Forum › 3LDK! discussion

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

yaay this is so good. Third years really have that bond ,they are so cute together. I think that was a nice choice for the pun maybe 'Feeling Like Diving!!' could also work but this is already very good.

joined Sep 4, 2020

Why do all Japanese people believe that you will catch a cold if you do anything? Do they not have basic scientific knowledge there or something? I don't understand how anyone could believe stupid superstitions like that in the 21st century, and yet it seems everyone just does over there, for no reason at all. Scary.

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

And they were roommates

joined Jan 22, 2015

Why do all Japanese people believe that you will catch a cold if you do anything? Do they not have basic scientific knowledge there or something? I don't understand how anyone could believe stupid superstitions like that in the 21st century, and yet it seems everyone just does over there, for no reason at all. Scary.

So there is this thing called covid. And see, there's these people in the states that have concluded that wearing a mask to ward off an airborne disease actually makes you MORE likely to get this covid thing. And so they choose to not wear masks and go to church and do these big family gathers. And, unsurprisingly, suddenly my home state has the highest case count in the nation.

So, uh, yeah. High school level scientific knowledge don't mean shit. Especially when you bring some form of faith into the mix.

joined Sep 4, 2020

So there is this thing called covid. And see, there's these people in the states that have concluded that wearing a mask to ward off an airborne disease actually makes you MORE likely to get this covid thing. And so they choose to not wear masks and go to church and do these big family gathers. And, unsurprisingly, suddenly my home state has the highest case count in the nation.

So, uh, yeah. High school level scientific knowledge don't mean shit. Especially when you bring some form of faith into the mix.

Continuing to live life the way people had before a virus unexpectedly took over is an unfortunate choice people have to make in order to not have to lock themselves inside and go insane. It is very different than believing in something which is fundamentally incorrect, something which skimming through any Wikipedia article or high school science textbook will tell you is wrong. It isn't something unavoidable, or something they are being forced into. It's just stupidity.

joined Jul 26, 2016

This is the sort of thing one should be learning from adults (primarily parents seeing as how those are the primary everyday guardians of their offspring's health) already at a much younger age, as with any number of other things. And you'd think they got enough firsthand experience with the actual relevant cause and effect chains in the chilly northern end of the archipelago for the practical knowhow to have been there even before the introduction of modern medical science...

Then again I've personally observed, with some frank astonishment, the apparent utter inability of the Chinese to build properly insulated warm houses even in the decidedly frosty northern interior of their country so... yeah.

Hodo%20hodo
joined Apr 11, 2019

very weirdchamp discussion ngl

TheLubeTube Uploader
Lesbianfiction!
Me-A Scans
joined Jul 27, 2018

Sir, this is a Wendy's

Areyougonnatouchem-17sq
joined Jan 27, 2019

What it really comes down to is that the expression, "You'll catch a cold", is just a general shorthand for "That's not healthy for you." It's not about not understanding germ theory — really, Japan learned that in the Meiji period, not very long after Europe did — it's about expressing concern.

(And I'd mention that in English, we still call the upper respiratory infection by any of a number of rhinoviruses, influenza viruses, or human coronaviruses a "cold", on the same reasoning as Japan uses— and that there's scientific evidence that hypothermia can make you more susceptible to such an infection.)

Very cute story — I particularly enjoyed Kanan's bit about waking the other two. Adorable.

Dayer Uploader
Discordavi
Dayer
joined Jun 26, 2018

I... literally have no idea what you mean in the credits. I-I'm sure you did a great job (good job!), but I barely have the faintest idea what Love Live is, along with what a "call and response" is. It's not you, it's me and my small brain.

Hodo%20hodo
joined Apr 11, 2019

Dayer posted:

I... literally have no idea what you mean in the credits. I-I'm sure you did a great job (good job!), but I barely have the faintest idea what Love Live is, along with what a "call and response" is. It's not you, it's me and my small brain.

see this is why everyone should watch idols and idol shows

Yes_Cantaloupe
Dia%20mezashi
joined Dec 5, 2014

see this is why everyone should watch idols and idol shows

this

To reply you must either login or sign up.