Forum › The Demon Disappears Through a Lens discussion

joined Feb 1, 2021

Btw uh...I don't wear glasses but even I think forcefully making someone put on glasses like that is a VERY bad idea, and this could have been really sad. (this is still really cute though.)

What exactly do you think could happen? If they’re not helpful the worst that’d happen is the person they put on getting momentarily disoriented and maybe pissed. Maybe the glasses get broken if they throw them off hard enough, but that’s about it. It’s not like having them on for a moment are going to seriously affect her, even if the prescription is wrong.

I'd worry about getting poked in the eye with the ends of the frame.

joined Jan 25, 2021

Really nice to see a story where the girl gets cuter /after/ putting on glasses.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

My god, does anyone really think that this is a story where one character tries to do a cute thing by putting their glasses on someone who is squinting, but instead of the person now being able to see:

• their eye accidentally gets gouged out

• the prescription is so far off they stumble around and fall down the stairs and break their neck

• the glasses give the person chronic migraines for the rest of their life

• the person doesn’t understand what’s happening and screams and lashes out and the police are called

• the frames get caught in the person’s hair and they scream and lash out, etc.

• they throw the glasses off in horror and they break on the floor and and a shard of glass goes into the person’s eye and they’re blinded forever

Sometimes I think every Dynasty story should come with a warning label:

Trained fictional characters on a closed romance-trope course—do not try this in real life

CutegirlscryingIloveit
Img_-4klz88
joined Sep 30, 2021

Ah yes the gap moe has got us all hooked.
This is so cute, it felt like all my stress from college has been lifted.
This is the power of yuri

joined Feb 1, 2021

My god, does anyone really think that this is a story where one character tries to do a cute thing by putting their glasses on someone who is squinting, but instead of the person now being able to see:

• the prescription is so far off they stumble around and fall down the stairs and break their neck

• the person doesn’t understand what’s happening and screams and lashes out and the police are called

• they throw the glasses off in horror and they break on the floor and and a shard of glass goes into the person’s eye and they’re blinded forever

Trained fictional characters on a closed romance-trope course—do not try this in real life

My dude, take a chill pill. 80% of this wasn't mentioned, or even implied, until you brought it up.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

My dude, take a chill pill. 80% of this wasn't mentioned, or even implied, until you brought it up.

Way to miss the point, “my dude.” Even though it was bolded.

last edited at Oct 25, 2021 12:43AM

joined Feb 1, 2021

Is that a point that was in dispute beforehand? Not really seeing it myself.

Screenshot_726
joined Dec 2, 2017

Another day, another good oneshot that deserves a series but proably won't have one.

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

amazing how they have similar prescriptions somehow

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

I prefer the “girl is better with glasses” than the trope of “he/she is hot without glasses” so this work is even cuter for me

joined Sep 1, 2021

i look better with glasses but i still dont wear it if im not outside (only for courses) because of the video i watched that said "wearing glasses makes your sight worse therefore i changed my lifestyle, now i dont need them anymore, dont let them be lazy with the help of glasses, unless there is another case"
And i dont like carrying something potentially dangerous in front of my eyes...

joined Dec 13, 2020

i look better with glasses but i still dont wear it if im not outside (only for courses) because of the video i watched that said wearing glasses makes your sight worse therefore i changed my lifestyle, now i dont need them anymore, dont let them be lazy with the help of glasses

This gotta be a joke, right?

Next you're gonna tell us that you don't do vaccines and never got covid-vaxxed because you heard it makes the immune system lazy.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

i look better with glasses but i still dont wear it if im not outside (only for courses) because of the video i watched that said wearing glasses makes your sight worse therefore i changed my lifestyle, now i dont need them anymore, dont let them be lazy with the help of glasses

This gotta be a joke, right?

Next you're gonna tell us that you don't do vaccines and never got covid-vaxxed because you heard it makes the immune system lazy.

I know, right? I googled this just to see if it were an actual thing, but all the top search results were, "No, wearing glasses doesn't hurt your vision; in fact, even wearing a prescription that's a bit off doesn't injure your eyes either.--you just don't see as well."

Then I realized that all the people saying that could be accused of being in the pocket of Big Eyewear. . . .

(Without my glasses, I'm . . . pretty helpless.)

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

I love everything about this. The unfazeable new girl shaking up the status quo, the misunderstood 'delinquent', the reversal of the "cuter without glasses" trope... I crave more! At least a follow-up where they go on a glasses-shopping date!

joined Jun 30, 2015

I read the title as the demon diapers. That was a good surprise.

We do need a story about this

What’s going on in this comment section lol this was crazy adorable let’s enjoy this floof.

Riamu
joined Aug 28, 2018

I hope that the rumour about Ichiki's family being in the Yakuza is true and MC just accidentally inducted herself into the clan

joined Nov 27, 2017

Had the plot figured out on page 3. But it was still cute. They have similar prescriptions, they're destined to be together.

I remember I found out (well more confirmed) I should have glasses when putting on my then-girlfriend's actually made my vision clearer. At the time I was just messing around, but it is the logical extreme of the lesbian shared wardrobe.

joined May 5, 2021

She looks better without glasses ngl

joined Apr 6, 2018

FUBUKI WILL SO PROUD IF SHE SEES THIS HAHAHA

She will be like, "Glasses are really versatile. First, you can have glasses-wearing girls take them off and suddenly become beautiful, or have girls wearing glasses flashing those cute grins, or have girls stealing the protagonist's glasses and putting them on like, "Haha, got your glasses!' That's just way too cute! Also, boys with glasses! I really like when their glasses have that suspicious looking gleam, and it's amazing how it can look really cool or just be a joke. I really like how it can fulfill all those abstract needs. Being able to switch up the styles and colors of glasses based on your mood is a lot of fun too! It's actually so much fun! You have those half rim glasses, or the thick frame glasses, everything! It's like you're enjoying all these kinds of glasses at a buffet. I really want Luna to try some on or Marine to try some on to replace her eyepatch. We really need glasses to become a thing in hololive and start selling them for HoloComi. Don't. You. Think. We. Really. Need. To. Officially. Give. Everyone. Glasses?"

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

She basically Speedrunned a Girlfriend

Honoka-x-maki
joined Aug 23, 2018

This is enlightenment

joined Sep 13, 2018

I appreciate this one shot that isn't 'character with glasses is cuter without' but rather 'character wears glasses and is seen as cuter'.

joined Sep 4, 2020

this was so cute ;(

joined Sep 4, 2020

I appreciate this one shot that isn't 'character with glasses is cuter without' but rather 'character wears glasses and is seen as cuter'.

ngl, i dont understand why in sometimes in real life people dont find glasses attractive

last edited at Oct 26, 2021 11:56PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.