Forum › Happy End discussion

joined Oct 2, 2014

We'll that was the worst, most anti-climactic ending to anything I've ever read or watched. Loved the story throughout but that end just spoiled it for me.

joined Oct 16, 2013

God damn! Can't we have one, just one good Yuri incest with a good ending?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

There are some...

(Only linking originals)

Completed with happy ending Series:
Candy Boy

Itoshi wo tome (not exactly sure what kind of incest it is)

One-shots:
Together with my big Siter + ContinuationNSFW (quite nice, I recommend)

Secret Sweet NightNSFW

Request to Onee-chanNSFW

My Little Sister is too CuteNSFW

Our Future + side story (not very yuri-ish)

That one sister series

Beautiful Pain+Extra (recommend this one)

Blue line (recommend this one also, same mangaka of the above)

Angel Drop (very short)

Kakera

My Sister's LipsNSFW

Under the Rose (not very yuri-ish)

last edited at Oct 15, 2014 7:37PM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

There are some...

Thanks for putting this list up here. I'd seen most of them before and consider a few of them to be among my favorites. But there were a few I hadn't seen, including both of the series.

joined Apr 15, 2013

Whoever came up with that tag, know that I love you.

Po
joined Oct 29, 2014

like W T F i spent months trying to find the other half of this manga only to see the worst ending in history of endings i mean what kind of yuri was this man atleast now i know why they took it out at ch.6 they were trying to save me from wasting my time with this shit i should've just pretended it ended at ch.6 kuso kurae no shi- eat shit and die

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

@suzuka Welcome to dynasty-scans I was just mentioning the wonders of this masterpiece... checks flips post on this page for a list of actual yuri.

joined Aug 9, 2013

That was forciest bad ending I've ever seen.
Seriously, the effort that the author gave in trolling yurifans was more laughable than it is allowed to be

Zelda.no.densetsu-.kaze.no.takuto.600.1188200~2
joined Oct 1, 2014

Interesting. Hope the title isn't going to be false advertising.

Esper?! But seriously how amazing is that, the very first comment was basically a warning to all of us. T^T

joined Dec 28, 2014

Poor Groom hehehe~

last edited at Dec 29, 2014 12:39AM

Es1-3muwmamw-fl
joined Dec 20, 2014

So this is what made yuri fans burst into flames
All these comments filled with hatred
Question is, to read or not to read?

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

The way I read it, the guy showed up near the end to make us think he would steal the older sister, but then it's a yuri end anyway. If it wasn't for all the rage comments and the het tag, I wouldn't have even considered that the wedding was between Natsuki and Sakaki(?), and even considering this, I don't think it was supposed to be. The sticking out the tongue thing was like Ume gloating that she won or something. Oh well, I'm accustomed to delusion anyway.

joined Jan 11, 2015

There are some...

(Only linking originals)

Completed with happy ending Series:
Candy Boy

Itoshi wo tome (not exactly sure what kind of incest it is)

One-shots:
Together with my big Siter + ContinuationNSFW (quite nice, I recommend)

Secret Sweet NightNSFW

Request to Onee-chanNSFW

My Little Sister is too CuteNSFW

Our Future + side story (not very yuri-ish)

That one sister series

Beautiful Pain+Extra (recommend this one)

Blue line (recommend this one also, same mangaka of the above)

Angel Drop (very short)

Kakera

My Sister's LipsNSFW

Under the Rose (not very yuri-ish)

good job!!!!!

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

You know, I still haven't got a clue why people think this is a het ending. The two who supposedly got married didn't interact at all in the epilogue, and the build up literally on the pages prior was pretty much stating that the two sisters were getting together. Just, can anyone enlighten me as to why this is het? I just don't see it...

also, someone said somewhere that the author thought they had done a yuri manga didn't they? So where on earth does the het come from?

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 5:15AM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

You know, I still haven't got a clue why people think this is a het ending. The two who supposedly got married didn't interact at all in the epilogue, and the build up literally on the pages prior was pretty much stating that the two sisters were getting together. Just, can anyone enlighten me as to why this is het? I just don't see it...

Supposedly got married ? Who else could she have married ? Seeing how the guy got annoyed by the sisters kissing, I personally see it as she married the guy without it being a fake marriage of convenience and kept her special relationship with her sister. The two relationship are different and they are important to the big sis, so everyone adapted and they all had their "happy ending". Plus there was no statement of them getting together as in they are the only one for each other, just that they both ended happy because they stayed together.

