Forum › Arknights!

Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

I finally got chapter 2 done and got up to the stage where I unlocked the third level of my base. :)

joined Jul 26, 2016

Finally got around to E2ing Ptilopsis (yay rock farming), haha SP printer go brrrrrrr

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

Also, a ship I didn't really expect - angsty Amiya x W comic

Interesting. Especially if the theory that Theresa or at least a part of her is inside Amiya becomes true.

Finally got around to E2ing Ptilopsis (yay rock farming), haha SP printer go brrrrrrr

Can never escape rock hell. Mudrock save us! (her base skill helps produce rock byproducts)

Speaking of, Grani event shop should have rocks but less than the original run which is sad.

EDIT: Beeswax and Chiave on a separate rate up banner during Grani event rerun. I have no words. I don't know what to expect now.

last edited at Nov 23, 2020 12:20AM

joined Apr 30, 2020

I can't believe my luck. From a single Defense tag, I got Vulcan. Best doggo Ceobe helped. I set her as my secretary for that placebo effect XD. Also got to 300 recruitments so I went for guaranteed Indra

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I can't believe my luck. From a single Defense tag, I got Vulcan. Best doggo Ceobe helped. I set her as my secretary for that placebo effect XD. Also got to 300 recruitments so I went for guaranteed Indra

Nice. I just got the 300 recruitments ticket too and Indra too.

Also, there's a poll for the current Contingency Contract on Gamepress. Check it out if you're interested in what contracts/operators other players used. Unsurprisingly, it looks like barely anyone else used Lappland and Shining like I did.

joined Apr 30, 2020

Also, there's a poll for the current Contingency Contract on Gamepress. Check it out if you're interested in what contracts/operators other players used. Unsurprisingly, it looks like barely anyone else used Lappland and Shining like I did.

Yeah the results are about as much as I expected. Seeing Siege and Texas higher than Bagpipe tho. I'd expect that Myrtle being higher than those three meant she got partnered with Bagpipe most of the time. Not that I'm an expert since I used the vanilla strat of Siege + Bagpipe like a lot of other players. If we ever catch up to CN, it would be interesting what team compositions each server comes up with.

Also art dump: this one artist that loves Meteor x Angelina. There's an implied futa in there but it's very minor. On the other hand, this very NSFW HoshiChen compilation has explicit futa.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Back after being 2 weeks dead.

Norainhere posted:

Managed to get Asbestos, though I used a lot more of my rolls than I wanted and ended up wasting my W pity. My last roll ended up being really good too so I really shouldn't complain lol

Wow ;O That's a amazing roll!

I was pretty lucky too, since I spend all my Orundum rolling for Eyja, I wanted to save now, so I was only rolling single rolls for guarantee. On Asbestos/Tsukinogi banner I got FEater with first roll, so I'm not complaining here, since I couldn't get her during Eyja banner and I wanted her to complete shift memes. Then when rolling on Exu banner I got her with second roll (probably thanks to pity), so that was amazing. Also got Platinum from shop I was interested in, so that was also nice.

After Wolumonde I was burnt out and wanted to take a break (I really wanted them to give us 1 week break), so I didn't touch CC for first day and only started playing first rotating map when there was only few hours left. I managed to beat it at risk 4, but I run out of time to clear it with risk 8. I could increase risk 1 by 1, but it'd take longer and I figured if I just beat it on 8 I'll clear all rewards in 1 go. I was really close to beating it up run out of time and switched to guides too late so I didn't finish it before stage changed. Rest I beat easily, cos it was all old maps so either I remembered how I beat it last time or now with better operators was able to easier to beat it myself. One 1 hand it lets me be done with daily maps faster, but on the other I was kinda disappointed most maps were reused. Most risks were much easier than last time, but some gave me more trouble. Only other one I didn't beat was Area 59 Ruins, because I again got to it when I had little time left and was too late to switch to guide. I beat the drone map myself when it showed again though.

myrrhmidon posted:

Didn't need Guardknights for today's daily. Glad I E2'd Zima. Nice to have a tanky vanguard tho the initial reason was so she can be E2 with Istina.

