Forum › I'll Go with You discussion

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

I'll agree with the rest of the cynicism here. This was silly and unconvincing: I never felt like the girls really stopped to think about what they'd actually do, apart from dreaming about what they could do.

Maybe they have been dreaming for a while, and they have some cash saved up? This story is a bit vague, and there are quite a few cynical assumptions here.

Um, no. They literally talked about it for the first time the previous day.

I don't know if it's partly the fact that I didn't really have a particularly angsty adolescence, but I couldn't see this as anything more than a "teenage rebellion", with zero thought put behind it. And seeing as what's-her-name supposedly "run away from home"... to her family's second house, I find it hard to imagine that she'd be prepared to get an actual job. I can only see them lasting as long as whatever cash/jewelry the rich girl had with her could last them, and them returning home in a maximum of four days.

Also, who in the world reads fairytales at 16 years old?

Is it weird I though the one girl was a ghost? lol

I was about 90% sure she was a ghost who couldn't pass on until she fell in true love.

I think it was the fact that she was completely white. Plus her wearing that ridiculous hat which looked like it came from three decades earlier than (what I assume to be) a modern setting. Perhaps it would make for a more interesting story if she was, honestly.

joined Sep 6, 2018

I think this one shot has been done before… can’t really remember when or who published it.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

For a moment I thought it was going to be revealed that Shion was a skin-stealer or something

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

It was cute but...isn't the aaaangst tag too much? I mean, the ending was pretty smooth, I never got time to start to feel dread or anything, since it's quite short.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Meh. It was okay. The implicit yuri needed to be way more explicit for my taste.

By that little blurb on the top of pg 5, I thought it was going to be more about Shion and Uta's families trying to convince then that their love was just a mistake of youth. Kind of like a yuri version of that song "I Think We're Alone Now". Honestly I think that story would have been a much better read.

Pat%20the%20sara
joined Apr 29, 2019

I was expecting a very sad ending, I'm glad to be bamboozled. So cute!

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

For a moment I thought it was going to be revealed that Shion was a skin-stealer or something

lesbian skinwalkers are the number one cause of death for young teenaged girls, right after giant eggs forcing them to commit suicide

joined Nov 30, 2011

I was about 90% sure she was a ghost who couldn't pass on until she fell in true love.

Same. Expected the girl to be a ghost and have a bittersweet sad ending.

Zaolu-newlandscapes-500x500
joined Jul 23, 2013

Same, was waiting for the other shoe to drop, haha.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Also, who in the world reads fairytales at 16 years old?

I DO! I love studying mythology!

Well, okay then

joined Sep 2, 2018

Really really surprised no one in these comments thought this yet:

The main characters are so Pokemon Sun/Moon that I thought this was an AU fic for a second

Received_330739178846629
joined Jan 15, 2022

Really really surprised no one in these comments thought this yet:

The main characters are so Pokemon Sun/Moon that I thought this was an AU fic for a second

So that's why they looked familiar somehow

Enanano
joined Oct 16, 2020

Damn who wanna run away with me fr

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I only read the first few chapters and last few chapters of it, but this is like a happy version of Kitanai Kimi ga Ichiban Kawaii by Manio. Mainly the running away thing reminds me of it, hopefully they don't end up dying like in the other story hahaha....

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

Ah, teenagerhood. 'Fuck parents, I just want to hang out with my best friend/gf forever. She's the only one who understands me'

Unfortunately, both of you are trying to figure life out blind, plus whatever you were running away from (bad family dynamics etc) isn't going to magically disappear in your new relationship together.

But one has to experience to know, right?

20221231_135046
joined Dec 1, 2022

Well, it could work honestly. Is it a teenage rebellion? Maybe. But it could work and get better. I learned all too late in life to believe in dreams and fairytales, but one should learn to.

To reply you must either login or sign up.