Forum › The Boy Who Wanted to Be a Witch. discussion

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

Chii's artwork is always great to look at and the story is quite good as well

last edited at Nov 4, 2022 10:32AM

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

I want this as a hardback book to read with my kids, this is so freaking cute D:

joined Aug 22, 2022

This looks like a kids story book. I'm a librarian, and we actually do have trans-positive kids books like this.

Absolutely adorable though. I really love all the trans manga coming on here recently.

Youve actually got me curious, could u name some trans-positive kids books ?

How young of a target audience?

I’ve not read many, because I’m 40, and my (step)daughter hasn’t needed one since she was 4.*

There are a couple autobiographical ones out there, I’ve seen some other ones around…
I snagged a physical copy of “Magical Boy” by The Kao. Targeted at early teens+, but I wanted to support something like that getting published by Scholastic.

*She grasped the concept pretty quick. Just had to explain the idea of *phobia occasionally, because she’s gay, has two moms, one trans, and multiple friends she has are queer. Every time she’s been like “what’s wrong with some people…?”

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

I liked it. Kind of makes me wish I had seen something like it when I was a kid.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

This is sooooo fucking cute. Omg i love this..

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Extremely wholesome. The sister was the MVP of this story.

9d94c4a9-d46e-49f0-a68e-0a44d27fedb6
joined Oct 22, 2021

D’aww

Are we sure this isn’t actually intended to be published as a children’s book?

0510cfb388afecaf716098bfe073ab98
joined Feb 3, 2013

Library worker recommendation: The Witch Boy by Molly Ostertag (wife of ND Stevenson who is non-binary and ran the Netflix She-ra, which I also recommend, and who started the Lumberjane graphic novels.)

A8579f88-3796-4c80-9233-af508afff917
joined Jul 27, 2019

This is just wonderful.

georgeoswalddannyson
joined Aug 21, 2019

so fucking cute

Screenshot_7
joined Aug 22, 2014

Lovely

Pfp2%20(3)
joined Apr 26, 2022

very good very wholesome, need the rest of the story

joined Nov 6, 2022

This looks like a kids story book. I'm a librarian, and we actually do have trans-positive kids books like this.

Absolutely adorable though. I really love all the trans manga coming on here recently.

Youve actually got me curious, could u name some trans-positive kids books ?

Sorry if this is a bit late. I am transgender and one of the best trans positive children's books that I have encountered is by Michael Hall called Red: A Crayon's Story
My therapist read it to me in one of our sessions and I could not stop crying for days. Whilst it is specifically for young children I still highly recommend it to anyone who is transgender, has transgender chlidren or knows someone who is struggling with their gender identity of any age really

last edited at Nov 6, 2022 1:45AM

Y5
joined Jul 23, 2020

if this was a kid storybook, i would love it as a kid. it's wholesome and beautiful.

To reply you must either login or sign up.