Forum › Yuri Kuma Arashi discussion

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

I'm sorry but can someone explain this clusterfuck of randomness to me. There is just too much to try to understand here. So here are 3 of the most confusing things I need answered:

I watched up to episode three and I don't know how to set up the SPOILERS highlight, so sorry if there is a SPOILERS in my question

1) Sumika was eaten by the the 2 bear girls and Yurizono discovered them eating her body. Why did Yurizono claim she ate sumika?
2) When Tsubaki is battling bears on the roof and she gets hit, she is seen falling. Why is it that every episode she somehow still on the roof. Wouldn't the falling represent that lost the battle?
3) What is with the room of judgement? Why does it only judge the two bears and none of the others in battle?

last edited at Jan 25, 2015 12:25PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I watched up to episode three and I don't know how to set up the SPOILERS highlight, so sorry if there is a SPOILERS in my question

To mark a spoiler, you add == before and after the part you want blacked out. I'm going to edit your post, so you can hit quote to see how I did it.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

1) Sumika was eaten by the the 2 bear girls and Yurizono discovered them eating her body. Why did Yurizono claim she ate sumika?

Because Yurizono ate and killed Sumika first, in the morning. This is why she was cautious around the flower bed in the evening and heard Ginko and Ruru eating the leftovers.

2) When Tsubaki is battling bears on the roof and she gets hit, she is seen falling. Why is it that every episode she somehow still on the roof. Wouldn't the falling represent that lost the battle?
3) What is with the room of judgement? Why does it only judge the two bears and none of the others in battle?

She's not LITERALLY falling from the roof. The court metaphorically takes place in her head, her thoughts - she has her emotions fighting her logic about accepting her sexuality. And every time she herself approves yuri, because she's a lesbian. But her yuri is still platonic and closeted. It begins to change after Ginko has appeared in her life and started seducing her - she has learned the first taste of sex. This is when her house started to get broken - with the window by the bears. This is when she learned to shoot and defend herself. Coming out - the invisible storm - is coming, and her sexuality is not very welcome. Just like bears killing humans, following their instincts, Kureha learns about the sin of murdering in the episode 3.

ADD:
Discussing the anime shouldn't be spoiling since the anime and the manga have different stories. Only the setting and the premises are the same. But if those are considered spoilers then I don't see a point in discussing it here at all and would rather ask for a separate topic then.

last edited at Jan 25, 2015 1:05PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Discussing the anime shouldn't be spoiling since the anime and the manga have different stories. Only the setting and the premises are the same. But if those are considered spoilers then I don't see a point in discussing it here at all and would rather ask for a separate topic then.

I'm still going to consider plot points from later episodes of the anime or manga to be spoilers. You are, of course, welcome to start an anime-oriented topic for that stuff. I have no issue with that.

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

Sorry and thank you

joined Jul 8, 2013

Despite the anime being so strange. I can't wait for the next episode because they might come out with a real plot that we understand. I was pretty pissed for a good 10 min about how I didn't understand the plot and not being the same as the Manga. Either way I realized that the Anime still has so many episodes to go and we'll probably get a better plot if we pay attention to the little metaphors and details. Can I say this reminded me of madoka magica and "ME! ME! ME! "?
Also now growl and shock will be my new thing to shout at school tomorrow.

That is literally the only reason I'm sticking with the anime too (well that and because it goes against my principles to drop a yuri series lol). Right now, I really fucking hate it. So much. Especially this last ep, not only did it kind of negate what little character development we had on Lulu, but it also made it seem like REPEATED ATTEMPTED MURDER OF AN ADORABLE YOUNGER BROTHER WHO DID LESS THAN NOTHING WRONG is totes okay as long as you feel bad about it. And bullshit like that enrages me to no end. Regret does not make horrible crimes okay. Why some animes seem to think that is the case will never cease to piss me off.
But yeah, back to my original point, I'm sticking with this anime because I have some slight hope that AT SOME POINT this series will stop enraging me and just do something, ANYTHING, that I actually like. I mean, LITERALLY ANYTHING. A SINGLE SECOND OF SOMETHING I LIKE. So far the best thing this series has had going for it is "KUMA SHOCK" and that got old halfway through the second episode.
I recently realized why my hatred for this show instills so much rage in me, when, were it any other series, would just be like "Yeah, whatever, I don't care for it. Its because when they announced this series, in my head, I kind of made it, like, the savior of yuri animes. Like this was FINALLY the yuri anime, that was ACTUALLY gonna be great, and FINALLY encourage people to make more yuri animes. Like how could it possibly be bad, I thought to myself. Morishima is a part of it and she's a super well known and beloved yuri mangaka, right? So how could it be bad? Then the first episode got released and I....I just....a small part of my soul just...died...like shriveled up and spontaneously combusted right there in my chest...I'm not sure I've ever been this spiteful towards something in my entire life.

