Forum › Please Remove Binbou Scanlation's Work From the Reader

I do not want my work hosted here any longer, please remove it.

Please delete my account after this has been done.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

I'm not having the works I worked on taken down. If your works are taken down, the ones I worked on won't be. They're my releases too.

last edited at May 1, 2021 9:26PM

Please remove Binbou Scanlation's work from the reader.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Didn't we go through this already a few years back?

joined Apr 8, 2021

Is it necessary to cause trouble for other people like this? This seems particularly problematic concerning something like Fuzoroi no Renri, which another scanlator picked up after you stopped and would be left holding the bag on a series where the first half is taken down. Making them translate an additional 23 chapters, or else putting their effort into translating the latest 40 chapters to waste, seems quite self-centred. Maybe if there's some pertinent reason I'm not understanding, but I really don't see how you even benefit by stopping people from reading manga you've translated already.

drpepperfan Admin
joined Oct 12, 2010

Works on which I helped would not be removed if they were, you are aware of this right?

And I guess it's worth asking, if you want your account deleted and are leaving the site, is there any need to also remove your works?

last edited at May 2, 2021 12:55PM

drpepperfan Admin
joined Oct 12, 2010

Wow. I really need you to be aware of what I've stated.

last edited at May 2, 2021 1:01PM

If Binbou Scanlation's work is on the reader, please remove it. After that is done, please delete my account.

drpepperfan Admin
joined Oct 12, 2010

If Binbou Scanlation's work is on the reader, please remove it. After that is done, please delete my account.

I mean, if we're just going round in circles I'll say it again. Binbou releases I collabed on will not be taken down.

I'd prefer my thread be public.

Hodo%20hodo
joined Apr 11, 2019

my reaction

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Didn't we go through this already a few years back?

I stand corrected: this tidbit is what I must have been remembering.

Very different, yes.

Can I get an ETA on this please?

Explanation for the double standard on your collabs would be nice too. What's the difference between your and others I collabed with?

joined Apr 8, 2021

Explanation for the double standard on your collabs would be nice too. What's the difference between your and others I collabed with?

I concur, nothing you worked on should be taken down without their consent if other people worked on it :)

DPF doesn't seem to agree with you.

I would also remove anything if someone I worked with withdrew their consent to have it up (while I still gave mine). No consent, no upload. That's how it's always worked here.

last edited at May 3, 2021 10:32AM by

joined Apr 8, 2021

No consent, no upload. That's how it's always worked here.

My understanding is that how it's always worked applies to groups, not a single person unilaterally deciding to trash the work of other people. Is this situation actually precedented?

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Remove only the parts you worked on, e.g. if you did QC, just introduce the mistakes again. I'm sure it's worth the trouble

Did TL and editing, time to upload raws.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Don't you have the permissions to delete chapters yourself? As far as I know it's not like there's a less annoying process to delete them for anyone else than searching one by one with the group page open.

Honestly didn't know if I was allowed to as I've been told not to before. I suppose I will work on it later myself when I get the chance.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

These are fan translations. You don't actually own any part of the work or have any right on it. If we go by legal, the author should have been consulted too. So, given that scanlators are outside the law, people can only go by informal rules.

And it looks obvious that a single person's fiat can't represent a group.

Imagine working on a project in a company. You provide the ideas and other people help you finish the product, then you put it on shelves. Then, because you have beef with one shop, you want the product to be taken off the shelves of a particular shop, without consulting your colleagues. Sorry, it doesn't work like that. You can quit, you can stop working with these people, but being part of a group/company means that you have to hear their opinions.

So, since you do credit pages, ask all the people involved what they think about it.

DPF made it clear that they don't want to take what they have worked on off this site. Live with it.

joined Apr 8, 2021

I really think you should reconsider. I would be livid if somebody I worked with took the scanlation work that I've collectively spent dozens of hours on down without so much as asking me first. If people agree, that's one thing, but it's extremely self-centred to completely disregard the effort other people put in.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

I'm not sure if "allowed to" is correct or not, obviously Dr. P has some contention about that. I only mean that you are able to and could do so for the ones that there's no issue with if you're impatient.

This topic has been locked.