Forum › Arknights!

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

The best part is that there's a special cutscene if you let him through the blue box. Perhaps he might be playable in the future??? Also the reveal that he's actually a bird. It wasn't obvious but I guess the whole singing thing was a big hint.

Actually highly doubt he'll be playable since they made it a possibility that he's dead in the main story. Also most people hate his guts compared to W and Mudrock, and he's done way too much harm to Rhodes and other operators who are aligned with Rhodes (Ursus students) so I really don't think they'll let him be recruitable.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I'm also a bit surprised at everyone in the event thinking Mudrock's a guy, given how feminine her voice sounds. I'll just assume that it's a lot more muffled and androgynous through her suit.

The reason I was asking about W was just because she had a skin released. It's not a huge outfit change like some others, but it's nice and casual and I like it a lot. Also because I saw a funny picture of the skin on Twitter (spoilers for W's backstory, I guess)

Also, looks like the Asbestos and Tsukinogi banner's coming up along with the next CC. I've wanted Asbestos for a while, so I'm glad she's up next. Hopefully people jump on the Asbestos x Magallan ship lol

last edited at Nov 7, 2020 10:00PM

Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Matoimaru just got recruited today. She looks kinda psycho. Not sure she'll be replacing Melantha anytime soon though.

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

Actually highly doubt he'll be playable since they made it a possibility that he's dead in the main story. Also most people hate his guts compared to W and Mudrock, and he's done way too much harm to Rhodes and other operators who are aligned with Rhodes (Ursus students) so I really don't think they'll let him be recruitable.

That's fair. I just want to entertain the possibility that since he was in the sarcophagus and there's a possibility he might survive via Kal's operation, he'll end up losing his memories like the Doctor. Basically reborn as a new character. Again, just a possibility but yeah, big doubt.

I'm also a bit surprised at everyone in the event thinking Mudrock's a guy, given how feminine her voice sounds. I'll just assume that it's a lot more muffled and androgynous through her suit.

I thought there would have been more hints about it in the story too but the way it happened for CN just feels really sudden. I say this as an EN player btw. I am not sure if CN players knew all along. Which if it is the case, I wonder where the info came from cause the EN version of Wolumonde didn't reveal anything.

The reason I was asking about W was just because she had a skin released. It's not a huge outfit change like some others, but it's nice and casual and I like it a lot. Also because I saw a funny picture of the skin on Twitter (spoilers for W's backstory, I guess)

Oh lol yeah. The skin shows Hedley and Ines. Tho I am not sure if they count as spoiler characters. But I do definitely think Theresa does count. She's kind of a walking spoiler imo. Same with Priestess.

Also, looks like the Asbestos and Tsukinogi banner's coming up along with the next CC. I've wanted Asbestos for a while, so I'm glad she's up next. Hopefully people jump on the Asbestos x Magallan ship lol

Didn't know that was a ship. Tempted to roll now tho I am being wary about banners between late Nov and late Dec. I don't have a full yuri squad yet and I want to build one. Tho it will be a while... since I am waiting for playable Talulah

Matoimaru just got recruited today. She looks kinda psycho. Not sure she'll be replacing Melantha anytime soon though.

From fanart I've seen, she's housewife material and likes making riceballs for the Doctor.

joined Jul 26, 2016

From fanart I've seen, she's housewife material and likes making riceballs for the Doctor.

She has lines to that end IIRC. Ofc she also has ones to the "berserker blood rage" end sooooo... >_>

Crunch-wise you can treat her as a straight "Melantha Plus" with the option of temporarily zeroing her Defense for extra attack buffs - haha massive HP go brrrrrrr - which can obviously get pretty risky, though doesn't matter against Arts enemies.

If you have Franka, tho, the fox straight up BTFOs both her and Melantha, to speak nothing of Skadi. nobody cares about edgelord Flamebringer being kinda terrible

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

random posted:

(also, lessens the frustration of getting those blasted Clue #4s doubly so if you have Absinthe from the event)

Meh. I gave up trying to use those base skills. Every time I tried to cheat the system, I was getting different clue. I think operator with increased chance gave me the clue they increase chance for only like once. If it's never working, why bother.

myrrhmidon posted:

The best part is that there's a special cutscene if you let him through the blue box. Perhaps he might be playable in the future??? Also the reveal that he's actually a bird. It wasn't obvious but I guess the whole singing thing was a big hint.

Meh. Personally from Reunion leaders I liked FrostNova the most and she actually officially joined Rhodes Island, so theoretically she has the least reason to not be playable and yet she isn't.

CC is next week btw. I will have my Angelina with M3 skill 3 on support for it.

Really? That sucks... I only barely started E2 my operators and mastering their skills. I hoped I'd have a bit more time to prepare before next CC ;/

random posted:

nobody cares about edgelord Flamebringer being kinda terrible

If you even have him in the first place 8D

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Alas I don't have Liskarm's girlfriend/wife Franka. :(

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Speaking of Asbestos, here's a NSFW Asbestos x Magallan comic; it's by the same author as that Eyjafjalla x Ifrit comic from a few pages ago. Magallan tops lol

Also, in addition to the super classy Manticore skin the next Contingency Contract store will also have 15x Aketons, so you probably don't need to worry too much about farming them on TW-7 too much.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Norainhere posted:

Also, in addition to the super classy Manticore skin the next Contingency Contract store will also have 15x Aketons, so you probably don't need to worry too much about farming them on TW-7 too much.

