Forum › Arknights!

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

I need Mostima now that I know she's voiced by Nana Mizuki. She's one of my favorite Japanese singers.

Edit: And Madoka's JP voice also does Nian, Earthspirit, and Istina.

Edit 2: Lava's VA is also Mami. Does this mean if you ship Lava/Nian you should ship Madoka/Mami too?

last edited at Feb 9, 2021 1:21AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Risk 9 again yesterday. Fell asleep and had to hurry up lol. Weedy+Ange send our bullied friend flying to the next map.

Today is another retuning map. Shouldn't be too difficult. I'll put Weedy up on support.

I was about to get mastery but ran out blue books. I wanted to M3 other girls first.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

After 3 days of tweaking my strategy over and over I finally managed to pull off risk 22! Ngl, I'm really proud of myself. It'd be especially frustrating if I didn't clear it, cos I already had working strategy where I killed everyone, even Faust, except for last red weeb, so giving up when I was so close, would be incredibly annoying. Thank you for your Ceobe, myrrhmidon! I really needed that M3 on S2 and mine only has M2. This is as far as I can go with my current lvls/masteries though. At the end Ange would probably finish Faust off if her skill was M3. We'll see what new contracts comes out tomorrow. After losing countless attempts seemingly randomly I learned 1 thing. If you lose and don't know why either you did something wrong or your strategy just doesn't work. If it relies too heavily on rng, it's probably not good anyway. I like how by the end my final strategy was so much better and efficient than what I started with lol.

Couldn't handle invisible spiders, maybe would manage risk 11, but the strat I wanted to try was with Ch'en and mine is underleveled and no was showing up on support, so I just gave up and spend my energy on perma map instead. Today's I didn't even bother trying for higher risk, cos I hate that map with passion.

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

After 3 days of tweaking my strategy over and over I finally managed to pull off risk 22! Ngl, I'm really proud of myself. It'd be especially frustrating if I didn't clear it, cos I already had working strategy where I killed everyone, even Faust, except for last red weeb, so giving up when I was so close, would be incredibly annoying. Thank you for your Ceobe, myrrhmidon! I really needed that M3 on S2 and mine only has M2. This is as far as I can go with my current lvls/masteries though. At the end Ange would probably finish Faust off if her skill was M3. We'll see what new contracts comes out tomorrow. After losing countless attempts seemingly randomly I learned 1 thing. If you lose and don't know why either you did something wrong or your strategy just doesn't work. If it relies too heavily on rng, it's probably not good anyway. I like how by the end my final strategy was so much better and efficient than what I started with lol.

Awesome and congrats! Seeing the ops there, I almost think I could replicate it but I don't have enough masteries on Eyja and Texas. As long as the new contracts don't lower your DPS, I think the same strat can reach higher risks. There were quite a bit close calls where just a bit less damage and the enemy might have leaked there. I also realize having Ange instead of Suzuran has benefits in raising atk speed. Your comment about RNG reminds me why CC beta and to an extent CC#0 are considered hard. Both can be RNG based even on risk 18.

Couldn't handle invisible spiders, maybe would manage risk 11, but the strat I wanted to try was with Ch'en and mine is underleveled and no was showing up on support, so I just gave up and spend my energy on perma map instead. Today's I didn't even bother trying for higher risk, cos I hate that map with passion.

I actually felt like yesterday's daily could have been an easy max risk. Then again, that's hoping the fire tiles trigger the way you want them. I couldn't be bothered for anything higher than risk 8.

塞雷娅 posted:

Also one thing I really like with Arknights is how there's minimal power creep and the operators we have from the very beginning are still viable and in fact still in the top of their roles. Examples being Ange, Eyja, Silverash, Saria, etc.

True. I also like that they're sticking to their apparent promise to not make limited operators broken and must have, on top of having very little limited operators to begin with.

It is my sincere hope it stays this way. The fact that other OP units like Blaze and Surtr can not only spook you at any time, but they can also appear in the shop in the future.