I used E1 lvl 40 Courier (I have E1 lvl 55 Zima, but figured I'll use Courier cos he costs less, it didn't really matter that much though). It was pretty fun stalling throwing solders with Gravel/Projekt Red combo. My strategy was to just make them go as long as possible and let them die on their own, because I remembered from last CC that I couldn't put sniper on tile above them, cos they could reach there. I only learned you could after I already beat the stage... Well when it showed up next time beating it was just much easier, cos both time I took tiles risk cos it never removed tiles I was using. I recorded my day 1 run to share and cos I thought it was pretty cool. Didn't bother with rest cos I didn't think my strategies were that interesting/didn't feel like bothering.

I managed to do 10 risks on perma map and half of challenges, but I honestly have no clue how to go from there. Also no clue how to do challenges where they ask you to kill Crownslayer with 100% arts res without snipers and 180% def wraiths without casters/guards. Ok, I get that I'm supposed to use those explosive generators or w/e but my strategy was to not detonate them, because I wasn't able to figure out how to set my operators to defend before I open the path and after. I'll probably try a bit today and then go for guides, but I'm not sure it's even doable with my operators and I pretty much got everything that mattered from shop, so I'm fine with not clearing everything.

Also the song before operation was nice, but who the hell came up with that head-splitting noise during the actual mission? I had to turn music off, cos it was unlistenable, which especially sucks because I really like Arknights music and unlike FGO I never felt the need to use my own music when playing.

I did the survey for the whole 1 permit (they're really stingy with permits in general, but hard to complain since everything else is so generous) and I'm not sure if I gave them wrong ID, cos I still didn't get it and it was like 3-4 days already since I submitted it.

So we're jumping into Grani event immediately after CC. Ngl I wish we could get a break, especially since I answered that I like the current pace, since we were getting 1 week break between events so far, but now suddenly they're rushing it and that's not the pace I meant. Also on topic of that event, so I understand that if you played event before you don't get first time clear rewards, but was there some repeatable rewards that are not available now or something or outside of first clears event will be exactly the same as before?

Also it was a while since I got senior or top operator tag.

Finally E2 Texas and now working on Lappland to complete the hate-fucking love triangle. I E2 Cuora and Meteorite some time ago and recently Myrtle and Perfumer. My line up starts to finally look decent. Also damn that's a lot of rocks those operators want, at least Orirock Cluster is rare high rarity mat with high drop rate so farming it is relatively fast.

BTW. I totally forgot to ask it before, but whenever you go to base you hear random operators quote and for some time I heard that 1 line I really liked, but couldn't figure out which operator it was. Turns out it was Projekt Red that I didn't have at the time. Anyone can explain it?

Also another thing. I had issue with Kroos and Fang base skills. It seemed like Kroos skill wasn't charging properly while Fangs was. After finally deciding to testing it out I figured out that even if I won't touch Kroos and remove or add other operators, it still counts as her being added and so it resets her skill back to starting point, which was very frustrating, cos I always made sure to not remove her when I already put her to work. But fine, I decided to just work around it, but then I notice that Fang doesn't have that issue. As long as you won't remove her, you can remove and add other operators as many times as you want and her skill won't reset. I get that Kroos and Fang have different values 15%/2% and 20%/1% but the basic mechanic of the skill should still be the same, so why they work differently. I thought maybe they're codded differently, which is common with newer units, but I think Kroos and Fang were both in the game from the beginning. What's up with that?

myrrhmidon posted:

Gj! I'm getting close with 210 recruitments.

Norainhere posted:

As for other CC-related stuff, in the current CC event on the Chinese server there's a support contract that cuts down your operators' redeployment time.

Yesterday's Transport Hub had this support contract too.

last edited at Nov 24, 2020 7:25AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Norainhere posted:

Aak's gonna die

I can't see it cos user doesn't allow everyone to see their tweets, I assume I need to follow them in order to see it and I can't just follow them, because I need to wait for user to accept my following. Thanks twitter for giving option for people to only show their tweets to people who follow them, very helpful and "makes conversations easier and more open".

joined Apr 30, 2020

I did the survey for the whole 1 permit (they're really stingy with permits in general, but hard to complain since everything else is so generous) and I'm not sure if I gave them wrong ID, cos I still didn't get it and it was like 3-4 days already since I submitted it.

