Forum › Pop Team Epic discussion

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

strangely transphobic bathroom joke in this one... I hope im just missing context somehow. I dont expect bkub to be a paragon of kindness or anything but that one was so 1 dimensionally mean that it reads like some awful fascist comics id rather not name

It's not a trans person. It's a peeper who wants to leer girls on their bathroom, thus stuff like "He's gonna find that I'm a guy" or "Gotta fool him with a girly voice" which don't really work for trans people. Trans girl won't think: "I'm a guy," because she's not and trans people don't usually maintain something like separate voices.

i'm a trans person, and i absolutely read it as a straight up mean transphobic 'joke'. why? because while it's not how a real trans person thinks, it is absolutely how shitty transphobes think that real trans people think. as the original comment indicates, this mythical scenario has been the bread and butter of anti-trans scaremongering forever.

last edited at Sep 23, 2021 11:11AM

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

strangely transphobic bathroom joke in this one... I hope im just missing context somehow. I dont expect bkub to be a paragon of kindness or anything but that one was so 1 dimensionally mean that it reads like some awful fascist comics id rather not name

It's not a trans person. It's a peeper who wants to leer girls on their bathroom, thus stuff like "He's gonna find that I'm a guy" or "Gotta fool him with a girly voice" which don't really work for trans people. Trans girl won't think: "I'm a guy," because she's not and trans people don't usually maintain something like separate voices.

i'm a trans person, and i absolutely read it as a straight up mean transphobic 'joke'. why? because while it's not how a real trans person thinks, it is absolutely how shitty transphobes think that real trans people think. as the original comment indicates, this mythical scenario has been the bread and butter of anti-trans scaremongering forever.

That's just a simple drag queen. You aren't being attacked, just relax

1478_nogirlsallowed
joined Oct 26, 2018

in the famous words of pop team epic… middle fingers

last edited at Sep 23, 2021 6:00PM

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

How classy of you.

joined Feb 23, 2013

I can't believe Pop Team Epic is not woke enough. Better call the Protest-About-Things-On-Twitter Man.

last edited at Sep 26, 2021 9:58AM

5%20(1)~2
joined Dec 13, 2019

Imagine having that profile pic and thinking your opnion is valid

last edited at Dec 27, 2021 6:43PM

C12%20wink
joined Oct 29, 2020

THE RETURN.

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Imagine having that profile pic and thinking your opinion is valid

Exact same words went through my head when I saw his profile pic....
What's with that symbol anyway? What does it mean? A hate for females? Women not allowed around him? What's the implied idea?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

ALL THE THINGS SHE SAID

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

I used to love this series.

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

Try Pop Team Epic after seeing it on the main page
Newest comic references t.A.T.u., a real band marketed as lesbians (they weren't but there's a few good songs)
Comments reference a comic which turns out to be transphobic joke 2/2: 'what if a deceitful gender fake looks and acts wrong (like by going into a forbidden women-only area)'. A lazy stereotype fails to blend in. WTF. Not surreal.

The quality, brainlessness, and wasted time in this manga balance out at 0. I pass. Your mileage may vary.

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

that t.a.t.u joke hit me like a punch and i loved it

001q2gaply1h533fjj99pj60sg148tgw02
joined Sep 11, 2021

this is going to kill me in real life

second best manga

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

I understand about 19% of these. Need to have a Japanese person sitting next to me to explain all the cultural references.

Truewarrior
joined Dec 13, 2014

Aw man a Gaogaigar reference. Was that popular among super robot circles?

To reply you must either login or sign up.