So I do think it ended with het... actually, the fact that she married a guy is enough for thinks there is het. Note that there can be yuri and het together in a manga.

And if it is a marriage of convenience, I find it even worst.

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 6:12AM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Supposedly got married ? Who else could she have married ? Seeing how the guy got annoyed by the sisters kissing, I personally see it as she married the guy without it being a fake marriage of convenience and kept her special relationship with her sister. The two relationship are different and they are important to the big sis, so everyone adapted and they all had their "happy ending". Plus there was no statement of them getting together as in they are the only one for each other, just that they both ended happy because they stayed together.

So I do think it ended with het... actually, the fact that she married a guy is enough for thinks there is het. Note that there can be yuri and het together in a manga.

And if it is a marriage of convenience, I find it even worst.

I just took it as a gag. I mean, at that point it seemed more implausible for older sister to marry the guy than for the author to just go 'screw logic, I'll let these two get married'. I mean yeah, unlikely in the real world, but when I read it I thought it was lazy writing without thought for real consequences, for the sake of the happy end. I just couldn't see anything indicating she married the guy, he just seemed to be there for the wedding cameo.

I didn't mean stated, stated, just the way that the story lead into the final scene seemed to indicate completely towards the sister.

Maybe I shouldn't have gotten the yuri-eyes operation, because I still can't see the het.

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 12:52PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I didn't mean stated, stated, just the way that the story lead into the final scene seemed to indicate completely towards the sister.

"However...the world they shared didn't continue forever." "I wonder who got the happy ending." "With Ume-chan by my side, we both did."

All of the above dialogue points to their relationship ending, happily. After the time-skip Ume is dressed in a coat, outside visiting the grave of their goldfish (a signal to the past), clearly not a huge part of whatever proceedings are taking place inside the church.

Even if you discounted all of the above or interpreted those differently, it's very difficult to read this as an incestuous wedding given that they're in a church, there's no relevant approach of that topic in the chapter, and there's no discussion of Ume being "the groom (or bride)" that there ought to be when she kisses her sister in the final scene.

Of course, if it makes you happy to think of it as yuri, more power! Stories are all about interpretation, and if that interpretation makes you feel best, go for it.

Maybe I shouldn't have gotten the yuri-eyes operation, because I still can't see the het.

I've never known someone who passed up yuri goggles for the riskier option of having your vision permanently changed. Truly, you are a hero and an inspiration to us all..! begins weeping

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 12:26PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

"However...the world they shared didn't continue forever." "I wonder who got the happy ending." "With Ume-chan by my side, we both did."

All of the above dialogue points to their relationship ending, happily. After the time-skip Ume is dressed in a coat, outside visiting the grave of their goldfish (a signal to the past), clearly not a huge part of whatever proceedings are taking place inside the church.

Even if you discounted all of the above or interpreted those differently, it's very difficult to read this as an incestuous wedding given that they're in a church, there's no relevant approach of that topic in the chapter, and there's no discussion of Ume being "the groom (or bride)" that there ought to be when she kisses her sister in the final scene.

Of course, if it makes you happy to think of it as yuri, more power! Stories are all about interpretation, and if that interpretation makes you feel best, go for it.

Well, I guess I can kind of stretch and see the room thing as the relationship ending, but I thought of that as a metaphor for them keeping it secret, and a room for everyone was them being open about their relationship, with the author waving any further questions because the story was over and there had been enough angst. There's the distance at the doors, which could symbolise their separation, but then they're back together the next panel. So, you know, an always return to each other thing. I mean, it goes "who got the happy ending" and then they kiss. I mean, I just can't see het after that. The only hint that she was supposed to marry the dude was his shocked face, which I dismiss as proof because there is no contact between the guy and the older sister (note to self; relearn their names), just between the sisters.

The church bit is what I meant by lazy writing, just giving them a happy end without explaining it.

I thank you both for trying to explain, and though now I think I can see why people thought it was het, kinda, sorta, I suppose I'm just lucky and I don't see it that way, and while i realise I must be wrong, and I'm just not smart enough to see the het, if everyone else says it's het, I still find it odd that that's the conclusion people came to.