Just to be clear you're supposed to use the eight digit string of numbers under your name in the main menu.

So we're jumping into Grani event immediately after CC. Ngl I wish we could get a break, especially since I answered that I like the current pace, since we were getting 1 week break between events so far, but now suddenly they're rushing it and that's not the pace I meant. Also on topic of that event, so I understand that if you played event before you don't get first time clear rewards, but was there some repeatable rewards that are not available now or something or outside of first clears event will be exactly the same as before?

I too wasn't expecting the rerun until next week cause previous CCs had a few days break after. It's not just the pace. The fact that CC#2's banner will run during the rerun means Yostar is just doing whatever and we don't what to expect. Btw, Grani event rerun was just a month ago in CN. As for your question, originite primes acquired from first clears will not be given if you have cleared the stages before. The shop also has less stuff in it than before. For example, from ten orirock concentration to just two now. Drops are still the same and so are the high drop rates so still best time to farm loxic kohl and grindstone.

BTW. I totally forgot to ask it before, but whenever you go to base you hear random operators quote and for some time I heard that 1 line I really liked, but couldn't figure out which operator it was. Turns out it was Projekt Red that I didn't have at the time. Anyone can explain it?

I forget if it is random or due to clue visitation. If someone visits your base, the op they have as their secretary will appear in your base and that may trigger the line you hear.

Also another thing. I had issue with Kroos and Fang base skills. It seemed like Kroos skill wasn't charging properly while Fangs was. After finally deciding to testing it out I figured out that even if I won't touch Kroos and remove or add other operators, it still counts as her being added and so it resets her skill back to starting point, which was very frustrating, cos I always made sure to not remove her when I already put her to work. But fine, I decided to just work around it, but then I notice that Fang doesn't have that issue. As long as you won't remove her, you can remove and add other operators as many times as you want and her skill won't reset. I get that Kroos and Fang have different values 15%/2% and 20%/1% but the basic mechanic of the skill should still be the same, so why they work differently. I thought maybe they're codded differently, which is common with newer units, but I think Kroos and Fang were both in the game from the beginning. What's up with that?

I never noticed. Sorry, can't help.

Gj! I'm getting close with 210 recruitments.

Thanks. I've wanted Vulcan for pairing with Ceobe but damn my luck in recruitment hasn't been good until now. Even then, I had hoped to get Exusia from recruitment but well, had to buy from shop instead.

Norainhere posted:

Aak's gonna die

I can't see it cos user doesn't allow everyone to see their tweets, I assume I need to follow them in order to see it and I can't just follow them, because I need to wait for user to accept my following. Thanks twitter for giving option for people to only show their tweets to people who follow them, very helpful and "makes conversations easier and more open".

Something must have happened cause that wasn't the case when that was posted here. I hope the artist is doing okay.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

myrrhmidon posted:

Just to be clear you're supposed to use the eight digit string of numbers under your name in the main menu.

Yes. Tbh I had no idea it existed until survey mentioned it. I'm pretty sure I wrote it down correctly, but since I got nothing maybe I didn't.

The fact that CC#2's banner will run during the rerun means Yostar is just doing whatever and we don't what to expect.

Honestly I don't like the implication of that. I really wish we won't suddenly go MR route.

Btw, Grani event rerun was just a month ago in CN.

Yea, I noticed how weird it was for running a rerun already, when we didn't even reached our first year anniversary.

For example, from ten orirock concentration to just two now.

Kk. So it's just less stuff in shop. Sucks, but I guess it's not end of the world. Thanks.

Drops are still the same and so are the high drop rates so still best time to farm loxic kohl and grindstone.

Yea I saw and it's perfect time to stack up back on Loxic Kohl, since I used up everything I farmed during AF.

I forget if it is random or due to clue visitation. If someone visits your base, the op they have as their secretary will appear in your base and that may trigger the line you hear.

