969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Ah...shit. made me tear up again.

depressing as FUCK

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

depressing as FUCK

Happy ending though, right? How often can you say both about the same story?

joined Dec 18, 2013

Why do they make so many of these sad for no damn reason stories, seriously
Marisa is a magician, magicians are a class capable of achieving immortality, according to Zun, and Marisa is also aiming for immortality.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Marisa is a magician, magicians are a class capable of achieving immortality, according to Zun, and Marisa is also aiming for immortality.

Is she? Everything I've seen of Marisa suggests she's all about magic for its own sake, not magic to attain immortality (or even transcend humanity, like Patchouli). Where does the idea that Marisa wants to be immortal come from?

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Well, it's a fact that in Touhou universe Human Magicians can become Youkai magicians. Alice is a prime example of that, actually, so she of all people should at least mention it.
Also Marisa apparently said "...Although the whole immortality thing is pretty appealing." in Imperishable Night. Unlike Sakuya who was against the idea.

I actually wonder why there aren't any doujins about Marisa becoming Youkai magician. I think there was a couple about Alice becoming one, but I can't remember the names. Both were briefly mentioned in Reborn from Omega, though kinda indirect.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, it's a fact that in Touhou universe Human Magicians can become Youkai magicians. Alice is a prime example of that, actually, so she of all people should at least mention it.
Also Marisa apparently said "...Although the whole immortality thing is pretty appealing." in Imperishable Night. Unlike Sakuya who was against the idea.

I actually wonder why there aren't any doujins about Marisa becoming Youkai magician. I think there was a couple about Alice becoming one, but I can't remember the names. Both were briefly mentioned in Reborn from Omega, though kinda indirect.

Closest I can think of is Jasper Star, but there may be others.

joined Sep 8, 2014

Is she? Everything I've seen of Marisa suggests she's all about magic for its own sake, not magic to attain immortality (or even transcend humanity, like Patchouli). Where does the idea that Marisa wants to be immortal come from?

In official character detail of Perfect Cherry Blossom. There are mention in Marisa part as "Magic is her weapon. For the time being, her aim is to create the elixir of immortality". Moreover in other part including UFO, SPM and TD, Marisa look interest about eternity youth and immortality (when she encounter with thousand years Magician like Byakuren and Hermit like Miko). I think this enough to confirm that Marisa is aiming for immortality.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I dunno how I missed this one for so long. That made me tear up. Ending was adorable as hell though, especially the ending. Eiki isn't a character I'm familiar with but she's apparently too soft-hearted, lol.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@Thiron I know this is an ancient post lol but to have it on record in here - Alice was never a human. Her mother is the Goddess of Makai and just created herself a daughter.

joined Feb 28, 2020

[Barter 27/60] I'll make it worth your while.
[Pack Rat] I still have things I want to collect.
[Charisma 10] Because, there is someone waiting for me.
[Cherchez La Femme] I'll put it in a way you can understand.
Forget it, I'll wait my turn.

last edited at Aug 13, 2020 12:00PM

joined Oct 29, 2019

@Thiron I know this is an ancient post lol but to have it on record in here - Alice was never a human. Her mother is the Goddess of Makai and just created herself a daughter.

She seems to be a human actually based on Perfect Memento of Strict Sense. It's one of those things a lot of people kinda ignore though, since it'd make some stuff a bit complicated (like how Alice and Shinki even be related at all in PC98, and stuff like that)

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

She seems to be a human actually based on Perfect Memento of Strict Sense. It's one of those things a lot of people kinda ignore though, since it'd make some stuff a bit complicated (like how Alice and Shinki even be related at all in PC98, and stuff like that)

Hieda no Akyuu states in Perfect Memento in Strict Sense that Alice is a former human who turned into a youkai. Apparently, there are magicians and there are people like Marisa who know magic. Even there, I am not sure Alice isn't a demi-goddess or a doll brought to life, with "human -> youkai" being just another guise.

Nishina
joined Nov 8, 2021

Cried a bit, but the omake made me burst out my laugh loudly

Anyhow, since I'm not that familiar, when Marisa come to see Alice, she hasn't been reincarnated yet, right? She's still in hell, just had some time to visit Alice?

joined Oct 25, 2010

This brings me to tears each time I read it! But, it is so beautiful sweet and deep. Marisa loves Alice too. I know many fans think Reimu is the perfect partner for Marisa. Somehow I feel Alice and Marisa make the best couple... a youkai and human loving each other...But, Marisa and Alice are never parted — Shiki-Sama has cast an eternal spell so Alice and Marisa are joined forever! Alice’s mom as goddess of Makai can make this condition true- even if they may have to live together in her realm for a short time!

last edited at Apr 25, 2022 7:05PM

joined Oct 25, 2010

Alice and Marisa are wonderful together as lovers in Gensokyo ! My heart aches while I read it! Poor Alice heart breaks every time I read this profound work !

To reply you must either login or sign up.