Art stuff: Franka's hand going places on Liskarm, Dusk x Nian tailholding, Folinic enjoying Suzuran's cheeks, short pants not allowed (I like that Talulah is part of Ch'en's "harem" there)

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Nice job! I like your timing with Gravel, blocking both Faust's critical shots and random enemies in Ifrit's death lane. Seems pretty efficient, if stressful. Myrtle soloing the invisible enemies was a surprise; I didn't think she could take them down by herself with the +Defense risk.

I managed to get Risk 24, though I just pretty much copied this strategy, except I used Bagpipe instead of Weedy. Not as satisfying as coming up with my own strategy, but considering how long it took me to clear it I'm happy.

By the way, has anyone seen any Saga ships? I was looking over at Pixiv and Lofter but I've mostly either seen her solo or with Ceobe (both being hungry doggo-type characters?), but nothing really shippy.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

myrrhmidon posted:

Awesome and congrats!

Thanks!

As long as the new contracts don't lower your DPS, I think the same strat can reach higher risks. There were quite a bit close calls where just a bit less damage and the enemy might have leaked there.

Yea, I was thinking the same. I tried adding lower attack or picking higher health, but Texas would die at the beginning. It really was already close call in terms of dmg, that's why I knew I can't go higher.

I also realize having Ange instead of Suzuran has benefits in raising atk speed.

Yea. Idk how much it really contributed, but considering I relied a lot on auto attacks, I think it wasn't insignificant.

Your comment about RNG reminds me why CC beta and to an extent CC#0 are considered hard. Both can be RNG based even on risk 18.

Exactly! Even now as daily I couldn't make higher risks work, because burning was just so unreliable.

塞雷娅 posted:

Also one thing I really like with Arknights is how there's minimal power creep and the operators we have from the very beginning are still viable and in fact still in the top of their roles. Examples being Ange, Eyja, Silverash, Saria, etc.

True. I also like that they're sticking to their apparent promise to not make limited operators broken and must have, on top of having very little limited operators to begin with.

It is my sincere hope it stays this way. The fact that other OP units like Blaze and Surtr can not only spook you at any time, but they can also appear in the shop in the future.

Yes! After FGO the fact there're barely any limited operators was one of reasons I even felt like giving AK a shot. Like lol, FGO is out for over 5 years now and yet the number of SSR in permanent banner are like less than 30.

Norainhere posted:

Nice job! I like your timing with Gravel, blocking both Faust's critical shots and random enemies in Ifrit's death lane. Seems pretty efficient, if stressful.

Thanks! Yea, half way the run I had issue with leaking some enemies and it was really frustrating, but after dozens of tries and errors I figured when and how exactly I need to deploy Gravel to fix all of this. Honestly at the end it was super clean run, where I was just following the exact order and it was guarantee to succeed, so by that point doing all of it felt really easy. I really liked that I truly used all operators I brought to their fullest potential.

I always said it, but especially here when I started to record my runs yesterday, cos I was sure I'm 1 step from winning it and wanted to capture it, really helped when I could just go back to see what exactly went wrong and think about how to address it instead of previous something not working and me going "????????" because I was too focused on other things and had no idea what happened.

Myrtle soloing the invisible enemies was a surprise; I didn't think she could take them down by herself with the +Defense risk.

Yea. I was really proud of that, cos I don't think anyone did it and that was the main reason I wanted to make video. When figuring strategy at first I kept running into issue of either not having anyone to block left side or right side. At some point I got annoyed and just put Myrtle there and amazingly she actually managed to kill the guy and not die herself. Also while placement wasn't unique, I think the way I used Weedy was pretty clever as well.

EDIT/ Wow. New contracts are hard. I don't think I can really increase my risk, but I'll see. Also damn those risks on daily are brutal. Sniper soft ban when half of enemies are drones. Someone at HG is a sadist.

last edited at Feb 11, 2021 9:15AM

joined Apr 30, 2020

I managed to get Risk 24, though I just pretty much copied this strategy, except I used Bagpipe instead of Weedy. Not as satisfying as coming up with my own strategy, but considering how long it took me to clear it I'm happy.

Congrats as well. It's also well-earned effort to pull off a strat in practice.

