Forum › New Game discussion

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

A friend told me that vol 13 will be the last! so yeah it's ending most likely next year? I can't read Japanese so don't trust me just yet!

Edit: it's oficial now https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-03-26/new-game-manga-ends-in-13th-volume/.171157

Also here's the cover for Vol 12 that just went in sale today https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/%E5%BE%97%E8%83%BD%E6%AD%A3%E5%A4%AA%E9%83%8E/dp/4832272624/ref=tmm_other_meta_binding_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1616793006&sr=1-1

last edited at Mar 26, 2021 8:03PM

joined Jul 19, 2014

Nice volume 11 cover art: http://imgur.com/a/ROESzed
First chapter is swimsuit special.

E
joined Feb 8, 2014

Congratulations. Kou and Rin are officially married:
https://twitter.com/yunkyillust/status/1431043593251160065

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Congratulations. Kou and Rin are officially married:
https://twitter.com/yunkyillust/status/1431043593251160065

joined Mar 15, 2015

I personally like that the start of Volume 11 acknowledges that Hifumi feels a bit left out as Aoba spends more time with her more outgoing and assertive friends. It feels like a realistic development rather than the author simply forgetting about Hifumi.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It's been completely translated in Mangadex, if anyone wants to go and get a closure... it pains me greatly that MD doesn't have comments yet.

There were lots of things I loved, specially characters and ships but I was surprised that there would be characters I hated too... That was hmmm "too real" maybe, But that doesn't matter anymore, because LOVE wins at the very end, and that's worth more than anything, Aoba best girl, thank you to all the people who worked on this manga!

20230113_090020
joined Nov 25, 2018

It's been completely translated in Mangadex, if anyone wants to go and get a closure... it pains me greatly that MD doesn't have comments yet.

There were lots of things I loved, specially characters and ships but I was surprised that there would be characters I hated too... That was hmmm "too real" maybe, But that doesn't matter anymore, because LOVE wins at the very end, and that's worth more than anything, Aoba best girl, thank you to all the people who worked on this manga!

The marriage between two characters on the extra pages, in text only, drives me mad. Have the balls to show it goddammit.
Epilogue page 19 for those who are curious, don't know how to do spoilers.

last edited at Feb 28, 2022 7:29AM

joined Jun 5, 2018

Thanks for telling, I have also read this now. Spoiler (Thanks, Lilliwyt):

I really liked how Aoba got shit on so hard in the last arc she was depressed for a week. Dont get me wrong, but I feel like everything just came alive at that moment, when best girl Hotaru just rekt her good. (She got a lot more exposure than I initially would have believed.) Unfortunately, Aoba still got her key visual spot in the end, I felt like it would be more realistic if she didnt. Also, there seems to be quite a skip when Hotaru decides at the beginning of a chapter to become art teacher, only to drop out of college at the end of it?

A bit of criticism is how a lot of characters that were intially pushed got kind of shoved back permanently. I get that the 'new' characters need spotlight, but after that, I feel like the focus should be evenly distributed to all supporting characters. Especially Hifumi and Yun got hit hard. And Hajime almost was an antagonistic force at the end. Not because she was purposefully antagonising, no, its just she became a director and her vision of how games are supposed to be made just took a 180° turn.

Ahagon best character.

last edited at Mar 1, 2022 2:29PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Thanks for telling, I have also read this now. Spoiler (since I do not how):

I really liked how Aoba got shit on so hard in the last arc she was depressed for a week. Dont get me wrong, but I feel like everything just came alive at that moment, when best girl Hotaru just rekt her good. (She got a lot more exposure than I initially would have believed.) Unfortunately, Aoba still got her key visual spot in the end, I felt like it would be more realistic if she didnt. Also, there seems to be quite a skip when Hotaru decides at the beginning of a chapter to become art teacher, only to drop out of college at the end of it?

A bit of criticism is how a lot of characters that were intially pushed got kind of shoved back permanently. I get that the 'new' characters need spotlight, but after that, I feel like the focus should be evenly distributed to all supporting characters. Especially Hifumi and Yun got hit hard. And Hajime almost was an antagonistic force at the end. Not because she was purposefully antagonising, no, its just she became a director and her vision of how games are supposed to be made just took a 180° turn.

Ahagon best character.

Like that, just put == at the start and at the end of the spoilers.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

To reply you must either login or sign up.