Forum › A Mangaka who Draws Sister Yuri Gets a Stepsister discussion

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

Was I the only one sure the sister would be a yuri otaku and coincidentally a fan of her sister mangaka? I swear, these stories get extremely predictable every day, I'm not expecting to see some avant-garde unique story when I read a title like that, but anyway it throws me off that these new mangas are so repetitive. Or perhaps it's just my depression talking.

joined Jan 14, 2020

It was a possibility, but wasn't a certainty. Could just as well have been the mangaka trying not to creep on her normal stepsister.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Y'all have that one moment, like, sudden urge to eat a sour fruit for some reason?

Something with some vitamin C is good this time of year . . .

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Was I the only one sure the sister would be a yuri otaku and coincidentally a fan of her sister mangaka? I swear, these stories get extremely predictable every day, I'm not expecting to see some avant-garde unique story when I read a title like that, but anyway it throws me off that these new mangas are so repetitive. Or perhaps it's just my depression talking.

Oh no, that was extremely predictable, I think this manga is only remarkable in just how derivative it manages to be lol. This first chapter especially is the most generic thing in the universe, beïng just setup (so it might get better but I’m not expecting it to). That said I’m still here for it.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Drawing genre of stepsister yuri? I thought manga most of the times just ignores the "step" and goes straight to incest without any dilemmas

Eh one of the most big name yuri series is stepsister yuri.

What i meant i can u really call it a genre? When in manga there is often no distinction made between "step" and blood relatives

A lot of works are about step-sisters! A really common trope is them not getting along, then unresolved sexual tension sets in. Another one I remember had two girls who were girlfriends in school discover their parents got married to each other and were afraid they'd have to break up. Etc. I think it's totally a genre.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Oh no, that was extremely predictable, I think this manga is only remarkable in just how derivative it manages to be lol. This first chapter especially is the most generic thing in the universe, beïng just setup (so it might get better but I’m not expecting it to). That said I’m still here for it.

As far as I can tell it's a self published comic on their Pixiv, and if the title is anything to go by they probably wanted to just make their own step-sibling romance with the usual shenanigans and beats of the subgenre. Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with that, there's plenty of fun to be had with doing a popular story type yourself. I also don't think it's anything serious, and people reading this are likely here for just that, more goofy step-sibling romance absurdity that we're all familiar with haha

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

ooooooooooohhh this is hitting off on a good start

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

Did you say Citrus?

with a touch of Mochi Au Lait

4825dbbf-266a-42cd-a88b-34a30c1f7471
joined Apr 16, 2021

i kind of love how stupid the premise is already, lol. seems ridiculous enough to be funny/cute.

23-n%20(1)
joined Dec 10, 2020

Annnnd let the misunderstandings begin!

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

This is doomed... to be really entertaining!

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Drawing genre of stepsister yuri? I thought manga most of the times just ignores the "step" and goes straight to incest without any dilemmas

Eh one of the most big name yuri series is stepsister yuri.

What i meant i can u really call it a genre? When in manga there is often no distinction made between "step" and blood relatives

Actually, I don't believe that's quite true: the genre exists, and has a name, it's called gishiyuri. One reason Dynasty Reader tags stories in that genre as Pseudo-incest is that while a majority are step-sibling yuri, a few are like Living With my Brother's Wife and a very few are sisters-in-law (usually cheating). gishi can mean step-sister or sister-in-law, so the people naming the genre seemingly ran with it. If you search for 義姉百合 or 義姉ゆり gishiyuri you will find a lot of things like Citrus. I just read a blurb saying it's a genre that's recently getting more popular, so expect more like this.

By the way, I eagerly await more. It has a lot of my favourite things: mangaka, step-sisters, age difference/sempai-kouhai relationship, imouto/onee-san relationship, etc.

Mangaka manga are among my favourites, and among my favourite animes were Shirobako and Sore ga Seiyuu, both anime about anime. I'm not much of a gamer, but New Game! is similar enough to the other topics that it fit.

last edited at Jan 12, 2023 11:37AM

joined Feb 2, 2023

Definitely want this

To reply you must either login or sign up.