It's Aki Eda, how can you bail out.

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

It's Aki Eda, how can you bail out.

I only read his Yuri.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This appearing on a yuri site does sting a bit though, since it's a story of a pretty smooth progression from meeting to dating and on to marriage and eternity, just as you'd expect it. Except it takes place in a country where same-sex couples can't do that and their passage is much more complex and can't even get to that last stage.

In among all the yuri, a story like this highlights the differences pretty starkly.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

This appearing on a yuri site does sting a bit though, since it's a story of a pretty smooth progression from meeting to dating and on to marriage and eternity, just as you'd expect it. Except it takes place in a country where same-sex couples can't do that and their passage is much more complex and can't even get to that last stage.

In among all the yuri, a story like this highlights the differences pretty starkly.

I don't see the point in boycotting all heterosexual content only because it shows these differences. If you want things to change then on the contrary, you must point out these differences. If you want equality then you must have both. And why boycotting an author/serie who have absolutly nothing to do which it.

I think that only accepting homosexual content is as closed minded as only accepting heterosexual (And it's not an only yuri website, there are lots of heterosexual content)

and anyway, the Ito-san's collection is so cute, I don't see how someone can not like it x)

last edited at Sep 26, 2014 12:50PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I don't see the point in boycotting all heterosexual content only because it shows these differences. If you want things to change then on the contrary, you must point out these differences. If you want equality then you must have both. And why boycotting an author/serie who have absolutly nothing to do which it.

I think that only accepting homosexual content is as closed minded as only accepting heterosexual (And it's not an only yuri website, there are lots of heterosexual content)

and anyway, the Ito-san's collection is so cute, I don't see how someone can not like it x)

When did I say anything about boycotting? You don't seem to have read what I wrote and went so far as to quote.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Aw this was a sweet story. I think people here should give the Het stories on here a chance too. The hate some people give Het on here is pretty disturbing, bordering on Heterophobia...

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

yuri or not, i'm in love with aki eda

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Aw this was a sweet story. I think people here should give the Het stories on here a chance too. The hate some people give Het on here is pretty disturbing, bordering on Heterophobia...

Heterophobia, lol. Are you one of those people who complain there should be a Straight Pride Parade too?

Again, I never said it shouldn't be here. I never said it should be boycotted. Neither did anyone else (Candy just said they weren't reading it, not that nobody should). Obviously, I actually read it, hence my comment that the smoothness of it does sting, seeing as it's from a country where that's impossible for a yuri couple. Coming from a yuri author (and in this case posted on a yuri site) that contrast is really noticeable.

Personally it's not that I'm averse to het stories, in fact there are some awesome het stories out there. But they're EVERYWHERE and honestly I'm glad to get an oasis to get away from the damn things for a while, and actually read stuff I can identify with.

Rsz_1rsz_161f85c2f1c256f43611c65e73802030
joined Aug 13, 2013

Awwww~ I really like this awkward love moment, it's really cute and especially refreshing after reading dark and depressing story.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Heterophobia, lol. Are you one of those people who complain there should be a Straight Pride Parade too?

Again, I never said it shouldn't be here. I never said it should be boycotted. Neither did anyone else (Candy just said they weren't reading it, not that nobody should). Obviously, I actually read it, hence my comment that the smoothness of it does sting, seeing as it's from a country where that's impossible for a yuri couple. Coming from a yuri author (and in this case posted on a yuri site) that contrast is really noticeable.

Personally it's not that I'm averse to het stories, in fact there are some awesome het stories out there. But they're EVERYWHERE and honestly I'm glad to get an oasis to get away from the damn things for a while, and actually read stuff I can identify with.

I was afraid you were going to take my comment the wrong way and I apologize for making it unclear. I never directed it towards you, which is why I never quoted anyone's comment in this thread. Your comments are always reasonable and a joy to read. It was more of a general statement to those who pretty much throw a huge hissy fit whenever a boy shows up in a series.

And lol straight pride parade? Well I personally wouldn't be qualified to participate in that.

last edited at Sep 28, 2014 2:24PM

Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013

Nice XD
I've been following the series since magical girl story..

Coollogo_com_262501472
joined Jul 21, 2014

Yea I started noticing it as well..just a bit surprised in a yuri website. Now I know what Het means.

Coollogo_com_262501472
joined Jul 21, 2014

Ditto =)

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Aw, this was adorable. It did brought a tear to my eye.

Not that susprising though, Eda's Bounnoji is also utterly fantastic.

Makiko
joined May 1, 2014

It's been a while since I last read a het romance manga. :3
Well, this was a fine read.

From the comments, there's a new word I learned — heterophobia xD

To reply you must either login or sign up.