Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Novel) discussion

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

I reallyyyyyyyy want to read this but I just can't bro lol I'm gonna wait till the whole volume is out my heart couldn't take the wait.

I'm spoiling myself a bit but well I'm the type to get hyped about spoilers really.

I am quite sad thinking we're around endgame though .... I really wanted to see them move in together and live like that for a while ... Author said he wanted to end this in volume 12 so ..... Damn this is my favorite Yuri and just overall favorite romance tbh, the way we really got to know Adachi and Shimamura is unlike anything else I've read.

Looking forward to their kiss, we already saw their first time on the specials sure but lol well that was more of a tease.

Also looking forward to the one food Adachi actually likes Shimamura mentioned in the special.

joined Dec 17, 2021

Adachi strikes this balance between being relatable cringe (the second hand embarrasement made it difficult to read some chapters in a steady way), while also being admirable in how she keeps reaching out and getting (most of the time) good results with Shimamura. It's like that Simpson's joke but instead of "pulling a Homer" she's always pulling an Adachi.

I think Adachi has the best encounters, like with all the girls she didn't fall in love with and that crazy fortune teller, but Shimamura's POV is the one I find more interesting for how she talks her way out of recognizing Adachi's feelings, into recognize them and accepting them, while simultaneously not being fully aware of how into Adachi she actually is.

I did get tired of Hino and Nagafuji, and Shou in like volume 4 or 5, so I didn't bother to read any more of their extra chapters from that point on, though strangely I didn't mind Yashiro in the anime extra novels. Maybe someday I'll go back to reading those parts I skipped.

Now I want to read it again.

last edited at Feb 22, 2022 10:41PM

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

? So what's going on with the translation .....

Volumes 6 and 8 have been the peak, I doubt anything will be as good as vol 8 but well I'm hopeful.

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

Kinda pissed that I got spoiled on the latest chapter >:(
@that_one and @ClariLucky are meanies that should consider hiding spoilers imo ò_ó

Bro wtf are you doing reading this discussions then ? Like we're here to discuss the series as it goes .....

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

Adachi strikes this balance between being relatable cringe (the second hand embarrasement made it difficult to read some chapters in a steady way), while also being admirable in how she keeps reaching out and getting (most of the time) good results with Shimamura. It's like that Simpson's joke but instead of "pulling a Homer" she's always pulling an Adachi.

I think Adachi has the best encounters, like with all the girls she didn't fall in love with and that crazy fortune teller, but Shimamura's POV is the one I find more interesting for how she talks her way out of recognizing Adachi's feelings, into recognize them and accepting them, while simultaneously not being fully aware of how into Adachi she actually is.

I did get tired of Hino and Nagafuji, and Shou in like volume 4 or 5, so I didn't bother to read any more of their extra chapters from that point on, though strangely I didn't mind Yashiro in the anime extra novels. Maybe someday I'll go back to reading those parts I skipped.

Now I want to read it again.

Lol relatable cringe is a nice way to put it, but we'll I feel Adachi has the perfect balance of people wanting to cheer her on cuz even if she's a bit cringe and over the top we all see it comes from her inexperience of talking with others and she really doesn't know what she's doing but she still goes all out trying which makes it very wholesome even when she's doing crazy things, you can't help but want to give her a hug and talk things out with her lol, she's someone that could have been a very annoying character but the author really nailed her personality and struggles.

And yeah thankfully Shimamura is perfect for Adachi and she finds how she is very fresh, Shima really thinks people don't really have good intentions and are just full of boring things she doesn't want anything to deal with (and seems scared to form an actual relationship) but she finds how Adachi is pure and trying her best for her adorable and wants to keep seeing her.

It's definitely a ride seeing Shima change, she definitely was stuck in a rut she dug herself and didn't want to get out of cuz it was really comfortable for her, still Adachi's unending enthusiasm for her made her acknowledge that she really would be okay with a relationship, I do like how she wondered if she could take on the difficulties that a lesbian relationship would bring and how others would look at her and if Adachi next to her would be enough and was worried her love wasn't to the same extent as Adachi's but that one moment in the fog when she just wanted to be next to her made her realize that yes, she does love Adachi just as much (and her realizing not everyone would be prejudiced against them thx to her talk with pancho, which also helped her realize she might have always been into girls and looking at their assests lol).