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

That is literally the only reason I'm sticking with the anime too (well that and because it goes against my principles to drop a yuri series lol). Right now, I really fucking hate it. So much. Especially this last ep, not only did it kind of negate what little character development we had on Lulu, but it also made it seem like REPEATED ATTEMPTED MURDER OF AN ADORABLE YOUNGER BROTHER WHO DID LESS THAN NOTHING WRONG is totes okay as long as you feel bad about it. And bullshit like that enrages me to no end. Regret does not make horrible crimes okay. Why some animes seem to think that is the case will never cease to piss me off.

I'm honestly baffled that this is how you saw the episode. If you want to even attempt to find any enjoyment in this show, you probably should stop taking everything that happens at face value. Otherwise, might as well just save yourself the trouble and drop it.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Honestly, if the show enrages you so much, you should stop watching it since it's obvious you're not enjoying it. Unless you get enjoyment from being full of rage and high blood pressure and stress lol.

joined Jul 8, 2013

I'm honestly baffled that this is how you saw the episode. If you want to even attempt to find any enjoyment in this show, you probably should stop taking everything that happens at face value. Otherwise, might as well just save yourself the trouble and drop it.

I already know that this series is just FULL of symbolism, but what I don't understand is why that is supposed to make it any better? Yes, that's cool, everything actually means something else. Incredible. If only I found that entertaining. Also, I'm just really struggling to find anything to like in these main characters. So far they have been completely and utterly unlikable (besides the judges, sexy, cool, and beauty whom i find absolutely hilarious, and I will give the series props for that). The only main character that I don't dislike (Lulu) or just plain feel intense indifference (Kureha) towards is Ginko because she hasn't even actually done anything yet. At all.
And I'm still watching this series, because FOR SOME FUCKING REASONS I have hope it'll get better towards the end. I have no idea why. Maybe its because Morishima is involved in it, I don't know. I've already shattered my three episode episode rule, but I have hope. Besides, I really have no life (THANKS COLLEGE!) so I have nothing else to do with my time besides rage at this point lol.
I really do think that my severe, severe saltiness at how badly this series crushed my expectations of it as a yuri anime are affecting, slightly, how I feel about it. Because lets face it, there's no way this anime is gonna be successful enough to get a repeat performance. There aren't enough people capable of seeing past the sheer fuckery to the symbolism, much less enough people who would actually like that kind of thing for this series to be particularly successful. My hope for the savior of yuri animes has been crushed....I wanna "lol" but...I'm just so sad...lol

last edited at Jan 27, 2015 1:39AM

joined Jul 8, 2013

Honestly, if the show enrages you so much, you should stop watching it since it's obvious you're not enjoying it. Unless you get enjoyment from being full of rage and high blood pressure and stress lol.

I'm honestly not even sure why I'm still watching at this point lol. Maybe its cuz we really don't know ANYTHING AT ALL WHATSOEVER about Ginko yet. But for some reason, I am pulling hope out of my ass. Hope that I did not even know I was still capable of feeling. Also, cuz I have nothing better to do with my time than to watch a yuri anime lol.

joined Jul 2, 2013

snip

I'm not talking about lel symbolism. Yes, it's part of it, but what I'm referring to is more in-line with how the story is presented. Dream-like sequences with excessive flasback scenes and overdramatic voice acting along with badly dressed theatric costumes. Half of the things you see happening aren't really physically happening, so it's only logical for me to question why you're taking everything at face value.

As for the characters, I personally am finding them more likable with every passing episode (more specifically Ginko and Lulu).

Everything in this paragraph will be extras, the for your information kind. Morishima Akiko really has nothing to do with the anime version of YKA. If you like her work, cut your expectations or wait for the manga scanlations. Ikuhara might be using it to tell his story, but at the core of it all, this is not a yuri anime. At least, not the kind you seem to be looking for. As for sales, that is the last thing Ikuhara is looking for. This is, afterall, his third series in 20 years. He's merely using this as a medium to say whatever the hell he wants to.

Also, the caps really does nothing for you.

joined Jul 8, 2013

snip

I'm not talking about lel symbolism. Yes, it's part of it, but what I'm referring to is more in-line with how the story is presented. Dream-like sequences with excessive flasback scenes and overdramatic voice acting along with badly dressed theatric costumes. Half of the things you see happening aren't really physically happening, so it's only logical for me to question why you're taking everything at face value.