Oh, that would make sense. I figured it's just random then, but visitors' assistants make more sense.

Something must have happened cause that wasn't the case when that was posted here. I hope the artist is doing okay.

Och. Yea, it's a reason to worry if user suddenly limited tweets visibility.

joined Jul 26, 2016

"The tickets will be given out the next week after the survey ends."
- official Discord notification of the survey

P sure that was also mentioned in the survey page itself but can't check it again after filling it.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

random posted:

"The tickets will be given out the next week after the survey ends."
- official Discord notification of the survey

P sure that was also mentioned in the survey page itself but can't check it again after filling it.

I thought I read everything, but maybe I only glanced over it. Either way, I thought so, but good to get some confirmation. Thanks.

Smallpred
joined Jun 29, 2015

Today's daily was causing me a bit of trouble until I realized I can use Ethan as bait for the freeze. So even with him being entirely unlevelled I was able to risk 8. Back to grinding for Siege...

We are getting tne zoom feature on EN now, I'm only gonna use it for meme shots I'm going to send to my friend haha

last edited at Nov 24, 2020 8:31PM

Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

I tried CC once and couldn't even do Risk 0.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Ok, after actually giving it a shot I managed to do all challenges from first week. For no casters/guards I had to use support Ange and I really liked using her (mostly because she's so strong), so now she's next operator I'd really want to have. Didn't have time to figure out ones from second week, so I just used guides. So only thing I didn't do was doing more than risk 10. I tried risk 12 and I should be able to pull it off, but I didn't have enough time left and I made too many mistakes. And I wouldn't be able to do more than that anyway since in order to do higher risks you needed to have SilverAsh, Eyja, Ange and/or Saria, so since I only have Eyja and didn't E2 Saria, I wasn't able to do it even with support. I saw you could pull it off with lower rarities if you had Deepcolor or Mayer, but I didn't invest in either yet. I feel like ultimately this CC was harder than last one if you don't have certain operators, because they're crucial. Last CC was much more flexible and I was able to do it without any E2s. Still, in the end I had fun and did everything I could. I really wish I had enough time to E2 more operators and do their masteries, but hopefully I'll be better prepared next time. Also I kinda changed my mind about SilverAsh, Blaze and other "overpowered" operators, since I have no issue using other 6 stars like Exusiai or Eyja, who are equally strong. Now I kinda wonder if maybe I made mistake picking Ifrit over SilverAsh, but she still helped me a lot.

last edited at Nov 25, 2020 11:24AM

joined Apr 30, 2020

Congrats. Also, I don't think there is a "mistake" in picking certain ops over others. There's probably people out there who have Nightingale as their first 6 star and must have felt proud having her save their asses in Wolumonde and soon in Darknights Memoirs. Of course gamebreakers being what they are will always be preferred but one does not necessarily have to be a meta slave to beat the game. I think perhaps if you had more time, you could have beaten risk 18. Nevertheless, I think it's still good to beat what you can given the ops you have.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Iffy is horrendously strong when you can find a good lane for her but her quirky attack range limits her applicability. Silverdaddy is much more of a generalist - he can't annihilate whole lanes at once and has the usual physical-attacker issues with beefy bois (activated S3 aside, but that has long recharge) but it's a rare map indeed where you couldn't find a spot for him, and his passives bring a lot of utility.

...I think my first E2 6*s were Iffy and Nightingale actually. Both came in very handy getting that full clear on Anni3.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

myrrhmidon posted:

I think perhaps if you had more time, you could have beaten risk 18. Nevertheless, I think it's still good to beat what you can given the ops you have.

I did pretty much not touch permanent map for a week or so, since I assumed I can't go higher than 10, so I didn't even try, but still I invested in a lot of operators but most aren't even max lvl E1 or skill lvl 7, so I couldn't/had much harder time with pulling off some strategies, since my operators dealt less dmg/weren't as durable. So even if I took it more seriously, idk how higher I could go, but still thanks nonetheless.

random posted:

Iffy is horrendously strong when you can find a good lane for her but her quirky attack range limits her applicability.

