Forum › Arknights!

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

^ Speaking of relying on lewdness, I keep getting ads for a new gacha game called Illusion Connect and it's soooo focused on fanservice that I literally cannot bring myself to even think about giving it a chance. And this is coming from someone who actively plays Lord of Heroes, a game which is P2W as fuck since there's PvP. At least with Lord of Heroes, the art doesn't make me want to bleach my eyes and the MC actually looks fucking hot as fuck. Genuinely only playing that game because the MC is totally my type (plus the story is endearingly positive with solid morality even though it's kinda Mary Sue).

It really makes me appreciate games like Arknights and Genshin Impact where you can play completely F2P and be fine while also have great gameplay, art, and lore.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I tried IC out of curiosity. The obligatory male lead started annoying me in record time so kthxdeletebye.

joined Jul 26, 2020

I tried IC out of curiosity. The obligatory male lead started annoying me in record time so kthxdeletebye.

Lol yeah I figured there would be one. At least Arknights doesn't say the gender of the doctor and Genshin lets you choose between Lumine and Aether to play. Lord of Heroes also lets you customize the main character and even let's you choose SKIN COLOR, something I do not see much in these games. It's a Korean game though, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rye posted:

^ Since you got Eyja, you just need a sniper for and a healer for the other lane. You can use your Liskarm to charge skills as well.

Yes, I mean I already beat it with 400 kills, but thanks anyway x3. Good point with Liskarm though. I forgot you can do it. I'm using Nearl and Gummy for additional heals. I'm not entirely happy with my run, but nothing I can do about it with my current operators and it should be reliable to auto. Actually Eyja turned out to not be as good as I thought, since she can't reach all Defenders with volcano and they come in 1 by 1, so I ended up actually using S2 and then she actually kept targeting Junkmen instead of Defenders... I'm considering switching her for Ceobe since she should do better job + she focuses highest def enemies with her S2 on.

塞雷娅 posted:

Also I've been farming TW-6 and TW-7 and they're both really good farming maps. Literally getting the dropped mat like, almost every run. I run out of aketons really easily so I'm glad I can stock up on that.

Yea. The drop rates for TW-6, TW-7 and TW-8 are like around 60%. I just finished grinding 50 grindstones, so they should last me some time (I farmed 50 Loxic Kohl during Ancient Forge and didn't run out of them yet) and will be farming Incandescent Alloy next.

Norainhere posted:

Speaking of spoilers, if anyone's managed to make it to TW-S-1 and TW-S-2 stages you might've noticed a couple of new operators. Well, that's what happens when events are done out of order lol

Yea, I was a bit confused about Phantom and thought it was just operator I didn't see yet. I have to say he's pretty cool and I like his gimmick, but I absolutely hate the fact that his shadow uses up DP limit. It seriously invalidates his uses outside of some gimmicky strategies/CC contracts and such.

last edited at Nov 3, 2020 9:15AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Lol yeah I figured there would be one. At least Arknights doesn't say the gender of the doctor and Genshin lets you choose between Lumine and Aether to play. Lord of Heroes also lets you customize the main character and even let's you choose SKIN COLOR, something I do not see much in these games. It's a Korean game though, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Oh I don't mind compulsory male leads if they're done well, Becas in Iron Saga being a good example - dude has a bit of Corto Maltese vibe going. But this fukkboi managed to sound like the MC of an execrable harem romcom to physically painful degrees in the span of maybe six scenes so yeah. What little I caught of his backstory was also made of cliché and fail which didn't particularly help.

joined Jul 26, 2020

^ If you have Ifrit, she basically just fucks up everything so... There's an Ifrit tile where you can drop her down and let her work. You'd need someone to cushion the defense crushers that come out though, there's Gitano and Silverash, and I think Blue Poison with S2 will work. There's probably other people but I have used the same team for my Anni3 runs for forever now and don't remember jack shit.

I just recently switched to using Ange since I'm trying to build her trust up faster and she works too but she'll be in a different position. Dreamy has some guides on Anni3 if you want to check them out on Youtube.

