Forum › Bonfire Flower discussion

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

If they are gonna meet every year I don't think it is that bad and I really liked the designs. I hope author and the artist can make their other ideas too.

joined Sep 15, 2013

Great doujin with a somber atmosphere. I really love this team's works! Does this need the MarisaxReimu tag though? Cover indicates it's a ReiMari doujin but it's more subtextual.

Is there also some sort of plot trend with ReiMari artists lately regarding Marisa choosing to become a youkai magician and outliving Reimu? Beni/poprication and Yonurime had made comics with a similar concept before. Or is there some revelation in canon that hints Marisa is inclined to become a youkai? Last I've heard she still doesn't wanna give up her humanity...

last edited at Jun 6, 2021 12:43AM

joined Jul 12, 2020

Great doujin with a somber atmosphere. I really love this team's works! Does this need the MarisaxReimu tag though? Cover indicates it's a ReiMari doujin but it's more subtextual.

Is there also some sort of plot trend with ReiMari artists lately regarding Marisa choosing to become a youkai magician and outliving Reimu? Beni/poprication had a similar concept with an earlier comic this year. Or is there some revelation in canon that hints Marisa is inclined to become a youkai? Last I've heard she still doesn't wanna give up her humanity...

Marisa did say that she interested in immortality and stuff. However, becoming youkai is a sin in Gensokyo, so there a chance that those two will fight to the death if Marisa does so.

joined Sep 15, 2013

Marisa did say that she interested in immortality and stuff. However, becoming youkai is a sin in Gensokyo, so there a chance that those two will fight to the death if Marisa does so.

This sounds like an awesome idea for a climax if or when ZUN decides to finish the series. There's a lot of interesting stuff with Marisa in particular that I think he could explore considering that the recent manga like FS and WaHH focus more on Reimu.

last edited at Jun 6, 2021 12:47AM

joined Jun 5, 2018

Touhou will never be finished, itll live on in our hearts! But either way, if ZUN really decides to be done with his part, than that would be some kickass finale, although is it the player that chooses who dies, by playing marisa or reimu? (and winning or losing, that of course is not always in the hand of said players haha) Still, Id like the finale, at least one climax to be an all out war against the moon people (I mean those, who were cucked during LoLK, and finally wrapping up Silent sinner in a different way than just stealing some sake. Hell, it could even be the sisters wanting their revenge for the stolen sake as a premise, for all I care.)

Plasma%20pea
joined Jan 26, 2021

Ooh, another one of these huh? I hope they do make a sequel on this since that would be interesting

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

As if the real life was sad enough -_-

joined Mar 27, 2018

So apparently armpit exhibition is one way Marisa carried on Reimu's legacy.

On a more serious note, I really do like that change from past to future. You can really see the difference, especially with the fact that Marisa ties her hair with one of Reimu's ribbon rather than going for the front knot she was known for.

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

I'm sad but older Marisa looks great and Rei2 looks adorable!

MayhemEverFree
20201204_180859
joined Dec 10, 2020

There's been multiple representations and ideas about Reimu's successor and every time I become more interested in a series of stories focused on how everybody has grown and carried on with their lives after Reimu's death and the new Hakurei Shrine Maiden has to follow the same fate, solving incidents caused by everyone that Reimu faced in the past just to toy with her and everybody is amused by the idea that, yet again, the "Hakurei" has come to stop them.

joined Jul 9, 2017

My heart sunk when Reimu died.

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

this is so sad T_T

joined Dec 1, 2021

Is there also some sort of plot trend with ReiMari artists lately regarding Marisa choosing to become a youkai magician and outliving Reimu? Beni/poprication and Yonurime had made comics with a similar concept before. Or is there some revelation in canon that hints Marisa is inclined to become a youkai? Last I've heard she still doesn't wanna give up her humanity...

Chap 25 last page from Forbidden Scrollery, that probably gonna happen

joined Aug 28, 2023

Oof. Why doesn't Reimu ever stop being an useless human in the doujins where Marisa becomes immortal

last edited at Oct 12, 2023 5:04AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.