Forum › Fujiwara no Mokou's Historical Journal discussion

joined Jun 5, 2018

The increase of quality touhou works here is nice. I have no idea though, what the last bit was? She escaped from japan (so gensokyo does not exist here) and traveled until somewhere arabia, and settled down for a while, to not see kaguya?
Oh, and the art is really good, imagine people drawing wrinkles!

last edited at Aug 28, 2021 7:16AM

ADT555 Uploader
_006
DB Scans
joined Jun 26, 2017

She escaped from japan (so gensokyo does not exist here) and traveled until somewhere arabia,

Mokou is over a thousand years old, Gensokyo was established a century ago(the barrier at least). This is well before she met Kaguya again.

joined Jun 5, 2018

She escaped from japan (so gensokyo does not exist here) and traveled until somewhere arabia,

Mokou is over a thousand years old, Gensokyo was established a century ago(the barrier at least). This is well before she met Kaguya again.

Oh, this is a before thing. When did they mention Mokous current age though? And I guess without the historical knowledge, I really cant understand much of it.

ADT555 Uploader
_006
DB Scans
joined Jun 26, 2017

When did they mention Mokous current age though? And I guess without the historical knowledge, I really cant understand much of it.

The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter is over a thousand years ago and tells the story of Kaguya's life on Earth, Mokou gains her immortality during this story.

last edited at Aug 28, 2021 8:42AM

Trappista_cheese_original%20(1)
joined Apr 10, 2020

Some criticism with this story though I doubt the author will read this since this manga is 4 years old:

1. Mokou is not a socialize person, looking by her appearance, this is her first 300 years where she supposed to isolate herself from people eyes.

2. Fujiwara family is from China, I don't know why Japan suddenly related to her.

This one is not criticism but confusion, the outfit of her, as you guys can see she has her current outfit when she was dreaming, now here's the question, is that actually a dream or her past? Cause it would be weird if that's her past, since her past outfit is basically what she's wearing right now (in this manga, not the current Mokou)

RainbowCatcherBM
Mokouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
joined Aug 3, 2021

The increase of quality touhou works here is nice. I have no idea though, what the last bit was? She escaped from japan (so gensokyo does not exist here) and traveled until somewhere arabia, and settled down for a while, to not see kaguya?

Probably, this is an alt story to Touhou's canon and the other instances of this series have the setting as Victorian era England, and within Ireland and Japan during the early XXth century. At a point on which she should had been sealed within Gensokyo.

Here are the other stories, they're untranslated but 3rd and 4th barely have any text.
https://e-hentai.org/tag/artist:aritsuno

joined Apr 10, 2020

Probably, this is an alt story to Touhou's canon and the other instances of this series have the setting as Victorian era England, and within Ireland and Japan during the early XXth century. At a point on which she should had been sealed within Gensokyo.

Here are the other stories, they're untranslated but 3rd and 4th barely have any text.
https://e-hentai.org/tag/artist:aritsuno

Excuse me, what the fuck?

Hey that website is a no no, there's no way that's the other story.

Edit: Just check the website, it's not p**n, but still why author post it there? He could post it on Pixiv, I mean just take a look at his Pixiv, the only manga he has just this.

last edited at Aug 28, 2021 6:53PM

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

thats cool

joined Apr 14, 2021

Fujiwara family is from China, I don't know why Japan suddenly related to her.

Isn't she supposed to be a descendant of the Japanese Fujiwara clan?
The actual Hourai Elixir is a reference to the Chinese legend of the Immortal Island of Penglai (which was known as Hourai in Japan), home to a variety of "eternal" things from rice bowls that never emptied to fruits that granted eternal youth. Legends say that the legendary Chinese alchemist and explorer Xu Fu, who was sent by the First Emperor of China to seek out the elixir of eternal life, ended up in Japan instead and accidentally proclaimed Mount Fuji to be Mount Penglai. But I don't think Fujiwara herself is Chinese. Correct me if I'm wrong.

joined Nov 19, 2020

Fujiwara family is from China, I don't know why Japan suddenly related to her.

Isn't she supposed to be a descendant of the Japanese Fujiwara clan?
The actual Hourai Elixir is a reference to the Chinese legend of the Immortal Island of Penglai (which was known as Hourai in Japan), home to a variety of "eternal" things from rice bowls that never emptied to fruits that granted eternal youth. Legends say that the legendary Chinese alchemist and explorer Xu Fu, who was sent by the First Emperor of China to seek out the elixir of eternal life, ended up in Japan instead and accidentally proclaimed Mount Fuji to be Mount Penglai. But I don't think Fujiwara herself is Chinese. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Adding that from Cage in Lunatic Runagate chapter 4 that Mokou tells Keine the story of how she got the Hourai Elixir by following a group of men sent to the top of Mount Fuji in order to dump the elixir closest to the moon.

Uncertain_prodigy_cropped_300
joined Jul 25, 2018

This is pretty great. It should maybe also have the introspective tag.

Edit: Just check the website, it's not p**n, but still why author post it there? He could post it on Pixiv, I mean just take a look at his Pixiv, the only manga he has just this.

I don't think the author posted it there. ghap (the uploader of the later chapters) says they scanned it.

Fcolu7zauaqic2k
joined Sep 14, 2015
  1. Fujiwara family is from China, I don't know why Japan suddenly related to her.

Her name is Fujiwara no Mokou, from the Fujiwara clan famous for their regency of the Japanese imperial throne. Where do you get that "Fujiwara family is from China" thing?

joined Apr 10, 2020
  1. Fujiwara family is from China, I don't know why Japan suddenly related to her.

Her name is Fujiwara no Mokou, from the Fujiwara clan famous for their regency of the Japanese imperial throne. Where do you get that "Fujiwara family is from China" thing?

I knew that already, people said it.

But I'm just too lazy to edit my comment, also the reason why I said Fujiwara from China cause I'm confused I thought yokai legend were from China.

Why yokai suddenly related? Cause I read one about strongest yokai (forgot his name but his head still functioned after cut something like that) being hunted by some people and one of them is from Fujiwara family, and you know the rest, I got confused and thus I thought yokai legend is from China (I just be repetitive, aren't I)

To reply you must either login or sign up.