Forum › Arknights!

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Norainhere posted:

I put my S1M3 Saria on my friend support, if that helps.

Well, I really wanted to do it with my own operators, but I admit I'm completely unprepared for CC. I did try using your Saria and she actually can survive until Hateful Avenger, but Executor and Ifrit just couldn't kill him in time, but it was very close. I'm currently getting Ifrit's skill to rank 7, which should help.

Who are your highest level operators?

I only have Jessica E2 lvl 20 and Executor E2 lvl 10.

You might be able to get away with 3 snipers + 1 healing defender depending on their levels, considering there aren't any increased defense risks. You'd be able to get away with not taking the Armed Militant risk too.

Honestly, I could easily just go for defenders/medics ban and use casters, supporters and snipers to win it easily. It's just I felt like pulling it of with that set up would be really cool, cos finding a good spot for Executor and especially Ifrit is really hard and especially considering their costs often you just can't afford to use them, so because I can deploy them in this mission with relative easy, I really want to beat it like that. You could say I'm making it unnecessary hard for myself, but I like challenging myself like that and it feels nice, because it's my strategy. But thanks for suggestions anyway! For next dailies I'll definitely just go with w/e works for me.

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

@random Except Surtr was a male giant in Norse mythology unlike this game.

Like that ever stopped anyone. Really failing to see the relevance.

If they're going to use mythological figures in this game it's better to get it right or at least give a justification on why the name is used in such a manner.

That's never stopped FGO, don't see why that's gonna stop Arknights. It doesn't even count here since most operators' names are code names and not their actual names. Based on the PV for the CN event, Surtr might be referring to the thing she summons with her skill 3.

EDIT: Mint is the free 5 star I think and the Grani skin is also probably free.

last edited at Sep 17, 2020 8:47PM

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

If they're going to use mythological figures in this game it's better to get it right or at least give a justification on why the name is used in such a manner.

In the context of Arknights, it's a codename so gender accuracy and myth accuracy is irrelevant. In other gacha games? Obviously waifu power trumps any accuracy to lore.

Smallpred
joined Jun 29, 2015

Ah, CC.
This was my first-ever real CC (I was too low levelled for the previous one).
Managed a week 1 risk 15 clear, and risk 18 week 2.
For the daily maps I manage to risk 8.

I am the same but with week 1 risk 16

joined Jul 26, 2020

Don't worry about the next few seasons of CC. Apparently they've been getting easier and easier to risk 18 clear. Pretty sure CC beta is the only one that was truly difficult, and that's cause there just weren't many ways to clear it without using specific operators.

EDIT: Did today's daily stage, cleared the max risk easily enough. I just used Silverash, Saria, Lappland, and Blaze and timed SA's skills at the appropriate times.

last edited at Sep 17, 2020 10:55PM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

You could say I'm making it unnecessary hard for myself, but I like challenging myself like that and it feels nice, because it's my strategy. But thanks for suggestions anyway! For next dailies I'll definitely just go with w/e works for me.

Haha, yeah, I know that feeling. There'll be lots of times when I keep on trying to use the same strategy over and over, thinking "If I time just a bit better, I know it'll work!" even if it would be easier to just switch up my operators or look up a guide.

Don't worry about the next few seasons of CC. Apparently they've been getting easier and easier to risk 18 clear. Pretty sure CC beta is the only one that was truly difficult, and that's cause there just weren't many ways to clear it without using specific operators.

From what I've seen, this seems about right. It's a combination of your operators being higher levels, new strong operators being released (not even necessarily in a powercreeping way, either) and just the map design being easier. I managed to get up to risk 21 with the week 2 contracts.

Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

I don't care enough to keep arguing. Anyway now have almost all facilities upgraded to level 2. FGO's second wave of Gilfest has started so not much time for this game.

A Texas/Lappland image: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/84445597

last edited at Sep 18, 2020 1:30AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Bruh. I know of a cranky dragongirl named Zeus in one game (still appropriately thunder-themed tho); that one also has an isekai'd Isaac Newton who got genderflipped in the process to boot but has gotten used to the situation. And let's not even get started on FGOverse...

Azn devs really treat such details as polite suggestions at best.

last edited at Sep 18, 2020 5:47AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Norainhere posted:

Haha, yeah, I know that feeling. There'll be lots of times when I keep on trying to use the same strategy over and over, thinking "If I time just a bit better, I know it'll work!" even if it would be easier to just switch up my operators or look up a guide.

Exactly! Are you me or what x3? In the end I couldn't do it, cos I was just a bit short of damage and/or tankyness. With some E2 or mastery I'd probably pull it off, so I ended up using your Saria. I also re-recorded Cuora run with sound.

random posted:

And let's not even get started on FGOverse...

Original Fate and later additions at least tried to explain gender bendering somehow, but FGO pretty much stopped giving a damn and just swaps everyone left and right without care. Most people treats myths and legends more like a guidelines than hard rules anyway (since there are many versions in the first place), but Fate and especially FGO really took it to another level.

last edited at Sep 18, 2020 8:33AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Not like Old Norse myth didn't have magical shapeshifting up the wazoo anyway - Loki gave birth to Sleipnir (ironically apparently the only one among his colourful children who doesn't fight the Asgardians at Ragnarök btw) while transformed into a mare and he's hardly the only one around with that level of voodoo. Just look at all the wild High Magic shit the jötunn chieftain Utgarda-Loki (no relation) pulls apparently pretty casually in the lulzy and wildly popular cross-dressing yarn Þrymskviða.