Unless you need way over 15. Like me. And there's never too much mats. Also it assumes I will have points from CC to spare on buying them after I'll first buy all the more important stuff.

joined Apr 30, 2020

Speaking of Asbestos, here's a NSFW Asbestos x Magallan comic; it's by the same author as that Eyjafjalla x Ifrit comic from a few pages ago. Magallan tops lol

Oh so Asbestos was the character I couldn't identify in 334558.

That's good to know. I was planning on focusing on grindstones until Wolumonde event ends.

joined Jul 26, 2020

Meh. I gave up trying to use those base skills. Every time I tried to cheat the system, I was getting different clue. I think operator with increased chance gave me the clue they increase chance for only like once. If it's never working, why bother.

Yeah, you're gonna also need someone to increase the chance of operators getting the clues they are biased for in the control center if you want better chances at that. I usually only do those if I've been missing the clue for a few days but I put Aak in the control center and then whatever operator with the clue I need in the reception center.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

塞雷娅 posted:

Yeah, you're gonna also need someone to increase the chance of operators getting the clues they are biased for in the control center if you want better chances at that. I usually only do those if I've been missing the clue for a few days but I put Aak in the control center and then whatever operator with the clue I need in the reception center.

Nah, I did that too. With Aak&Leizi + relevant operators in reception combo. I never got the clue I was going for like that and I tried 3-4 times, so I decided to screw it. Too much effort and paying attention to timing for it to never work. And now that I maxed out my friend list with people from gamepress sharing thread I don't need to worry about clues anymore anyway.

last edited at Nov 8, 2020 4:17PM

Smallpred
joined Jun 29, 2015

Wolumnde was such a challenging event for me. Asked a friend for help since unlike me she did her research beforehand haha. I still haven't the challenge mode of EX-5, and map 6 onwards, and that other map. Feeling lazy...

This event did help me m3 Eyja's volcano though so yay for that.

joined Apr 30, 2020

New standard banner. FINALLY. Exu can be together with Mostima. More efficiently, I can have the trade post trio of Lapp, Tex, and Exu. This angel's been evading me for too long lol.

Folinic x Suzuran art which was uploaded here got a sequel. I really like it when an op calls another op by their real name instead of their code name. Still hoping for Saria to say "Olivia" at some point.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I'm so dumb...I... FORGOT TO TO ANNI LAST WEEK BECAUSE I KEPT AUTO FARMING!

Eh...at least I got a lot of mats now.
I wish we got a week break before CC. I'm doing a dumb challenge in 3 houses which is keeping my one braincell occupied.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Managed to get Asbestos, though I used a lot more of my rolls than I wanted and ended up wasting my W pity. My last roll ended up being really good too so I really shouldn't complain lol

Also, it's a bit ironic that right after the event where a Contingency Contract more or less ruins a town, we have another Contingency Contract event (I know that's an oversimplification of everything that happened in Wolumonde, but still)

last edited at Nov 12, 2020 12:23AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

I made a single pull on the new banner and instantly got Tsukinogi. I can work with that. ┐(゚~゚)┌

On another note I'm amused by the sheer irony of "Rhodes Island swallow" Greythroat pretty much being established as the district champion of befriending Reunioners.

last edited at Nov 11, 2020 9:56PM

joined Apr 30, 2020

Managed to get Asbestos, though I used a lot more of my rolls than I wanted and ended up wasting my W pity. My last roll ended up being really good too so I really shouldn't complain lol

Wow what a roll. The amount of luck in that roll man... Congrats but I hope you still have luck left for W lol

As for CC, got my first day risk 18 clear. Yeah this CC does seem easier. At least the permanent map. New drone map doesn't seem so bad for first day but I can definitely seeing getting worse.

joined Apr 30, 2020

FINALLY. A ship promoted together stays together.

Now I'm out of exp cards.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ Nice!
I decided to finish up Utage for two big reasons.
... because I don't have Hellagur and I want to use a new duelist.
And her boing boings too, of course

Day 1 was pretty ez, I agree. Haven't touched permanent map yet. Farmed rocks all day for the Utage e2.

joined May 28, 2016

Today was a good day in this game. First roll was Podenco who sounds like a useful dual purpose unit. Second one was Exusiai whom I like using. I got another Gummy via recruitment. My Texas is now E1 level 70.

joined Jul 26, 2020

Well, I did my risk 18 clear. Honestly not in the mood for CC but I gotta get them medals. I'm not gonna try doing any higher than the minimum requirement for all of the rewards so I'll just be sticking to risk 8 dailies and risk 18 permamap, at least until I M3 Saria's 3rd skill. I might try and do higher risks in week 2, but I'm not gonna tryhard it much.

last edited at Nov 13, 2020 6:29PM

joined Apr 30, 2020

Didn't need Guardknights for today's daily. Glad I E2'd Zima. Nice to have a tanky vanguard tho the initial reason was so she can be E2 with Istina.

Smallpred
joined Jun 29, 2015

Ah, this CC perma map has been an exercise in frustration. I've seen people clear risk 18 with comps like mine but I just can't seem to hit it right. Makes me wanna hang my hat until week 2, maybe I'll have better luck.

joined Jul 26, 2020

^ It's a matter of timing and using the right operator at the right time. It took me a few tries too and I was using the basic comp everyone uses with: Bagpipe, Siege, Silverash, Saria, Angelina, Eyjafyalla, and Ptilopsis. The timing with Ange and Eyja's skills are really important, and Saria's S3 needed to be timed right for me cause her S3 is only at lv7. I also needed to redirect aggro away from Eyja on the right using Bagpipe since Ptilopsis doesn't reach all the way.

To reply you must either login or sign up.