By the way, has anyone seen any Saga ships? I was looking over at Pixiv and Lofter but I've mostly either seen her solo or with Ceobe (both being hungry doggo-type characters?), but nothing really shippy.

Sadly no. Seems Dusk is more popular in that regard.

Also damn those risks on daily are brutal. Sniper soft ban when half of enemies are drones. Someone at HG is a sadist.

Reminds me of old drone map when it also banned snipers and casters. Gotta use Magallan or bust. For today, I think Angelina and Eyja with their AoE bursts can do it max risk. Probably alternate the two. Unfortunately my Ejya doesn't have masteries so I can only settle for risk 8.

Also gotta share this, a wholesome moment for the Lungmen characters which can only exist in dreams now. The girl with the antlers next to Talulah is Alina, Talulah's dead girl friend. And my favorite pair

last edited at Feb 11, 2021 2:05PM

Shiri1
joined Aug 13, 2019

Ayy finished my yuri ship Risk 18. I feel like I could get the risk one or two higher, but I can't be assed right now (yes, exutex is the vastly superior ship wanna fight?).

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

whatayuri posted:

Ayy finished my yuri ship Risk 18. I feel like I could get the risk one or two higher, but I can't be assed right now (yes, exutex is the vastly superior ship wanna fight?).

Gj! I mean I ship them too (mostly because I use them together a lot).

joined May 28, 2016

Wow Surtr's self damaging ability with her S3 sure is a lot. I saw video using no less than 7! medics and/or healing defenders just to keep her alive.

last edited at Feb 11, 2021 8:31PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Wow Surtr's self damaging ability with her S3 sure is a lot. I saw video using no less than 7! medics and/or healing defenders just to keep her alive.

[Medic harem intensifies]

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

Yeahhhh, but you're not supposed to keep her alive LOL. Her S3 is basically a nuke you put down to annihilate some peeps and then retreat and do it again once her cooldown is done. Her skill says that she'll continously lose HP where the percentage lost increases as time goes on, capping at 20% per second. It's the fact that it's a percentage based health drain that makes it so hard for her to stay alive.

On another note, I really hated the last 2 daily stages cause I had to do risk 13 for both since max risk was too difficult without leveling my units more. I really don't want to level anyone beyond E2 Lv40 so I'll just sacrifice the bragging rights of getting max risk lol.

joined Apr 30, 2020

Such a cultured team comp. Congrats. Very much approve of Ange x Croissant. While my preferred ship is indeed Texland, ExuTex does mean my secret ship Lappland x Sora can sail XD

Still waiting for a certain character to become playable so I can make my yuri squad.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

While my preferred ship is indeed Texland, ExuTex does mean my secret ship Lappland x Sora can sail XD

Lappland and Sora hooking up because their beloved Texas is no longer available...this appeals to me. You could probably play it for angst or comedy (or both), too!
Speaking of which, Lappland x Sora comic

joined May 28, 2016

You mean Sora doesn't turn into a yandere and make her rival for Texas "disappear"?

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

You mean Sora doesn't turn into a yandere and make her rival for Texas "disappear"?

Yandere!Sora has a different sort of appeal.
...Come to think of it, a story where Sora is about to go all "If I can't have you, no one can!" on Texas and is calmed down by a weirded-out Lappland feels like it'd be amusingly ironic.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Did only risk 8 for drones map. I didn't have enough operators to do any higher risks and I struggled to do it with snipers already.

塞雷娅 posted:

I really don't want to level anyone beyond E2 Lv40

Why exactly?

Norainhere posted:

Yandere!Sora has a different sort of appeal.
...Come to think of it, a story where Sora is about to go all "If I can't have you, no one can!" on Texas and is calmed down by a weirded-out Lappland feels like it'd be amusingly ironic.

Meanwhile I'll hid myself with my crackship Exusiai x Jessica.

last edited at Feb 12, 2021 4:33AM

joined Jul 26, 2020

I really don't want to level anyone beyond E2 Lv40

Why exactly?

Logical answer: it takes too much resources and it'd rather spend it on promoting more operators instead of pooling it on one.