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

I need Sussurro. She's so cute.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Was cleaning up inactives from my friendlist and noted an awful lot of them had last logged in 21.9. or within few days of that date.
thonk.jpg
...that wouldn't happen to be when Genshin came out was it?

joined Jul 26, 2020

Genshin came out on September 28 so nawwww. It's probs cause there weren't any events happening around that time.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Genshin came out on September 28 so nawwww. It's probs cause there weren't any events happening around that time.

Would fall into the timeframe of the OBT tho. Besides your theory doesn't really explain why those people didn't return when the next event dropped...

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

They are on a vacation from the game.

joined Jul 26, 2016

They are on a vacation from the game.

People randomly dropping games or going on hiatus is nothing unusual, it's the way the start dates conspicuously clustered that piques my curiosity.

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

EX stages and respective challenge modes done. Also done with the mini-annihilation map. Wished it gave orundum lol. Fast-redeploys were the MVPs for me especially Projekt Red. Tempted to mastery 3 her 2nd skill. It feels worth it. I am wondering how easier the stages would be with Phantom. I personally found EX-7 challenge to be the hardest. Those exploding blood shamans that you can't silence are now my new most hated enemy. Surprisingly no lore in the EX stages. So Mudrock's gender was never revealed here it seems. Should not be a spoiler or at this point everyone knows it already?

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Here's a Rosmontis x Amiya pic. Also myrrhmidon, you've probably already seen them but here's an artist that only draws you OTP!

I ended up just going with a guide for the pseudo-annihilation stage; I honestly just don't have the patience nor intelligence to trial and error it by myself.

joined Apr 30, 2020

Here's a Rosmontis x Amiya pic. Also myrrhmidon, you've probably already seen them but here's an artist that only draws you OTP!

Oh a new Amiya ship. Makes sense. Both are way too young to be weapons but are powerful enough to be WMDs. And yes I know about Void. Thanks for reminding me tho. I forgot to check on updates on 塔陈 since from the initial PV, I kinda gave up hope that Talulah lives. Glad to be wrong and seems the artist is real happy too lol. The artist is also on lofter where I found about them through the shipping tag.

I ended up just going with a guide for the pseudo-annihilation stage; I honestly just don't have the patience nor intelligence to trial and error it by myself.

Same. Funnily enough I didn't know there was a hole in that map since the guide I used didn't make us of it. Kinda tempted to try it out but yeah this event has really upped the difficulty. Not sure if the difference in order of events between us and CN have any effect on the difficulty. Feels like it tho.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

塞雷娅 posted:

^ If you have Ifrit, she basically just fucks up everything so... There's an Ifrit tile where you can drop her down and let her work.

I know which tile you talk about and I did notice it, but since I'd need to put her last, I was afraid she won't survive 2 seconds with all the aggro and no medics healing her, so I didn't even try.

there's Gitano and Silverash, and I think Blue Poison with S2 will work.

I don't have SA, so I can't auto with him. BP could actually be worth trying. I'm actually already using Gitano. My current strategy is from bottom: Lappland facing up with S1 so she works as bonus dps. I used Jessica, but near the end when I was figuring out how to handle last 50 kills, I started using Exusiai instead with S2 (I have lvl and all mats to E2 her outside of sniper chips and since event started then, I focused on spending ap there, so no S3 yet) for more burst for Leader Junkmen, Perfumer, Texas later swapped for Gummy (I easily get 300 DP before removing her), Nearl, E2 Meteorite killing everything, Executor defending 2 lines and Chen, mostly because it really doesn't matter who is on top and when I had Meteorite and Jessica her passive made more sense, but I guess it still helps with Meteorite blowing stuff up faster. Once I reach 350, I switch Exusiai for Gitano after she kills all bottom MK2(?) and use her S2 to kill bottom 3 Crushers, so I only really need to handle top. During time it takes for Gitano to charge her skill and kill Defenders, Exusiai can be used again, so I redeploy her immediately. For top, I switch Meteorite for Eyja once first Defender starts to moving, but I'll try using Ceobe next time. With her S2 she should go pew, pew on them and kill them easily.

