuri more or less appeared somewhere in the middle to much later on. ^_^;

Anyways, Yuri Kuma Arashi is a yuri show. These are facts. Whether or not a show is yuri, isn't defined by one's perception of the genre, but whether there is any actual yuri going on (Canon, strong subtext..etc). In Yuri Kuma Arashi's case, YES, it has canon yuri romance. Not just that, but the plot actually revolves around it, which is rare to see in anime these days, as the trend is subtext yuri stuff at most or yuri that is limited to side characters.

However, you don't have to like the series. It also does require a bit of analyzing to get the full context, plus it's visual portrayal may not tickle everyone's fancy. If this is not to your cup of tea, you should watch something else! :D

last edited at Mar 10, 2015 9:09PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ you can say that scene was......sexy~~

Anyway one thing that's REALLY bothering me: how did Kureha's mom get pregnant? Science/magic? cloning maybe? Yuriika mentions many times that she got her "love" taken from her by Kureha and not someone else? seriously how does it work?! I need some kind of explanation.

I think the anime could have ended right now w/o the Ginko getting shot etc part but you know it would be only 9 eps long I dunno I think I'll wait 'till it's over, I don't want to be disappointed so...you guys keep posting here =D

joined Jul 2, 2013

Anyway one thing that's REALLY bothering me: how did Kureha's mom get pregnant? Science/magic? cloning maybe? Yuriika mentions many times that she got her "love" taken from her by Kureha and not someone else? seriously how does it work?! I need some kind of explanation.

I think the anime could have ended right now w/o the Ginko getting shot etc part but you know it would be only 9 eps long I dunno I think I'll wait 'till it's over, I don't want to be disappointed so...you guys keep posting here =D

It's not important, therefore not shown (speculation galore). The show only has 12 episodes afterall, shortest Ikuhara has ever done.

Ending it like that would have been anticlimatic and honestly, nothing has really been resolved at that point. Not to mention I'm currently liking the side characters more than the main 3. I kinda want that to change, even if just slightly, in the next 3 episodes.

last edited at Mar 11, 2015 7:25PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

But that's why I said that since w/o that plot point they would have not choice but to drop the rest of the story and maybe use the next 3 eps as a slice of life with lots of flirting. But that's just what I would have done since I just want some freaking yuri(kisses and stuff) already.

joined Jul 2, 2013

Promised Kiss delivered. Ikuhara and actual happy-happy end. I'm still in shock.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Promised Kiss delivered. Ikuhara and actual happy-happy end. I'm still in shock.

WIth what happened to Lulu, I don't really care ! the main characters didn't catch my attention... I'm not even sure if I want to finish it.

last edited at Mar 30, 2015 1:40PM

joined Jul 2, 2013

WIth what happened to Lulu, I don't really care ! the main characters didn't catch my attention... I'm not even sure if I want to finish it.

But even Gesu-chan gets her happy end.

last edited at Mar 30, 2015 2:58PM

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

without any real relationship? Try to watch it,really, there's a fated reunion,it's actually set in stone,well in a storybook It's the deepest , meaningful stuff I've watched in yuri terms :O

joined Apr 27, 2014

-just watched the ending- :O I don't have words for it.... <3 so... :3

freaking promised kiss delivered!!!!

joined Jul 2, 2013

There's already fanart of the new OTP.

Pic1
joined Aug 29, 2013

A girl for every girl! ^_^

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

That was... happy, but I have issues with a lot of the points Ikuhara is making

joined Apr 27, 2014

That was... happy, but I have issues with a lot of the points Ikuhara is making

Such as? -curious-

Es1-3muwmamw-fl
joined Dec 20, 2014

Reading the past posts where people are shitting themselves over the fist ep was quite fun.

I personally love the ending. Shoving all the symbolism and true meaning aside (I still don't get the half of it but I know the main grasp. Or what), at least my OTP got together. I do like you, Lulu but anyone who gets between my otp = Evil. Wouldn't mind the threesome end tho

ALSO: The glasses girl being the goddess bear? Mindblown. I seriously thought it was Madoka that was tired of all the shit and coming down to yuri approve them

joined Apr 27, 2014

Reading the past posts where people are shitting themselves over the fist ep was quite fun.

I personally love the ending. Shoving all the symbolism and true meaning aside (I still don't get the half of it but I know the main grasp. Or what), at least my OTP got together. I do like you, Lulu but anyone who gets between my otp = Evil. Wouldn't mind the threesome end tho

ALSO: The glasses girl being the goddess bear? Mindblown. I seriously thought it was Madoka that was tired of all the shit and coming down to yuri approve them

I was a bit surprised at the Kumaria=Sumika ( glasses girl) thing,but it's cool I NEVER liked her with Kureha, I wanted KurehaXginko <3, I think Kumaria came down to earth to show love to those girls and open a path for a new society..like Jesus or something,or I am overthinking and she was just,well there.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

A little late but: Lulu my darling why!?!?!?! gahh I was waiting for the OT3 ;_; but yeah surprisingly pretty happy ending, I thought they would all die in the end :0

KatzeDerNacht
joined Apr 27, 2014

I just don't understand one thing...

Lulu is with her dead bro in another kinda bear heaven?

Photo1
joined Feb 11, 2013

I loved it so much. I'm so happy that our genre is taking off. There's more yuri in the summer season also!

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I loved it so much. I'm so happy that our genre is taking off. There's more yuri in the summer season also!

Names please!

KatzeDerNacht
joined Apr 27, 2014

Names please!

Names,Names! I know there will be a third season of Yuru-yuri but not when.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Great! Any other yuri anime this year?

Pic1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Great! Any other yuri anime this year?

For Spring, there is Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Vivid, Kiniro Mosaic 2 and Teekyuu. I heard that the female lead of Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku likes girls in the manga, but no one is sure how well that will translate into the anime. Re-Kan! and Urawa no Usagi-chan look sort of prospective, but I know nothing about them.

For Summer, there is Symphogear 3, Non non Biyori 2 and likely Valkyrie Drive (if not, Autumn or Winter).

That's what I gathered for now. Might have missed things though!

last edited at Apr 1, 2015 11:24PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.