Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Sometimes it really is like that.

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

abstract food yuri

joined Oct 25, 2010

I don’t dislike this story, but I don’t understand its message! Is the character mourning over the loss of a beloved one? I know that I am not hungry when depressed! Is she feeling great loss too?

joined Jan 11, 2014

Cute art and pining but I kinda don't get the relationship or chemistry between the characters

joined Sep 10, 2022

I don’t dislike this story, but I don’t understand its message! Is the character mourning over the loss of a beloved one? I know that I am not hungry when depressed! Is she feeling great loss too?

She couldn't eat and didn't understand why her appetite had dried up. She met who was likely her crush for lunch, after having not seen her for a bit. It seems they'd had a habit of eating together but couldn't for a while. Afterwards, she realized that she'd eaten her entire plate of food while talking with that crush (who seemed to be flirting with her as well). It ends with her planning a meetup (or date) with that crush and she's now feeling better. The idea is that her loss of appetite was either caused by not seeing her loved one or cured by reconnecting with her loved one. Simply being with her crush allowed her to eat an entire meal, without even realizing it, like time passing with someone you care about.

There's other touches: such as her talking about how "eating your favorite food should make you feel better", which implies she had been feeling down; the two panels where she has dog ears and wags her tail sadly, after seeing her crush from afar, then happily, when her crush is there; her friend noticing that she's now "back to normal" after the cafeteria, etc. Her crush also seems to have an inkling of the affect she has, and teases her with it--hence the title (kind of dual meanings). Seems pretty wholesome on first read.

last edited at Jul 9, 2023 8:42PM

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Friends and crushes don't let friends and crushers go hungry.

But how about thirsty?...

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

reminds me of that one scene where Jim told Dwight that he had a hard time eating and sleeping when Pam and Roy officially set a date for their wedding

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

I've had these times where I didn't wanted to eat too girl, depression does that, this story hits a little close to home even if it's not supposed to be about depression

On a side note this story is great too, murasakino really knows how to craft a subtle story

last edited at Jul 10, 2023 12:42AM

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Subtext my ass, she missed her hot girlfriend.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Cute.

joined Sep 10, 2022

Subtext my ass, she missed her hot girlfriend.

Haha yeah, not really subtext. I guess because she didn't verbalize it outright.

last edited at Jul 10, 2023 8:20AM

joined Mar 17, 2019

woooh, from the page the crush has to lie about class ending late and meeting someone else. I can tell this is going to end badly if it continues.

Me%20now%20-%20copy
joined Feb 11, 2013

this hits way too close to home cuz im the type who loses appetite when i'm hard-crushing on someone and im pretty sure something close to this scenario happened when i was in college ;;; i feel this puppy girl cuz i too act a bit tsun towards flirty girls

Y5
joined Jul 23, 2020

ever since i've read you are my angela and by my side, i just ended up assuming that each of murasakino's pieces are metaphors but i just can't point out what's this supposed to mean.

but i'll never get tired of saying how much of a great storyteller they are :)

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

ever since i've read you are my angela and by my side, i just ended up assuming that each of murasakino's pieces are metaphors but i just can't point out what's this supposed to mean.

the metaphor is co-dependence

nah, I'm just kidding, I'm not smart enough to know what it is

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

the metaphor is co-dependence

nah, I'm just kidding, I'm not smart enough to know what it is

Might not be too far off. But yeah, I love their storytelling.

To reply you must either login or sign up.