Forum › Vampire Kiss discussion

79769fb62fb8crop
joined Dec 7, 2014

Very cute. I wouldn't mind a grown up Remilia.

This seems more like Remilia x Sakuya than Meiling x Sakuya though.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

sorry im too used to tagging Karaagetarou with Meiling x Sakuya

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

sorry im too used to tagging Karaagetarou with Meiling x Sakuya

You got me all excited over nothing ;_;

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

Ah, and here I thought Sakuya was going to use her power to fast forward Remilia to adulthood. Damn.

I really never was a fan of Karaagetarou, I'll admit. The art style is kind of ridiculous, and it's not particularly funny or cute, either...

Is that just me, then?

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Maybe. I adore everything about Karaage. I'd put them in my top 10 Touhou artists..

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Karaage is one of my favorite artists too. Their art is just so expressive and colorful and cute! Each to their own, I guess.

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

awesome as always. some patchy magic added in would have been great too though lol

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Ah, and here I thought Sakuya was going to use her power to fast forward Remilia to adulthood. Damn.

I really never was a fan of Karaagetarou, I'll admit. The art style is kind of ridiculous, and it's not particularly funny or cute, either...

Is that just me, then?

I'm not all that taken with it mostly, but it's okay.

HOWEVER, it's used to great effect here, and quite good here as well.

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

Is that just me, then?

I'm not all that taken with it mostly, but it's okay.

HOWEVER, it's used to great effect here, and quite good here as well.

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about those two. Yeah, I think they work because they read and look like the old classic childrens books, only for Touhou. It's a very unique style, and and the minimilist plot and text play to it's strengths, but I think that when applied to the usual fare it comes off as kind of lazy, given the general quality we expect from established circles. (Then again, it's also in color, so there's that?)

Eh, I'll just chalk it up to 'weird tastes are weird' and shrug nonchalantly.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about those two. Yeah, I think they work because they read and look like the old classic childrens books, only for Touhou. It's a very unique style, and and the minimilist plot and text play to it's strengths, but I think that when applied to the usual fare it comes off as kind of lazy, given the general quality we expect from established circles. (Then again, it's also in color, so there's that?)

I definitely would not call it lazy or poor quality. It's neither of those things. There's a lot that goes into that art, even if it's not my favourite style personally. I have to respect that. Plus, the writing is very good even if people freak the fuck out a bit more often than I usually prefer.

Screen%20shot%202018-04-15%20at%2012.25.03%20am
joined Mar 29, 2015

I just realized that on the 5th page, Remillia is looking into a mirror. Shouldn't that technically be impossible for a vampire?

9vumhg0
joined Jul 3, 2018

I just realized that on the 5th page, Remillia is looking into a mirror. Shouldn't that technically be impossible for a vampire?

Every media seems to portray vampires slightly differently, depending on which rules they decide to include. I don't think canon Touhou has firmly established which ones it goes by, except for the Sun and Running Water weakness as well as hinting that Beans affect vampires similarly to Oni.

Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021

Honestly thought they were going to skip all the dressing up part for a more comedic style reaction towards Remilia's look. Glad they followed up with the dressing up process between Remilia and Sakuya, that was wholesome as heck!

I definitely would not call it lazy or poor quality. It's neither of those things. There's a lot that goes into that art, even if it's not my favourite style personally. I have to respect that. Plus, the writing is very good even if people freak the fuck out a bit more often than I usually prefer.

I know this is a bit late but I would also agree that the way the artist draws these works is much like how children's books are like. They are colorful and use more round shapes instead of the traditional sharp edges in many other Touhou works. This, I’d say, is to show a more friendly and peaceful perspective of the characters, making it seem like a fairy tale where the side of serenity is being presented.

At the same the way that the artist makes the scenery much less detailed than the characters is to put emphasis is to be on them instead of the environment. You are brought into the mind of each character which can show more about how they see the world around them as compared to what it actually is. Coupled with the tone being rather tranquil, it makes for a story that is rather soothing.

Of course enjoying these kinds of stories does require the reader to be in a certain kind of headspace, as most stories would need, in this case it is to be calm and composed. Having adrenaline and hype would definitely make the story seem slow and boring. Nonetheless it is a great read for whenever you feel tired or relaxed.

This is also a good one by the author: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/im_worried_about_her

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

ohhh my god this is such a good dynamic... idk what else to say except Touhou is full of characters where you can really make wonderful things happen between them and Karaagetarou is amazing at doing that

To reply you must either login or sign up.