Adachi's talks with the fortune teller are some of my favorites too cuz aside from Shima it really seems like she's the person shes trusted the most, even more then her mom really, lol and the fortune teller was also the one that has helped her the most being the only person aside from Shima being able to get her to talk to her and give her good advice, I still wonder of that fortune teller does have real powers too somehow cuz she always seems to know too much, and we'll aside from those 2 Adachi hasn't really seemed to care about anyone else at all, I kinda wish we get to see her talk to someone else but I doubt it.

Hino and Nagafuji .... Yeah they're there and I read their parts cuz I just don't like skipping but yeah it's definitely not as interesting though I am a little invested how it'll end, the part about the mom and her maid was kinda weird (poor maid, must be tough seeing the person you loved getting railed and having child after child, and Hino's !om doesn't look the type to play with her maids lol,) but it did show Hino that the moms "you're not needed" or whatever wasn't said in bad faith and it means she has her freedom, guess mom knows ? Welp keeping Yuri manga and all .... Welp hopefully they get a resolution at least cuz they're featured pretty heavily to leave us hanging.

Shou and Yashiro ... Well better then hino and Nagafuji at least cuz they don't take so much time and usually are there to make Adachi and Shima seems sweeter, though the time Yashiro snuck with Shima on the trip was too much.

Lol I feel you bro whenever I want to read a good romance I always want to just reread this, I just start from vol 6 cuz that's where it changes from great to amazing.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

[...] but it did show Hino that the moms "you're not needed" or whatever wasn't said in bad faith and it means she has her freedom, guess mom knows ?

That was her father and his utter inability to properly express himself, I remember commenting about that here as well.

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

[...] but it did show Hino that the moms "you're not needed" or whatever wasn't said in bad faith and it means she has her freedom, guess mom knows ?

That was her father and his utter inability to properly express himself, I remember commenting about that here as well.

Both the mom and dad say it.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Yay, two more chapters are available on @sneikkimies github! Not sure if it's okay to post further without black bars as the chapters haven't been published here yet. So IN CASE YOU DON'T WANNA GET SPOILED, DON'T READ BELOW!

Oh what a cute, heart-melting chapter! Certainly needed the tranquil happiness that Shimamura's character always brings - such a perfect read for a Sunday evening.
It is of course a bit annoying that we are robbed of intimate, physical contact between the two which would have definitely taken place in the described situations, had it been reality. And all that is just because we haven't read about their first times yet. Yeah, I know it's also not the point - it's that everyday happiness that was the point to convey to us, a different sort of intimacy. And yet the lack of physical one, or rather a severe underdevelopment thereof, made the chapter a tad bit less realistic and enjoyable. Unlike the earlier volumes (yes, I'm purposefully blind for Yashiro in terms of realism as it's a different kind of realism, so, yeah, not the point).
Anyway, enough with my complaints. It was still such a sweet read. Hope Nagafuji and Hino will get their closure soon too. I remember I skipped their story completely on the first run through the story. And now I'm not even sure if I'm more hyped for their development than reading about the main chars.
Huge hugs to the translator - to be able to read something so warm and cosy in these troublesome times was so needed.

last edited at Mar 21, 2022 8:30AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Yay, two more chapters are available on @sneikkimies github! Not sure if it's okay to post further without black bars as the chapters haven't been published here yet. So IN CASE YOU DON'T WANNA GET SPOILED, DON'T READ BELOW!

Thanks for the notice. And better spoiler your spoilers indeed.

Sad to see that the extra bit from Iruma's blog has disappeared in the site update, though...

last edited at Mar 21, 2022 7:51AM

joined Mar 28, 2014

Thanks for the notice. And better spoiler your spoilers indeed.

Fixed, sorry! Enjoy the read though))

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Just pure happiness. ^_^

last edited at Apr 29, 2023 5:36AM

joined Mar 28, 2014

Just pure happiness. ^_^

I know right!!))))

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, had enough of the lack of updates here and converted the missing chapters into PNG from the PDF version myself. Upload request sent, hopefully it won't be a problem if it's not sneikkimies' own PNG version and it'll help to get things up to date over here as well.

Img_20190914_203449_543
joined Apr 14, 2020

Hey can someone tell me which volume after the anime? I want to read it

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Hey can someone tell me which volume after the anime? I want to read it

To quote myself from the last time someone asked:

Volume 5, although I would still recommend reading from the start, there's still a lot of additional detail even the anime can't convey.

