Forum › Arknights!

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Wow yes! Saga looks really great and I like her gimmick as well. Seems like there's a lot potential for new strategies and messing around with her. I really like that AK sticks to not making limited OPs, well, op. It's another 6 star from limited banner that might be better than the actual limited operator (well we don't know the skills yet, but you get the point).

joined Jul 26, 2016

Therapist: "Neko Tomoe Gozen can't de gozaru you, she isn't real"

Neko Tomoe Gozen:

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Well I now have all of the dorms at 5000/5000. It took a LOT of LMD but I think it might me worth it in the long run. Am going to level my Training Room and one factory to level 3 once my drones get replenished.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Finally beat H7-3. I struggle a bit at first, but I'm really happy with my run. Also it's actually a secret Curoa spotlight.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Anyone have any idea of how popular the operators are in EN? The poll video I saw for CN had W in 4th and Exusiai as number 1. Texas and SilverAsh were also in the top 10 operators. It wasn't too recent as Rosmontis, Mudrock, and other new operators weren't in there.

last edited at Jan 30, 2021 7:51PM

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

To those who want her, Ch'en will be in the shop along with Warfarin. And on Wed/Thurs, CC#2 starts along with Joint Op#2 banner. Banner is good if you don't have the 6 stars and/or 5 stars. Also has both Blaze and Greythroat if anyone wants to complete that pairing or just want Blaze for meta.

In CN stuff, limited operator Dusk officially revealed. Her skills look interesting. Her skill 2 seems like a better version of Gitano's while her skill 3 has summons. We don't know the numbers yet so we're not sure if she'll be meta good especially since she's kinda gimped by being an AoE caster. Regardless, painter girl voiced by Yukana (is that you Hokusai?) is definitely worth getting for me when she arrives in EN.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Yea, she looks interesting. Since I'll be rolling limited banner anyway, it'd be nice getting her, especially considering I liked Nian.

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

I just love how she uses a sword but is a caster lol

joined Jul 26, 2016

[Lava coughs meaningfully and fiddles with her dagger]

I mean it's pretty well established that the exact physical shapes of the soi-disant "staff" devices used to help manipulate Arts are quite irrelevant - Liskarm's is built into her shield for ex, Gitano uses a freaking crystal ball, Istina and Haze use books and not a few seem to do entirely without. The prevalence of actual "wizard's staves" (with or without a knob on the end) and "wands" in that role seems to be little more than a cultural convention; it could be speculated that might be a relic of older times when such would have served as badges of rank, office and profession as several are described to be ancient family heirlooms or otherwise of considerable antiquity.

Ofc if even half of what Nian hints of her actual nature is true then it's probably safe to assume such tools are purely symbolic props for her eldritch ilk anyway...

joined Jul 26, 2020

In Dusk's instance, she doesn't just use her sword for arts, but she also uses it for art. Every attack looks like a brush stroke full of ink.

I was just saying that for the memes, but I just think it's interesting how she's using her sword as a catalyst and how both she and Nian have used swords so far. I wonder if Nian is the one who forged it for her or it was created through different means.

If Arknights continues with bringing out Nian's siblings one after the other, then maybe we'll be seeing more sword users in different classes if they follow the same pattern shown thus far.

joined Jul 26, 2016

In Dusk's instance, she doesn't just use her sword for arts, but she also uses it for art. Every attack looks like a brush stroke full of ink.

That actually seems to be something of a current fad in CN/KR games; both Honkai and Vindictus recently added characters with that sort of visual effect to their attacks (albeit both empty-hand fighters), and that's just the ones I know of.

joined Jul 26, 2020

Traditional aesthetics making a comeback maybe? I know China has a hanfu revival and bringing back cultural aesthetics and practices is much more common recently than before so it might be a combination of that. Either that or it's just cause it's Chinese New Years season and traditional ink paintings are in.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Either that or it's just cause it's Chinese New Years season and traditional ink paintings are in.

Big doubt, the Honk and Vindi examples were implemented months ago on the global servers and duly still earlier on their home CN/KR ones. My bet would be devs shameless bandwagoning on some recent fad over there, be it in vidyas or wider popular culture. (Sorta like how you can fairly reliably date many a game or movie by then-fashionable hairstyles.)

Not that the distinctive aesthetic of those old ink paintings wasn't timelessly classical ofc.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Shining also has a sword despite being a medic.