Non-logical answer: I'm too OCD to change it now that I've been keeping everyone at E2 Lv40 for forever and if I level one person I would need to do it for everyone.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

塞雷娅 posted:

Logical answer: it takes too much resources and it'd rather spend it on promoting more operators instead of pooling it on one.

Yea. Another thing this CC taught me. While lvls are important, stats grow isn't that big and the biggest impact after E2 and first initial lvls is mastering skills. Sure once you did everything and has nothing better to do, you can start lvling them, but trying to max lvl from the get go isn't really that impactful.

Non-logical answer: I'm too OCD to change it now that I've been keeping everyone at E2 Lv40 for forever and if I level one person I would need to do it for everyone.

Same. I try to keep everyone in the same lvl range, mostly so they're on equal power and I can compere them, because once I'd have few operates way higher than rest, I'd just keep using them. Which already kinda happened once I started E2 them. Now I almost exclusively use only those operators.

joined Jul 26, 2020

Today's Pyrite Gorge daily ended up being laughably easy. Thorns + Silverash + Angelina + Suzuran = 60% increase in health and 50% defense boost literally don't matter. I thought I wouldn't be able to do max risk so I tried without the 60% increase since my operators aren't max level, but turns out that wasn't even necessary! The only thing "harder" at max risk was timing Ange's skills correctly so that she can kill the wraiths before they zoom out of range.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ Easy? Pffft I gave up on that shit. I'll take the easy way out. Unless I find a way to do it with what I have on YT.
Yesterday was tight but not SUPER hard. W ended up tanking fully powered up javelins for a around 30 seconds, I love this crazy woman.
Was not motivated at all a few days ago and missed 2 days, just like last time.

Rolled one final 10 roll. 6 star bag.
Fucking Saria again. I got a couple of 5* pots at least. I think I saw Blaze will be in the shop in like half a year...guess I'll have to wait. No luck on Bagpipe.

joined Apr 30, 2020

4 only seemed really hard tho but then seeing 塞雷娅's post, might as well try since I have all those ops. Didn't go max risk since I don't have the masteries for it but I cleared risk 8 with the same ops and probably the same strat.

I think I saw Blaze will be in the shop in like half a year...guess I'll have to wait.

With Skadi and Ch'en being in the shop some time ago which approximates to 1 year since their release, we can expect Blaze around late May or June.

Anyway, Happy Valentines with my favorite ship

joined May 28, 2016

I haven't seen any of that ship but I have seen some Dobermann x Jessica images though. I read a fanfic with Vanilla x Deepcolor too.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rye posted:

^ Easy? Pffft I gave up on that shit. I'll take the easy way out. Unless I find a way to do it with what I have on YT.
Yesterday was tight but not SUPER hard. W ended up tanking fully powered up javelins for a around 30 seconds, I love this crazy woman.

Yea. I had pretty good setup for yesterday's daily, but still couldn't really pull off max risk, so I settled for 8 as always. Same for today's. Doing it normally was pain enough with figuring timings etc and with movement risk and tiles ban my setup fallen apart, so like screw it. I don't have Suzuran, Silverash and Thorns to even attempt doing the "easy" way (not that I want to anyway). I guess this CC I'm really happy I'm doing all the risk 8s relatively easy and didn't need guide even once. Next one hopefully I'll M3 all my favorite operators and have varied enough roster to deal with anything they throw at me. I'm working on risk 25 for perma map, but I reach the point where I really am feeling lack of all relevant M3s, so I guess I'm hitting my limit. Hopefully next CC I can aim for max.

Rolled one final 10 roll. 6 star bag.
Fucking Saria again. I got a couple of 5* pots at least. I think I saw Blaze will be in the shop in like half a year...guess I'll have to wait. No luck on Bagpipe.

pat

Sakura Cartelet posted:

I haven't seen any of that ship but I have seen some Dobermann x Jessica images though. I read a fanfic with Vanilla x Deepcolor too.

It comes from the fact that my default snipers are Executor, Exusiai and Jessice, so I kinda started to imagine that Exusiai and Jessica are into each other and Executor is a wingman.

last edited at Feb 14, 2021 3:03PM

joined May 28, 2016

Executor has Flamebringer though.

To reply you must either login or sign up.