I'm halfway done with EX and challenges. 1 thing that really annoys me is that whenever you finish playing challenge it switches back to normal and you need to remember to switch it back. It's especially annoying when you keep trying and forget to switch it once and win practice and then try to beat it thinking you worked out strategy to then constantly lose and be puzzled why it doesn't work anymore. I lost 80 ap like that today, before I realized I must have won normal practice, not challenge...

So all future events are going to look like that? Because I love it. Sure it was nice before, 6-8 stages to beat + challenges, but after a while it kinda felt lacking so now having so many different ones to beat is really fun. Also new mechanic really makes it a challenge to figure out all the maps. Projekt Red already helped me beat EX-5 and challenge. Really happy I finally got her.

joined Jul 26, 2020

So all future events are going to look like that? Because I love it. Sure it was nice before, 6-8 stages to beat + challenges, but after a while it kinda felt lacking so now having so many different ones to beat is really fun. Also new mechanic really makes it a challenge to figure out all the maps. Projekt Red already helped me beat EX-5 and challenge. Really happy I finally got her.

Naw, that's just how it is for "full" events. They had that for I think the Grani event, the summer event, and Code of Brawl. It just depends on what kind of event it will be.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Are we allowed to talk about W without spoilers now that she appeared as playable in TW-S-2 and is literally dead center in the archives? https://i.imgur.com/t5Z8ZVe.jpg

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I mean I never really cared about spoilers so?

joined Jul 26, 2016

Speaking of spoilers, was watching vidyas from the CN server the other day and ngl but rare Pokemonbird-monster Mephisto looks pretty pitiful

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Texas, Siege, or Zima which should I work on? Liskarm or Croissant? Does Zima work well with Istina?

joined Jul 26, 2016

Totally Not Guard With DP Regen Siege would be by far the best of the over-time Vanguards and her E2 passive all but obsoletes most on-kill ones to boot. And you can do terrible, terrible things if you add a well-timed activation of Zima's S2 to that...

Best SP Battery Liskarm is just about the "little black number" of non-healing Defenders - she performs solidly just about anywhere (which is nicely in tune with her lore). Croissant by comparison is mostly HAMMER TIME push memes AFAIK, her passive's much too RNG to be relied on.

Istina's one of the best in her archetype and should be developed in any case IMO (also, lessens the frustration of getting those blasted Clue #4s doubly so if you have Absinthe from the event) but doesn't have any special synergies with Zima over any other Vanguard. OFC if you also have Best Kaichou Rosa the buff from her E2 passive might be worth looking into...

joined Jul 26, 2020

Texas and Siege >>>>>>> but Siege first cause she's just a beast. Texas's one drawback is how squishy she is, but she's not supposed to be your dps anyways so it's fine. Texas over Zima for me cause Texas's S2 is essentially a reliable arts dealing stun + you get DP out of it.

Liskarm is better cause she's just more reliable in general while Croissant isn't that good in regular comps.

Istina is good in general but Zima doesn't do anything with her. Zima's synergies are with other vanguards, so if you decide to make a vanguardknights comp with her, than she's valuable in that.

joined Apr 30, 2020

Are we allowed to talk about W without spoilers now that she appeared as playable in TW-S-2 and is literally dead center in the archives? https://i.imgur.com/t5Z8ZVe.jpg

It seems to be clear that the devs don't care either. There's an official music video that spoils Frostnova's death. Personally, I take a similar stance as Danbooru in that W's backstory is spoiler territory but just her being playable should be fine. Mudrock should be treated the same I think. Just that, I am not sure how to treat her gender reveal because it's not even revealed in the Wolumonde event. AFAIK, it's only been revealed since she became playable.

Speaking of spoilers, was watching vidyas from the CN server the other day and ngl but rare Pokemonbird-monster Mephisto looks pretty pitiful

The best part is that there's a special cutscene if you let him through the blue box. Perhaps he might be playable in the future??? Also the reveal that he's actually a bird. It wasn't obvious but I guess the whole singing thing was a big hint.

CC is next week btw. I will have my Angelina with M3 skill 3 on support for it.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Mudrock's idiosyncratic habits of speech weirding out everyone in the Wolumonde storyline is a great running gag mind you :D

To reply you must either login or sign up.