Forum › Murasaki discussion

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

This manga is so intense, I'm gonna need to install seat belts to my gaming chair.

JoJo meets Ballroom e Yokoso, right? Haha.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Definity Jojo meets BREJ is a fair comparison.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I am from rural Alaska, and what sent chills up MY spine was her running on a mountainside. We've all done it, but it's a really, really bad idea.

What's a bit lost in translation is that what she calls a "mountain rush" (山駆け) actually refers to an ascetic practice by Yamabushi monks.

The typical ascetic practice of Yamabushi is mountain running, which involves walking for several days through steep mountain paths while reciting sutras.

In the old days, the training was so severe that dropping out of the training meant death.

It doesn't mean she's running all the way up the mountain. She's just climbing (walking up) the mountain twice a day, which is already impressive.

That was the cultural note of the day.

Thanks! I also did a lot of running up and down large stairs, again, like they did in Love Live!, something I wouldn't recommend people do, but mountains are very dangerous. I lived not all that far from Denali Park, where there is a broad range of mountains, some of which have snow on them year 'round.

joined Dec 30, 2020

i was once clocked at over 34km/h while running downhill, on a dirt road.

it was terrifying.

ok well maybe not as scary as rounding a corner and happening upon a bunch of geese, but it did not feel safe.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Why do I feel like I should watch this manga with Jojo's OST on the background?

Rsz_1edcfmqdueaatiy_
joined Dec 18, 2015

I am from rural Alaska, and what sent chills up MY spine was her running on a mountainside. We've all done it, but it's a really, really bad idea.

What's a bit lost in translation is that what she calls a "mountain rush" (山駆け) actually refers to an ascetic practice by Yamabushi monks.

The typical ascetic practice of Yamabushi is mountain running, which involves walking for several days through steep mountain paths while reciting sutras.

In the old days, the training was so severe that dropping out of the training meant death.

It doesn't mean she's running all the way up the mountain. She's just climbing (walking up) the mountain twice a day, which is already impressive.

That was the cultural note of the day.

Thanks! I also did a lot of running up and down large stairs, again, like they did in Love Live!, something I wouldn't recommend people do, but mountains are very dangerous. I lived not all that far from Denali Park, where there is a broad range of mountains, some of which have snow on them year 'round.

I've done quite a bit of trail running in the alps, and while it does take some getting used to, it does feel quite safe to me (of course it depends on the path etc.).

joined Dec 30, 2020

girl walks into a bar...

joined Oct 2, 2021

Shounosuke, Lord of the dance.
Dance power over 9000

last edited at Dec 22, 2021 9:58PM

joined May 10, 2021

Holy fuck that was one of the most impressive chapter I've read... Probably ever.
I was promised sublime art, and it delivered.

Images
joined Feb 9, 2015

I just picked this up, because I liked it.

None can stop me.

Good​ pick! The​ art​ is​ superb.

joined May 7, 2021

Simply amazing.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Now I know what the bad guys in dragon ball felt when they were hit by kamehame has or genkidamas

joined Dec 30, 2020

ACAB

whole crowd just stunned so nobody even steps in tho xD

last edited at Dec 24, 2021 1:49AM

Arle_pose_d_lhp_talk1_avatar
joined Aug 1, 2013

Shounosuke's dance has been placed on the Schedule 1 list of Controlled Substances.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Me enjoying some gorgeous yet silly manga, and then

BAAM!

Existentialism!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I don't think the "What the fuck am I reading?" tag would be appropriate for the experience that this manga drags you into, and I say drags you because is like a vortex, a black hole that pulls you in, you got no choice but to keep going into the unknown with excitement and fear ! Will this change my life? is dance just a medium for something more deep? will the police arrest this guy? I don't know yet.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

So the Jojo's similitudes are not just coincidence huh?

joined Dec 18, 2021

i can't say anything..

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I haven't felt this satisfaction since the flashback from Vivid Strikers with the bullies but also oh my God this manga really runs the extra mile for impact

Florentino posted:

i can't say anything..

Ikr? it takes your breath away

last edited at Mar 5, 2022 5:02PM

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

This art is freakin ridiculous
Like half of the panels, if they were in color on canvas, could go for thousands of dollars easy

X
joined Mar 20, 2020

I don't understand what is in the author's mind.
The arts is very cool, and they have much knowledge about plenty things.

But, too much philosophying on every single little things is just make this look dumb af. I know some mangas or doujins like this, using cute or cool characters as bait, but once you read its just make u dumber and dumber coz the plot is whack. Its kinda waste for such beautifull art style.

Usualy this kind of art need less talking shit and they'll be already good.
I just hope i'm wrong. I'll try to keep watch on it.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

When you hone your skill to the max but you still just want to have fun with it, this is what happens.. I think it's beautiful.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

And from Jojo we go to Star Wars... ok.

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Princess Leia turning up from a galaxy far far away is something else.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

In this chapter, they felt more human and yet you understand that they live and see the world in a different dimension and yes society can't handle these people.

Perhaps the most what the fuck moment was ... That's a senpai?! It wasn't a teacher or a yoga instructor THAT guy is 18yo?! Lmao

Lol with the beetle faction, I guess they're destined to be enemies after all Y-Y peace was never an option

last edited at Apr 11, 2022 6:00PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.