I am probably going to skip this banner since I don't need any of the rate up operators. I like my Skadi more then Ch'en too.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Been doing nothing but clearing challenge mode stages. I have to get all the skins! More incoming!
Banners include Blaze, Bagpipe, Mostima...wtf...rip I HAVE to roll.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Took me like over 100 attempts, but I finally beat H7-4. I'm quite proud of my strat, cos I never let Patriot near blue boxes.

joined Jul 26, 2020

New Nian skin looks pretty good. Too bad I do not care for cheongsams or the Manchu aesthetic at all. I'll still buy the skin when it comes to global, but will I have any feelings about it? Nope.

I much prefer hanfus and the ancient Chinese aesthetic so I'm hoping we either get an operator with that aesthetic or a skin. Saga is in traditional Japanese garb so I think there's a chance, but it probably won't be for another year when we get a new Nian sibling.

Can't really see any of the Lungmen peeps getting a hanfu skin cause none of them fit the "ancient person" aesthetic hanfu clothing tends to be used for. For a better image of what I'm talking about, think clothes used in the xianxia and wuxia genres.

The only real case I can see of them using hanfu is for a Nian sibling who's stuck in the past or is more old-fashioned. Dusk could get a skin just off her being into ink paintings and those date back quite a while, but I won't hold my breath for that.

joined Apr 30, 2020

Took me like over 100 attempts, but I finally beat H7-4. I'm quite proud of my strat, cos I never let Patriot near blue boxes.

Wow, Cuora vs Patriot. Centuries old wendigo tanked by a turtle. Congrats.

I mean it's pretty well established that the exact physical shapes of the soi-disant "staff" devices used to help manipulate Arts are quite irrelevant - Liskarm's is built into her shield for ex, Gitano uses a freaking crystal ball, Istina and Haze use books and not a few seem to do entirely without. The prevalence of actual "wizard's staves" (with or without a knob on the end) and "wands" in that role seems to be little more than a cultural convention; it could be speculated that might be a relic of older times when such would have served as badges of rank, office and profession as several are described to be ancient family heirlooms or otherwise of considerable antiquity.

I do wonder what that means for Amiya who seems to not use any catalyst unless it's the demonic sword inside of her

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

myrrhmidon posted:

Wow, Cuora vs Patriot. Centuries old wendigo tanked by a turtle. Congrats.

Yes xD Yea, Cuora still the best tank x3 Thanks!

I like how after Patriot dies for the first time it looks like "Kneel before me!" - Cuora, probably.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ I almost feel bad for not E2ing her yet.

......I messed up! I didn't notice the returning skins expired yesterday LOL
My avatar represents me so well.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rye posted:

......I messed up! I didn't notice the returning skins expired yesterday LOL
My avatar represents me so well.

pats

I'm ready for CC. Also never made album in imgur before so wasn't sure how it works, I think I managed to do it right... Anyway, I put them on support in case someone don't have either of them.

I also have all the mats ready to E2 Hellagur, Angelina and Weedy, but no LMD...

Also got Blaze from banner. Honestly preferred Mostima, but still can't complain, especially since it wasn't another Hellagur. I love the guy, but I want to get all 6 stars first. Also it retroactively justified me picking Angelina over Blaze (not that I wanted Blaze, cos OP, but now that I got her, I'll probably use her + I do like her as a character).

last edited at Feb 4, 2021 12:32PM

joined Jul 26, 2020

Only did 10 pulls and got Greythroat. Didn't really expect to get anything so I don't mind getting an extra pot for her. I'm still saving everything I got for Surtr's banner so I'll just be waiting for her.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Let's see since this isn't the banner I wasn't interested in I got: Cardigan (Pot 6), Mousse (Pot 2), Ansel (Pot 100+), Matoimaru (Pot 4), Haze (Pot 6+, Nearl (Pot 2) in this order.

last edited at Feb 4, 2021 4:06PM

joined Apr 30, 2020

Risk 18 cleared. Didn't follow any guides this time so took me a while to get used to the wave timings. Didn't like the ballista risk so I had to get used to the timing of Faust's attack all over again. It was fun tho and very satisfying.

joined Jul 26, 2020

Okay cleared risk 18. Thorns is literally OP lol. Also Phantom was there but didn't actually do anything. Gravel however, is the MVP here tanking all the crit shots from Faust.

I also cleared the daily map with risk 8 but I'm probs gonna put off trying to max risk it tomorrow since I forgot CC started today and my brain just isn't in the mood to think rn.

To reply you must either login or sign up.