Anyone's guess what weird stuff Surtr, if anything a far higher-ranking and more powerful jötunn, is capable of since he basically just doesn't appear at all in the surviving material outside his doombringer role at Ragnarök.

joined Jul 26, 2020

I think someone here wanted to add me, I have a friend slot open now if you want to send a request. My tag is Juno#15473.

Also today's daily map is making me want to die. I cleared it with risk 10 but max risk looks impossible without maxed operators so I'm gonna refrain from trying.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I wanted to get Blue Poison and Manticore, so them being featured in new banner worked perfectly for me. Dropping Mostima could be cool as well, but I'm not so greedy to expect third 6 star in a row. So I rolled and instead dropped 3 5 stars. Got both BP and Manti, so I'm really happy. Matoimaru and Gitano was great as well, cos I maxed their potential with that and Vigna was P4, which allowed me to unlock her bonus attack. Overall amazing roll. Also damn Manticore is such a cutie <3

joined Jul 26, 2016

Whoa some of those contingencies look like right witches' brew if taken together D:

also HOLY SHIT MANTICORE IN SHOP TAKE ALL MY CERTS ヽ((◎д◎))ゝ
Because I've been trying to get Best Scorpion since approximately day 1 to no avail, not even kidding :c

last edited at Sep 18, 2020 9:02AM

joined May 28, 2016

I'm not sure I want Manticore though. Her operator file doesn't seem to mention any likely shipping candidates for her unlike Blue Poison which has Gummy and Specter. Speaking of Gummy is she worth spending the 99 cents on or not?

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

random posted:

Whoa some of those contingencies look like right witches' brew if taken together D:

Yea, that's why I'm glad this time I could avoid all the annoying one. Managed to do it with my original (albeit slightly modified) setup I tried last week, before having to switch to all snipers.

Yea. Forgot to mention I'm considering if I should get her second copy for -1 DP, but Since I'm little over 100, I think I'll better save for 6 star in case someone I like is in the shop cough Eyjafjalla cough

Sakura Cartelet posted:

Speaking of Gummy is she worth spending the 99 cents on or not?

She's really easy to recruit, but still 99 cents for that pack is really great value and Gummy is amazing healing defender if you don't have Nearl or Saria and she's much easier to invest in as a 4 star.

last edited at Sep 18, 2020 9:56AM

Speaking of Gummy is she worth spending the 99 cents on or not?

Nah she is really easy to get from recruitment so its not worth it, use healing + defender/defence tags and u always get Gummy or Nearl

last edited at Sep 18, 2020 9:57AM by

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

I'm not sure I want Manticore though. Her operator file doesn't seem to mention any likely shipping candidates for her unlike Blue Poison which has Gummy and Specter.

Manticore gets shipped with Nightmare. Also their ship name 夜蝎 means Night Scorpion and that sounds cool. As for Blue Poison, her main ship is with Glaucus.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

myrrhmidon posted:

Manticore gets shipped with Nightmare.

Oh, I can see that. They give similar vibe, so I can see them fitting together.

last edited at Sep 18, 2020 10:10AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

I'm not sure I want Manticore though. Her operator file doesn't seem to mention any likely shipping candidates for her unlike Blue Poison which has Gummy and Specter.

I want her for her interesting design and mechanics (which are also p useful; borrowed her from friendlist to replace a Guard for Anni3 clear), not shippability. Which is appropriately low given she's pretty much the single most unsociable char on the roster... :v

use healing + defender/defence tags and u always get Gummy or Nearl

FTFY
#NoSeniorTagLyfe;_;

joined May 28, 2016

I like how Shaw rattles off stuff at such a high speed. Plus her firefighter outfit looks cute on her.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

@塞雷娅: that'd be me, I got like 3 more inactives now and I need those clues. Sent again.

Because I've been trying to get Best Scorpion since approximately day 1 to no avail, not even kidding :c

Same! Eyja is not coming for a while anyway. I got 130 and can just spam recruits in a pinch.

She's really easy to recruit, but still 99 cents for that pack is really great value and Gummy is amazing healing defender if you don't have Nearl or Saria and she's much easier to invest in as a 4 star.

I'm with Nev here, it's a great beginner pack and it's literally just 1 buck.

joined Jul 26, 2020

@塞雷娅: that'd be me, I got like 3 more inactives now and I need those clues. Sent again.

Accepted.

Also whewwww I looked at Dreamy's clear and tried something similar. While I didn't manage max risk, I did manage risk 14. Basically I just didn't take the risk that tripled melee operators' dp costs and used Red and Gravel to tank the slugs. Also I don't have Shining so I just used Nian's third skill instead to increase everyone's defense.

EDIT: Here's my run.

last edited at Sep 18, 2020 10:16PM

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Manticore gets shipped with Nightmare. Also their ship name 夜蝎 means Night Scorpion and that sounds cool. As for Blue Poison, her main ship is with Glaucus.

That comic's hilarious. it seemed like their primary form of bonding was through sitting in the same dorm corner together and it sort of was. What a terrible doctor, leaving them sitting among the cardboard boxes. They don't even have anything to sit on.

Didn't know Manticore could get a monster-like hand? And why not, I could get behind this pairing without nothing anything about their backstories. This is only half-done, and there's supposed to be a second part.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

myrrhmidon posted:

Manticore gets shipped with Nightmare.

Huh, I had no idea that was a ship - I'd thought that Nightmare x Perfumer was more common, but apparently not. Manticore x Nightmare is definitely cute though.

To reply you must either login or sign up.