Yes, I really like her gimmick and always try to find ways to use her. After all my go to operator is Executor, so I'm used to clunky setups and building team around single operator. I used her on perma map to defend right side, but she only works when you don't detonate generator so I couldn't use her once risks demanded using it.

...I think my first E2 6*s were Iffy and Nightingale actually. Both came in very handy getting that full clear on Anni3.

Mine were Eyja and Exu obviously. I'm currently working on E2 Ifrit as well.

Lol. That's bs. Since I did the second week challenges hour before event ended and was rushing to try getting some higher risks on perma map I totally forgot to spend my points in shop. I wanted to do it now, but turns out they removed shop already and only left tokens, banners, skins etc. Good thing I was spending my currency immediately and only had 230 now, but still I'm annoyed cos I wanted to buy as many Trihydrates/Pentaydrates as I could...

Also I figured Kroos/Fang thing. They both resets. I just forgot Gravel's base skill is better and gives 35%, hence it seemed like Fang wasn't resetting, when in fact she was as well.

last edited at Nov 25, 2020 1:28PM

joined Apr 30, 2020

Lol. That's bs. Since I did the second week challenges hour before event ended and was rushing to try getting some higher risks on perma map I totally forgot to spend my points in shop. I wanted to do it now, but turns out they removed shop already and only left tokens, banners, skins etc. Good thing I was spending my currency immediately and only had 230 now, but still I'm annoyed cos I wanted to buy as many Trihydrates/Pentaydrates as I could...

Oh. That's a bit unfortunate but currency does save for the next CC so you could spend your leftover currency for the next CC's shop.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

myrrhmidon posted:

Oh. That's a bit unfortunate but currency does save for the next CC so you could spend your leftover currency for the next CC's shop.

Och. Since I figured it'd go to waste anyway I bought those 2 banners I didn't get since I maxed out all 4 dormitories so I don't care about furniture anymore...

Now that I think about it, it does make sense. I was supposed to ask about it before, if the fact the CC shop and training grounds were still available after first CC ended and if it was bug or something, but I guess since they're never removed, the currency would be carried over. Och well, I'll know for next time.

last edited at Nov 25, 2020 2:38PM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

The next Contingency Contract store contains Devices, so I'm planning on splurging out with all of my saved currency then. IIRC Devices are one of the most inefficient materials to grind for normally sanity-wise so I might as well. Also the next store has Scene, who's considered one of the stronger - if not the strongest - welfare operators in the game, so it might be good that you didn't spend all your currency this time.

Also, a feature that I only just learned about now that we might be getting on the global server soon is Assistant Image Resizing.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Norainhere posted:

Also the next store has Scene, who's considered one of the stronger - if not the strongest - welfare operators in the game, so it might be good that you didn't spend all your currency this time.

Well I did spend all my currency. But so far in both CCs I was able to easily get all copies of welfares and tokens, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Huh, didn't realize the "Aak's gonna die" artist closed off their Twitter. Hope nothing too bad happened to them. If anyone was wondering what the comic was, basically it was just Aak saying "Cock on balls" in front of Ceobe, who repeats what he said. Cut to Aak hiding while a pissed-off Vulcan stalks the halls with her sledgehammer, saying she "Just wants to talk" with him.

Crownslayer's anguish

last edited at Nov 26, 2020 1:33AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

No breaks! Farm grindstones!

Also, a feature that I only just learned about now that we might be getting on the global server soon is Assistant Image Resizing.

Been doing that in AL for months now, I like this feature because I can zoom in in lewd places take a better look at the cool skins I buy.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I got Zima from 4 single rolls on Skadi's banner, so that was really nice. Both Beeswax and Chiave looked interesting so I wouldn't mind to drop either or ideally both, so I did 10 roll immediately, but it was sadly a meh min roll. Didn't even get any new 4 stars or ones I didn't max yet, outside of 1 copy of Mousse. My 5 star was Platinum which was still nice. Rate up really hates me.

Also so that new certificate is only for rerun stuff people already got before? Sucks, cos stuff from it really looked nice. Welp at least got 1000 Orundum from maintenance compensation.

last edited at Nov 26, 2020 2:05PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.