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

Ohhh I'm glad some new chapters finally dropped if been real sad this had been dead for a long while, last chapters were updated in October damn 6 months ago ? Welp more like 5 but still .... Thx

joined Mar 28, 2014

Well, had enough of the lack of updates here and converted the missing chapters into PNG from the PDF version myself. Upload request sent, hopefully it won't be a problem if it's not sneikkimies' own PNG version and it'll help to get things up to date over here as well.

ohh! well done! I sure hopes this gets approved!

Ohhh I'm glad some new chapters finally dropped if been real sad this had been dead for a long while, last chapters were updated in October damn 6 months ago ? Welp more like 5 but still .... Thx

yeah... this novel together with another manga (crescent moon and donuts) are my current two motivators to learn Japanese, lol

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

Welp there's quite a bit of Yuri novels and visual novels and manga that seem very unlikely to get translated that really make me want to learn Japanese too lol.

Man crescent moon and doughnuts is one i was really excited about but the translations just died ... The mc is so interesting, her type is one that's quite interesting someone that tried to date men but never really felt anything but really wants to fall in love and seeing her finally get that feeling with a woman and being confused but slowly accepting it .... Yeah I really want more chaps from that lol.

Hey I really gotta say the cover for volume 10 is probably my favorite till now, seeing Shima and Adachi holding hands and looking like a couple is just so cute and earned, like they've looked pretty close on other covers but this one just feels right, new illustrator did such a great job portraying them as a couple, they feel close.

Especially wholesome cuz Shimamura looks so comfortable now being close to Adachi, it's especially touching cuz this is the volume where Shima seems to have really accepted her love for Adachi and is comfortable with it after coming to terms with it in volume 8 and the awkwardness in 9 and welp just her firmness with Tarumi and making things clear and all.

Though volume 6 is a close second I really am a filthy Yukata lover and they look so happy in that volume cover lol they just look so happy and close in that cover, I could feel things were gonna finally go forward in that volume.

joined May 8, 2022

Well, Volume 10 has finally been fully translated, i have to admit i teared up during their valentine's day date just thinking about how much Shimamura has grown, it's amazing to see her so happy and leading the way

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

^Thanks for the notice, although the spoilers should still be in spoiler tags.

joined Mar 28, 2014

Shimamura Hougetsu, you are such a dork! Hahahaha
Honestly that was such a good read.
So two more volumes, huh? I need them now!

Shima-mama surely figured it out already, didn't she?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

So two more volumes, huh? I need them now!

Current plans, anyway. Could always decide for more.

Shima-mama surely figured it out already, didn't she?

Pretty sure she's known for quite a while. I definitely see this as a big part of why she invited Adachi-mama on Christmas.

last edited at Apr 29, 2023 5:37AM

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

Wohooooo volume 10 finally completed hu ? What nice news, I needed some happiness in my life atm lol.

Yeah I also think that Shima's mom had already known about them, I think since the festival really.

Man we are here to discuss the latest parts of the novels no ? Why do people start bitching about spoilers?

Just two volumes left ..... Sigh like I get it really we've reached a nice point with their relationship, Shima is growing a lot more comfortable with her sexuality and loving Adachi, Adachi has accepted herself and how she really do just needs Shima and how much she loves her and their relationship is pretty good now and withing 2 volumes I guess we'll get a nice conclusion to them and welp the real conclusion is the special volume really, idk how that was a special lol its truly the end of the series we get to see their life together as adults, a bit on them after they've graduated but before they move in together (and author teases us about Nagafuji and Hino relationship I do hope they end up together too), their first time (I wanted this one on the main novel ....), and like God damn both their deaths, and how the little alien jeeps bringing them together and how it seems their souls are destined to end up together, tbh I don't much like alien girl but that part was quite great

Like really thar special anime volume is super important lol.

Still idk if the author will do another Yuri or he'll go back to writing more weird alien stuff ..... A new Yuri would be nice really lol.

5%20(1)~2
joined Dec 13, 2019

I've been slowly reading this thru the year, and im really thankful for this TL c:
Im just wondering tho, why arent the other chapters uploaded here to dynasty yet?

last edited at Jun 28, 2022 9:18PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I've been slowly reading this thru the year, and im really thankful for this TL c:
Im just wondering tho, why arent the other chapters uploaded here to dynasty yet?

I even converted some of them for uploading here at one point, but no luck with the request... Haven't bothered doing it for the latest updates yet after that.

Which reminds me, the blog extra with the fun questions and answers has returned to Sneikkimies' site, along with two more shorts added.

To reply you must either login or sign up.