Forum › Yuki and the Authoress discussion

joined Jul 26, 2016

Hopefully we'll see more of that author from now on.

Well there's a whole lotta snek...

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

It's clear from context that Beniko's books are about gay romance. Reading the book helped him understand what his daughter is feeling.

Honestly, I don't think they are, with the exception of the book inspired by Yuki. Considering Yuki's love for her books but lack of any real concept of same-sex relationships for quite a long way into the story, they are more likely still mostly straight romance. What makes her books stand out from the rest is not the gay angle, but rather the empowering feminist one, as it is pointed out that the women in her books choose to live and love how they wish.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

On a unrelated note, i giggle when i saw the credits page and read that it's the first time that the scantrad finish a serie from start to end and also that it's the longest one they finish. Given it's only 14 chapters, it's quite funny.

I laughed at that too

Edit:

Hopefully we'll see more of that author from now on.

Well there's a whole lotta snek...

That was really good

last edited at Aug 26, 2019 10:43PM

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

Lovely ending, I'm glad it didn't go for the suicide route, them getting together was a little abrupt considering the father and all, and I imagine they didn't run away since they were in Beniko's house, but other than that the ending was just great.

Gay%20pogger%20shark
joined Feb 17, 2019

Awww what a lovely ending for our gay cat and snowball

Good
joined Jun 14, 2016

um. that's cute

joined Feb 8, 2016

I just finished reading this story and found it a refreshing change of pace from the average Yuri story. I just loved how the author slowly brought Yuki and Azuma together building up their relationship bit by bit, thus making it stronger. And Yuki is finally able to stand up to her father in the end. As far as her father reading one of Azuma's novels and suddenly changing his tune on things, that probably is a bit of a stretch, but minor I think to the overall story. I have no problem with the age gap as Japan and very likely Japan of this Era allow girls to marry young and you only see them kiss at the very end. The Author could easily be in her mid twenties or a little younger for that matter. I just find this story heartwarming and I couldn't help but cheerlead for these two young women. A story and setting unlike most Yuri stories that I recommend to everyone.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

This was beautiful and wonderful. I really quite loved it. I would have preferred confirmation of what Yuki's state was at the end - was she just living with Azuma, practically married? Does her father accept that? Is she officially working as her maid or something? Idk, I would have liked a little more clarity. I do love it though. Also I didn't read the age gap as that large, I assumed Azuma was in her young twenties, yes, she's written many many stories clearly, but she says that one of her stories comes out each month so it's hardly like she couldn't do that in a short time - let's say she's 22, and started writing at age 16, that's 72 books in that time (which is absurd obviously but even at 1/3 of that rate she'd still have written 24 books without being all that old). Though also I initially thought Yuki was older, so it's somewhat sad that she isn't, I do like yuri with adult age gaps a lot more.

Dsisterism_021_015-1-1
joined Oct 7, 2015

I love this so much. It makes me feel something so nostalgic yet so fresh..
It felt a tiny lil bit rushed in the end, but just a little thinking was enough to put what was missing in it's place, so no big deals.
I'm really slow so it took a minute after reading the chapter to notice that , after leaving, her dad was the one to call Beniko.
Hearing about the girls in love who commited suicide was what placed the last pieces of the puzzle for him.The confirmation of what he already knew.
Now certain that his daughter was in love with Beniko, he preferred "losing" his daughter by her "running away" with the woman instead of the other option. In the end he realised he loved his daughter enough to go against himself... kinda like how Yuki was ready to confront her father about her "forbidden love".
I may be wrong with many things, but I really like to think this way ...

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I love this so much. It makes me feel something so nostalgic yet so fresh..
It felt a tiny lil bit rushed in the end, but just a little thinking was enough to put what was missing in it's place, so no big deals.

Yes, the father's resistance was built up as being so forceful that it seemed like he caved rather easily in comparison (although of course we're all glad he did). But completely charming nonetheless.

damn i love this author

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I just re-read this one, and, as everyone, including the credits, has said, the story could have used a couple more chapters to get us from the intransigent abusive dad to the happy ending.

But, damn, is this incredibly adorable. And the most fully developed of the Nagori Yu story template:

• Age gap
  • An imposing older woman who is super (and often literally supernatural) confident to the point of smugness, who possesses a world-class line of flirtation, who is smitten by:
  • A pretty, naive, unconfident younger girl who is in a subordinate position of some kind and who blushes at the drop of a hat

Along with Nagori-sensei's art style, this formula can probably only stay interesting for about, let's say, . . . infinity?

Yeah, infinity works for me.

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

I just found this now, and this is a beautiful and fun read. As for the father, I don't see how it's unrealistic that he can choose his daughter's happiness over his own. But I also doubt that he accepted all of her at that moment (which isn't necessary in making that decision) since it's condensed in only one chapter. Anyway, in chapter 14 page 4, there's emphasis of him walking and stopping at the end panels. This can be seen as him starting to grasp her daughter's situation. By page 7 in the last panels, he is made to realize by his daughter that what he felt for her was only worry to which he agrees. By page 9, he took the step to actually try to understand her by reading the books; and has since taken actions inline with his realization. This is basic for everyone when it comes to trying to understand family, friends, or loved ones, albeit it's not always that fast. Having said that, I would have preferred a couple more just to stretch further the chapter and see if the father would be more accepting; and what Beniko wrote about Yuki in the ending.

last edited at Aug 28, 2020 7:29PM

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

This is definitely one of my favorites!

joined Oct 10, 2021

I am absolutely in love with Nagori Yu's works, her art and her stories. I had put off reading her manga for a very long time because I wasn't sure I would enjoy this art. How mistaken I was! It's totally my type of story and art, even though I prefer the main characters confident and a bit older.

It's just a testament to her stories, even I fell completely for them! Thank you scanlators, and thank you sensei!

C9081e6cac1e7e244a253aa99fa38117
joined Sep 8, 2021

The amount of time I keep on re-reading this is unbelievable, it's absolutely wonderful

Thumb-128070
joined May 3, 2022

Whistles

To reply you must either login or sign up.