In the end my view is

• The story and the room for two thing is just summing up how they couldn't live in isolated bliss as time went on.
  • However, they still maintain their relationship despite this, as shown by them kissing right after mention of the happy ending.
  • This is followed my mention of them both having a happy ending, which meant to me that their happy ending must together. I can't think why else to place a kiss there.
  • I don't personally think a groom would exhaust his self when a wedding was going to start soon. You can see sweat. Not a great marital state I thought.
  • The photo at the end has the sisters touching, but not the groom.
  • Her being the happiest in the world if her sister was marrying the guy would make less sense than an actual incestuous marriage between sisters in Texas.
  • Maybe it was a sham marriage, maybe, I could just buy in a cynical mood, but given the prior, and the fact the guy doesn't exactly have the expression of someone just married (I'm given to believe comes later), I don't think my brain could possibly compute a het and not yuri actuality, even IF the marriage papers say otherwise. Not convinced by the if.

Perhaps it's like how the Ontological/Teleological/Cosmological/Moral arguments for God just assume God rather than prove it, in the sense my brain just fills in any gap with it, and even if there is a viable alternative. Why must God be the uncaused causer. Why not Aristotle's Prime Mover? The reason is, philosophers like Kant and Anselm couldn't conceive of an explanation other than God. So, I'm basically some crazed yuri cultist.

I realise this was a bit pointless, but hopefully my retarded thought process will convince someone to think along my lines, because the more yuri in the world, even if it is only falsely perceived, can only be good.

I've never known someone who passed up yuri goggles for the riskier option of having your vision permanently changed. Truly, you are a hero and an inspiration to us all..! begins weeping

It was a tough decision. My vision of the world is forever altered. I'm now even more immensely awkward whenever two+ girls are in the same room/screen/page/whatever, but by whatever deity you ascribe to (personally, I believe in a pantheon of yuri gods, I'm SURE that's unique), it was worth it. Your kind words only enforce this. I am proud to do this service to yuri.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

And that was WAAAAY too long.

Edit: Also, I think I forgot to ask why the last two quotes indicated the relationship ended. I assumed that if if they got their happy ending by each others side, that would mean they were together? The first was I think I mentioned my opinion on, and it's certainly questionable, but I didn't get what was so un-yuri about the others.

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 1:34PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Now I don't know what to think, I'm confused about the ending, is it yuri? not yuri? what is yuri?

It would be easier to try asking directly to Sukekoro if the older sister married that guy or not, but don't look like Sukekoro still uses his/her Twitter anymore, didn't find a pixiv account, I found Happy End on Amazon but I don't think it says anything useful there, we'll probably never know for sure...

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Now I don't know what to think, I'm confused about the ending, is it yuri? not yuri? what is yuri?

It would be easier to try asking directly to Sukekoro if the older sister married that guy or not, but don't look like Sukekoro still uses his/her Twitter anymore, didn't find a pixiv account, I found Happy End on Amazon but I don't think it says anything useful there, we'll probably never know for sure...

C'mon, believe in the yuri! one of... me! One of... me!

It doesn't work as well when you can't use plural. But as long as you're confused, surely best to believe in yuri, right?

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Maybe bi?whatever.
This filth was terrible from the very beginning anyway.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Hmmm... I don't know if it deserves the "bad end" tag. Maybe "bittersweet end" ? Natsuki marries that boy, but the sisters are still really close and Ume doesn't intend to actually give up her sister. And Natsuki still loves her sister to bits. In the final pic, the boy is the third wheel. So my head-canon tells me that when Natsuki has what she wants (a kid?), the boy is tossed away and the sisters live happily ever after in yuri paradise :3

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Hmmm... I don't know if it deserves the "bad end" tag. Maybe "bittersweet end" ? Natsuki marries that boy, but the sisters are still really close and Ume doesn't intend to actually give up her sister. And Natsuki still loves her sister to bits. In the final pic, the boy is the third wheel. So my head-canon tells me that when Natsuki has what she wants (a kid?), the boy is tossed away and the sisters live happily ever after in yuri paradise :3

The kid is their new brother if i'm not wrong, the mother was pregnant .

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The kid is their new brother if i'm not wrong, the mother was pregnant .

I know. But when her mother announces she's pregnant, the most thrilled is Natsuki. I wouldn't be surprised that'd she'd want one too.

To reply you must either login or sign up.