Forum › Curse of Red discussion

chaosOrchestrator
joined Jul 10, 2015

Wow this is so good. Its nice to see aunn here. (also what appears to be an older chen)

Rsz_wa
joined Sep 5, 2019

"an OC who resembles reimu hakurei"?

Hana
joined Jun 20, 2014

i need more cool youkai magician Marisa!

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

This was really good

Yukari Yakumo
Yukari%20sweet%20-%20copy
joined Nov 24, 2016

So basically, Reimu has reincarnated and is now a clutz and age-old youkai Marisa is waxing all nostalgic.
Works for me :)

i need more cool youkai magician Marisa!

Agreed. :)
It's like if Marisa fused with Yukari

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

You know, I never thought about how fucking hard of an act to follow Reimu is.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

I think this is Reimu x Marisa it is not a spoiler too. Marisa remembering her love for Reimu

last edited at Mar 10, 2021 1:26PM

Letemmiko
joined Mar 10, 2021

I would assume that Reimu becoming immortal would be an option too. Maybe becoming a Hermit or a God, where she would have to give up her status as the shrine maiden. Though it's mostly a question of if Reimu would actually do that, rather than whether she can or not.

MayhemEverFree
20201204_180859
joined Dec 10, 2020

I would assume that Reimu becoming immortal would be an option too. Maybe becoming a Hermit or a God, where she would have to give up her status as the shrine maiden. Though it's mostly a question of if Reimu would actually do that, rather than whether she can or not.

I think that Sanae mentions at one point that since they are shrine maidens they can ascend and become goddesses, but Reimu tells her that she has no intentions (or doesn't care) about becoming a goddess. And I can totally see Reimu being more inclined to accepting her death and resting in peace rather than taking more responsibilities on her shoulders by becoming a guardian or guide of Gensokyo

MayhemEverFree
20201204_180859
joined Dec 10, 2020

At the very end of it, I thought Marisa was going to tell Miko-chan something like "You know... there were plenty of youkai that cared for the previous shrine maiden as well" to encourage her a bit, to let her know that there were youkai that also wanted to lend Reimu a hand every now and then, so in that sense Miko-chan and Reimu are similar. She struggles to become a shrine maiden that can match up to Reimu's exploits, she probably only heard about how good she was, but she never learnt about how she was lazy and greedy too, Miko-chan already has the diligence to do the job, now she just need to work up on experience.

There are a lot of stories that touch the subject of "the next generation of the Hakurei Shrine Maiden", but this one makes me entertain the idea of an actual series about the next Hakurei that tries to make a name for herself and outperform Reimu, struggling to keep up with Reimu's natural genius to solve incidents, living under her shadow and being constantly tormented by the thought of "the previous shrine maiden was better" while everyone else that met and fought Reimu simply watch in amusement as the next generation continues to keep the balance in Gensokyo, and they begin to notice traces that spark some resemblance to Reimu as they watch her grow and improve.

last edited at Mar 11, 2021 4:13AM

Plasma%20pea
joined Jan 26, 2021

Ooh... This is such an interesting take on future the future of Hakurei. Are there any thing else like this?

Atlantaicon
joined Jun 8, 2017

Damn, black-and-black witch Marisa looks pretty damn slick.

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

feels like a continuation of this doujin that poprication did a few years ago

It's definitely similar. In that one, the incident is solved by the shrine maiden in question while in this one the shrine maiden appears to be immediately following Reimu and has not solved any incidents. So then Marisa's incident couldn't have taken place earlier in this story. Unless this is a much later shrine maiden and the big incident Marisa caused that's mentioned in this story was from the 2011 doujinshi.

Or maybe it feels like the 2011 one is the sequel and this is the prequel?

last edited at Feb 10, 2023 3:16AM

joined Aug 28, 2023

Ugh Reimu should've become an immortal too. What's the point of dying like a useless human when there's a bunch of options right there for her to take instead

To reply you must either login or sign up.