As for the characters, I personally am finding them more likable with every passing episode (more specifically Ginko and Lulu).

Everything in this paragraph will be extras, the for your information kind. Morishima Akiko really has nothing to do with the anime version of YKA. If you like her work, cut your expectations or wait for the manga scanlations. Ikuhara might be using it to tell his story, but at the core of it all, this is not a yuri anime. At least, not the kind you seem to be looking for. As for sales, that is the last thing Ikuhara is looking for. This is, afterall, his third series in 20 years. He's merely using this as a medium to say whatever the hell he wants to.

Also, the caps really does nothing for you.

Yeah, I found out that Morishima Akiko had little to do with the anime after the first episode came out and I had had my fill of "WTF this is not what happened in the manga!?" lol. Also, literally half my comments have been with me coming to terms how this isn't gonna be the savior yuri anime so you really don't have to repeat it for me lol nor do you have to tell me that Ikuhara does not care about sales because I know that he also did Penguindrum, a series I actually kinda liked, not loved, but liked and that made it clear how little he cares for popularity lol. The issue I had with the yuri anime part is that ALL I KNEW about the anime is that its being adapted from a Morishima manga and some guy named Ikuhara (whom at the time, I was unaware was affiliated with Penguindrum) was attached as well.
Also, I don't think you really understood what I meant. I meant that, just because this series is, first and foremost, just one big metaphor, does not mean these characters do not matter at all. These characters are still doing these things and remain the focus of this series, even if they are metaphors or symbols or whatever the hell kind of literary device you want to call it. So if these characters do something that I think it is truly horrible, then I'm still not gonna like that character, aka Lulu (and the fact remains, that the most recent ep did change the motivation we had been told she had for doing this in earlier eps). As for Kureha, she has literally done nothing in the series yet besides mope and whine and question everything, so I'm just gonna stick with burning indifference towards her lol. As for Ginko, like I said before, she hasn't really done anything yet, so I'll refrain from deciding how I feel about her.
Also, the caps are not meant for my argument. They are solely meant for emphasis in that, I am well aware that my comments tend to drag on for days and sometimes even repeat things lol and I use the caps as a kind of flag or something, like "Hey, look at this, somewhere in here there is, in fact, a point and not repetitive babbling" lol. Altho I am aware that I occassionally tend to go overboard with them. New keyboard and I can barely reach the caps lock key lol.

last edited at Jan 27, 2015 5:01PM

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Right now, I really fucking hate it. So much. Especially this last ep, not only did it kind of negate what little character development we had on Lulu, but it also made it seem like REPEATED ATTEMPTED MURDER OF AN ADORABLE YOUNGER BROTHER WHO DID LESS THAN NOTHING WRONG is totes okay as long as you feel bad about it. And bullshit like that enrages me to no end. Regret does not make horrible crimes okay. Why some animes seem to think that is the case will never cease to piss me off.

I hated you from the beginning. So much. Especially this comment of yours, not only did it kind of negate what little personal information we had on you, but it also made it seem like REPEATED ATTEMPTED UNREASONABLE RAGE UPON AN ADORABLE SHOW WHICH DID LESS THAN NOTHING WRONG is totes okay as long as you feel bad about it. And bullshit like that feeds the trolls to no end. Invisible principles do not make horrible emotions okay. Why some people seem to think that is the case will never cease to surprise me.

I loved you from the beginning too. So let's cross the wall of severance and become true friends. Here's the treat. Now you gotta give me a kiss. C'mon, your promised kiss. Kiss me. Kiss me!

joined Jul 2, 2013

Also, I don't think you really understood what I meant. I meant that, just because this series is, first and foremost, just one big metaphor, does not mean these characters do not matter at all.

Read again, I understood you just fine.

Penguindrum, a series I actually kinda liked

So if these characters do something that I think it is truly horrible, then I'm still not gonna like that character, aka Lulu (and the fact remains, that the most recent ep did change the motivation we had been told she had for doing this in earlier eps).

I bet you think the Child Broiler from Penguindrum were really physically breaking children into glass pieces.

joined Jul 8, 2013

Right now, I really fucking hate it. So much. Especially this last ep, not only did it kind of negate what little character development we had on Lulu, but it also made it seem like REPEATED ATTEMPTED MURDER OF AN ADORABLE YOUNGER BROTHER WHO DID LESS THAN NOTHING WRONG is totes okay as long as you feel bad about it. And bullshit like that enrages me to no end. Regret does not make horrible crimes okay. Why some animes seem to think that is the case will never cease to piss me off.

