Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Novel) discussion

joined Sep 23, 2019

The ending of this completely killed all the love I had for this story. What a complete betrayal by the author. We get nothing but angst for 80% of this crap and then a few glimpses of happiness with no kisses no mutual love, nothing and then the end…. Bro f this messed up story.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The ending of this completely killed all the love I had for this story. What a complete betrayal by the author. We get nothing but angst for 80% of this crap and then a few glimpses of happiness with no kisses no mutual love, nothing and then the end…. Bro f this messed up story.

What are you even talking about? o_O

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Are you sure you clicked on the correct thread?

joined Sep 23, 2019

Yes, have you finished it. What happens to Shimamura at the end. It’s twisted.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Are you high? And the series isn't even over yet. As you would know if you had actually read it to the current "end" since the author specifically mentions in the afterword that he has currently plans for 12 volumes.

last edited at Jul 10, 2022 1:36PM

joined Sep 23, 2019

Are you high? And the series isn't even over yet. As you would know if you had actually read it to the current "end" since the author specifically mentions in the afterword that he has currently plans for 12 volumes.

Yes she’s going to do 2 more about either the new Adachi and Shima in the waste land or more vignettes into their lives as adults. Either way the stupid alien said there’s no coming back from death and she won’t see her again. So we either get the vignettes knowing the true ending or we get 2 different girls in a parallel universe in a waste land.

Either way, sucks

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Yes she’s going to do 2 more about either the new Adachi and Shima in the waste land or more vignettes into their lives as adults. Either way the stupid alien said there’s no coming back from death and she won’t see her again. So we either get the vignettes knowing the true ending or we get 2 different girls in a parallel universe in a waste land.

Either way, sucks

I know it's been a while i read this but i don't remember that moment where one of them die.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I know it's been a while i read this but i don't remember that moment where one of them die.

Anime special 4. Which for some people apparently seems to mean that nothing else can possibly happen in the actual novels before they eventually reach that point despite this being published before volume 10 where, surprise surprise, progress is still being made... >_>

Not only that, but the special very much confirms the two spent a long happy life together... (Not even going to comment on the insanity of expecting the series itself cover the special-only girls instead of the actual Adachi and Shimamura after volume 10...)

last edited at Jul 10, 2022 3:05PM

joined Sep 23, 2019

Either way, sucks

Last chapter before the redo, Shima is alone in her flat cause all her family is dead including Adachi. She’s 70 and that stupid alien is there telling her some universe crap about parallels and you find out Shima is gonna pass soon too. That poof that’s it. The alien girl is like well you can’t see a dead person again.

Anime special novel 4. It messes it all up. Basically paints Shima as this neglecting girlfriend her whole life.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Basically paints Shima as this neglecting girlfriend her whole life.

So what you're saying is that Shima is a neglecting girlfriend because she failed to die at the same time as Adachi? You must have truly hated this story, then...

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

So what you're saying is that Shima is a neglecting girlfriend because she failed to die at the same time as Adachi? You must have truly hated this story, then...

Wait so someone ismad because they will eventually end up dying of old age ? Like normal humans ? Being gay doesn't give you immortality you know. Is it strange to write about the future where your characters are old or dead ? Yes but if you think about it, it's just the natural order.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

So? The Anime Special 4 reveals Shima at old age with Adachi dead? The story isn't over yet, Volume 10 has, as far as this site's uploads go, barely begun yet, and such a distant future probably won't be covered, and the even more distant future of AdaShima's reincarnations also won't be covered. The remaining main volumes are gonna cover the high-school girl MCs and the people around them that we know and love. I would've added more points, but Lilli and luinthoron have covered most of the bases already, so it'd just be beating a dead horse.

last edited at Jul 10, 2022 4:31PM

joined Sep 23, 2019

You totally missed the point, we never really get any relationship development in fact in the point when they are growing up and living together Shima only ever slightly smiles. For 10 books it feels like Shima is just in a daydream and Adachi Is in a one-sided relationship and then after all the buildup at the hot spring we get vignettes of them living together at sped up ages with one left alive suffering, we get an incomplete story and a girlfriend regretting not being a good enough girlfriend etc.