I hated you from the beginning. So much. Especially this comment of yours, not only did it kind of negate what little personal information we had on you, but it also made it seem like REPEATED ATTEMPTED UNREASONABLE RAGE UPON AN ADORABLE SHOW WHICH DID LESS THAN NOTHING WRONG is totes okay as long as you feel bad about it. And bullshit like that feeds the trolls to no end. Invisible principles do not make horrible emotions okay. Why some people seem to think that is the case will never cease to surprise me.

I loved you from the beginning too. So let's cross the wall of severance and become true friends. Here's the treat. Now you gotta give me a kiss. C'mon, your promised kiss. Kiss me. Kiss me!

I know that you were being intentionally hateful and all, but (and this may be a bit hard to believe lol) I am usually a reasonable person and I understand why you'd respond with hate directed at me. Do I think it's reasonable? No, especially since you don't actually know me but whatever. It's the Internet and that's just how people tend to be. But keeping all that in mind. I gotta give you some props on your mockery. That was some impressive mimicry of my comment. Good job. Like no sarcasm. I actually am a little impressed.
That ending doh. Yoooooooooooou sunuvabitch! lol

joined Jul 8, 2013

Also, I don't think you really understood what I meant. I meant that, just because this series is, first and foremost, just one big metaphor, does not mean these characters do not matter at all.

Read again, I understood you just fine.

Penguindrum, a series I actually kinda liked

So if these characters do something that I think it is truly horrible, then I'm still not gonna like that character, aka Lulu (and the fact remains, that the most recent ep did change the motivation we had been told she had for doing this in earlier eps).

I bet you think the Child Broiler from Penguindrum were really physically breaking children into glass pieces.

The fact that you posted that second half at the end there, just proves that you really didn't understand me at all and, frankly, that means continuing this with you is just a little bit pointless. Like we could keep trying to convince one another but, let's be honest, neither of us are going to cave and that's really just fine. Because the fact of the matter is, that even if our opinions are complete and utter opposites of one another, I'm entitled to my own opinion, just as you are entitled to yours and, unlike you apparently and a couple others here, I won't hold that against you nor mock you for it. That doesn't mean I'll stop raging tho lol. I'll probably be right back here next week ranting about some other thing lol. Actually, it's looking like we might be finally getting any information on Ginko so that might not be the case.
But seriously though, if you ever want to argue or even just discuss something with me, or more generally with anybody, don't resort to trying to mock them, even if it is just sarcastically. It really makes you seem less legitimate and, I honestly don't think you are anything less than legitimate, because you clearly seem to know what you're talking about, which only makes it even sadder that you'd resort to it.

last edited at Jan 28, 2015 1:00AM

joined Jul 2, 2013

Agreed that we should drop it here. My apologies, I shouldn't have said what I did. Sometimes I forget Dynasty forum isn't /a/.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nez Note

Okay, I'm glad that people are saying drop it, because this has gotten way beyond reasonable discussion and into Huge Pain In the Ass territory. Takachi, YuriLoveFan and shadow 8321, all three of you stay out of this thread for the rest of the day, and kindly don't pick up this particular argument following that. Just to make sure we've all got a break, I will delete any message I see from any of you three here between now and this time tomorrow.

There is no need to respond to this note.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nez Note Part Two

I have created a thread for the Yuri Kuma anime over here. All discussion of the anime should go there, and leave this space for the manga of the same name.

The previous note applies to that thread as well.

Tumblr_mpynm4dyml1qjj8e7o1_400
joined May 24, 2013

Something about Akiko's art bugs the shit out of me. Like, I can't stand looking at it and I refuse to watch this. But that's probably 'cuz the main character is romancing her nerdy friend or so I hear(not even cute in the slightest). Anyhow this is the only art that drives me up the wall. I feel like this is one of those over-hype anime's but really is shitty. Sighhh, I want to like this manga and anime.

Maybe Kureha will go with bob hair bear-san and I can read this manga ;_;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; lol jk read the raws

last edited at Jan 28, 2015 10:13PM

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Something about Akiko's art bugs the shit out of me. Like, I can't stand looking at it and I refuse to watch this. But that's probably 'cuz the main character is romancing her nerdy friend or so I hear(not even cute in the slightest). Anyhow this is the only art that drives me up the wall. I feel like this is one of those over-hype anime's but really is shitty. Sighhh, I want to like this manga and anime.

Maybe Kureha will go with bob hair bear-san and I can read this manga ;_;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; lol jk read the raws

This post would have benefited from reading the previous post.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think it was too subtle.

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Maybe a bigger font?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Maybe a bigger font?

Blink tags might work.

To reply you must either login or sign up.