For 10 bucks we don’t even get a kiss we get a sentence that implies that they’ve kissed before maybe only once and still Shima acting like she’s only half conscious. We get nothing we don’t even get a wedding the ending feels rushed and it leaves the reader feeling emotionally manipulated. I enjoyed these books until the last chapter which just felt completely alien to the rest of the story.

joined Sep 23, 2019

Wait so someone ismad because they will eventually end up dying of old age ? Like normal humans ? Being gay doesn't give you immortality you know. Is it strange to write about the future where your characters are old or dead ? Yes but if you think about it, it's just the natural order.

No I’m mad because the book weighs 10 separate books building up to something that it never gives the reader, we never get a wedding we never get a kiss and we never get any chapters related to their life as adults except one visit to San Francisco and a failed attempt at one of the characters trying very hard to have a lovey-dovey chance in a hot spring as adults With barely a hint that anything takes place which is weird their relationship feels more platonic and one-sided all the way till the end. I get it people die but in this case the reader just gets emotionally manipulated. I read this all the way to the end hoping for some good closure some thing that showed that they were truly in a relationship like I’m a lesbian and I’m trying to figure out what the fuck happened here

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

We get nothing we don’t even get a wedding the ending feels rushed and it leaves the reader feeling emotionally manipulated. I enjoyed these books until the last chapter which just felt completely alien to the rest of the story.

Your preknowledge of the contents of volumes 11 and 12 is amazing.

joined Sep 23, 2019

We get nothing we don’t even get a wedding the ending feels rushed and it leaves the reader feeling emotionally manipulated. I enjoyed these books until the last chapter which just felt completely alien to the rest of the story.

Your preknowledge of the contents of volumes 11 and 12 is amazing.

11 and 12 aren’t out. And the ending suggests we get Shima and Adachi in an alternative reality in a wasteland… fun.. the alien told shima before she dies that you can’t meet Adachi again cause she’s dead basically saying well there’s no after life you just die here and there is another Adachi and Shima somewhere else looking for each other. So either all of that’s a bad dream and she wakes up from 2 nightmares and it’s just a cold sweat and Adachis in bed next to her, or we just get 2 completely different characters on another world.. great so we get the adashima story we already read… in a wasteland? I dunno man. At that point just write a new story cause it’s not the same characters.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I give up... There's no arguing with someone who just doesn't understand that a side story written about events long after the series proper does in no way mean that the full series won't get any new developments (like the entirety of volume 10 published after the anime extras). Hell, the novel itself has in some of the latest volumes jumped back and forth between adult AdaShima and their time in school without this somehow being a problem...

joined Aug 10, 2021

When are we expecting updates?

AutumnWaterXIII
joined May 29, 2022

I should’ve realized the LN was on here too~ I was so bummed out cuz volume 9 was missing chapters on lilymanga

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I should’ve realized the LN was on here too~ I was so bummed out cuz volume 9 was missing chapters on lilymanga

Sadly still missing most of volume 10 here, though, even though the translation is already long finished...

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Wow, time sure flies. It's already been a year since adashima hit me last summer. I still remember quite vividly the emotional storm from devouring the volumes one after another.
Speaking of which, any news on volume 11? I wonder if there's any chance for it to pop up this fall? So far I had no notifications from book walker... but one always hopes...
Quite sad, volume 10 is not completely uploaded here yet.

joined Aug 10, 2021

How many chapters left? I wanna read it so bad....

last edited at Oct 20, 2022 12:35PM

Aweida_compressed
joined Oct 17, 2020

^^Volume 11 will be released this December if I'm not mistaken.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

^^Volume 11 will be released this December if I'm not mistaken.

thank you for the great news!

Screenshot_20220812-201614_chrome
joined Aug 6, 2022

11 is out on december 9th. cant wait to read it

To reply you must either login or sign up.