Forum › Arknights!

joined Jul 26, 2016

Didn't know Manticore could get a monster-like hand?

Unless that's from event lore or somesuch it's a total asspull. ¯\(°_o)/¯ Mousse's the one that gets RIP AND TEAR majick claws (and has some issues about that).

Literally the only connection between those two I could find is one of Manti's voicelines: "Don't let that girl named "Nightmare" near me... She's... dangerous... My power... doesn't work on her... Why..."

last edited at Sep 18, 2020 3:18PM

Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Amiya and Lappland?

last edited at Sep 18, 2020 3:49PM

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

You know, Brawler Guards aren't usually used and aren't considered "meta" but god do they look fun. Here's 777ucky's Fungi Mist run using new brawler Flint. Flint goes "brrrrrrrrrr."

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

You know, Brawler Guards aren't usually used and aren't considered "meta" but god do they look fun. Here's 777ucky's Fungi Mist run using new brawler Flint. Flint goes "brrrrrrrrrr."

That ending was just tragic.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Today's map is the one I missed week 1. The risks look pretty vanilla...I guess I'll be spamming blocks?

joined May 28, 2016
joined Jul 26, 2020

Seeing Amiya ships with older operators feels weird. She's literally 14, the age gap is just way too big for me to enjoy any Amiya ships. There's also the fact that everyone keeps reminding you that she's super young so it's not like the game isn't making her age clear.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rye posted:

Today's map is the one I missed week 1. The risks look pretty vanilla...I guess I'll be spamming blocks?

Yea, they're much easier than last weeks. That seems to be trend in general for their second appearances.

塞雷娅 posted:

Seeing Amiya ships with older operators feels weird. She's literally 14

Wow, she's 14? I'd never tell, especially considering game keeps everyone's portrays and in-game models around the same size. The fact she's apparently de-facto leader of Rhodes Island takes on a whole new meaning.

last edited at Sep 19, 2020 11:17AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Well pretty much everyone does refer to her as a "kid"...

Operator files do list everyone's heights tho, albeit no other biometrics.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Oh yeah and Surtr has an S3 that burns her HP in return of mad buffs. Told ya she's bootleg Blood Rose Himeko. =3=

joined Jul 26, 2020

IIRC chapter 6 straight up says she's 14 in the story.

Also today's daily map is super easy to max risk clear. Basically use a tank + medic + caster + FEater S2M3 and then you're good. Put the blocks around the map to make the longest possible route for the lizard guys and then that's it.

Oh yeah and Surtr has an S3 that burns her HP in return of mad buffs. Told ya she's bootleg Blood Rose Himeko. =3=

Actually she's a Stand User.

last edited at Sep 19, 2020 11:46AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Actually she's a Stand User.

That too. "Oh, so you're approaching me?" duly abounds in the comments.

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

Seeing Amiya ships with older operators feels weird. She's literally 14, the age gap is just way too big for me to enjoy any Amiya ships. There's also the fact that everyone keeps reminding you that she's super young so it's not like the game isn't making her age clear.

The Age gap makes it better XD

Personally don't mind shipping Amiya since it's cute but I am more interested in what happens to her in the story than shipping. Pls give 6 star Demon Queen

Anyway, here's a pic of crocs at the beach.

joined May 28, 2016

Where are you getting the age of 14 for Amiya? Literally none of the operators ages are stated in-game since each of the races age at different rates. Also keep in mind "young" could mean "young" for her race which again we aren't told the lifespans for each race in the world of Tera.

joined Jul 26, 2016

So far there's nothing to indicate Terran years and aging patterns deviated from the implicit genre assumption of defaulting to their Earth equivalents. P sure the only mentioned example of deviation is Nian's comment about the Sarkaz in general and Vampires in particular (as evidenced by Warfarin and Closure) "not really showin their age".

Y'know, discounting the outright ageless Eldritch Abominations like Nian and her ilk...

joined May 28, 2016

Um no there is. The producer has explicitly stated so in an interview. Also keep in mind in the real world there's no dragons, demons, vampires, angels, etc that we can compare the lifespans with. So how "old" these characters might be is unknown.

Also @塞雷娅 Can you please put spoilers tags on your posts? Also I think you're confusing Amiya with Rosemary who according to a reddit post which contains chapter 6 spoilers. These two do not seem to be the same person

joined Jul 26, 2016

"Different races have different manifestations of age and appearance" really doesn't say much. So far the only example we've actually been told of ingame would be the aforementioned Sarkaz.

Would be amusing if it turned out the Archosaurs parallel real-life crocodilians in never ceasing growing tho. Attack on Gavial anyone? :v

joined Jul 26, 2020

How is Amiya's age a spoiler? Also I clearly remember reading a character say that Amiya was 14 in chapter 6. It was something like "she's just 14 blah blah" something about how she's so young and still the leader of Rhodes Island, which, literally everyone keeps saying. Zima even is like "she's younger than Istina" and Istina is a middle school student so...

Zima: "The leader of Rhodes Island looks younger than even Istina. How can you let a kid like that onto the battlefield? How?"

Also I actually read chapter 6. A reddit post with chapter 6 spoilers doesn't exactly say anything. Even then, I still think it's weird to ship a kid with adult characters. There's way too many operators who repeatedly talk about how Amiya is just a kid and it's even emphasized in the main story.

last edited at Sep 19, 2020 2:13PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

TBF "looks" doesn't necessarily correlate with actual age - never mind now how whatever bizarreness is going on with Amiya's Infection (that unique "Chimera" race append doesn't exactly suggest physical normalcy) might further screw things.

People who know her well keep talking about her as quite young tho which I would consider rather more reliable indicator.

joined Jul 26, 2020

TBF "looks" doesn't necessarily correlate with actual age - never mind now how whatever bizarreness is going on with Amiya's Infection (that unique "Chimera" race append doesn't exactly suggest physical normalcy) might further screw things.

People who know her well keep talking about her as quite young tho which I would consider rather more reliable indicator.

Either way, everyone says she's a kid, from the characters close to her to completely unrelated characters. Also another related thing is Amiya's height.

Other Cautus's heights in order from tallest to shortest:

Ayerscarpe - 173 cm
Leonhardt - 165 cm
Savage - 160 cm
Rope - 155 cm
Kroos - 154 cm
Amiya - 142 cm

Conversely, here's the heights of child operators:

Vermeil - 153 cm
Eyjafyalla - 145 cm
Popukar - 144 cm
Amiya - 142 cm
Suzuran - 137 cm

Even height-wise, she's clearly leaning on being a kid. You could say she's just short, but coupled with everyone saying she's a kid, maybe she's actually just a kid hmmmm...

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

塞雷娅 posted:

Even height-wise, she's clearly leaning on being a kid. You could say she's just short, but coupled with everyone saying she's a kid, maybe she's actually just a kid hmmmm...

She's legal loli! She looks like kid, but actually is 100 years old!

Sorry, I couldn't resist xP

last edited at Sep 19, 2020 3:21PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

She's legal loli! She looks like kid, but actually is 100 years old!

Sorry, I couldn't resist xP

Yo no hijacking Warfarin's character setting >:c

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Here's a cute Blue Poison x Glaucus comic. This artist seems to really like all of the Abyssal Hunters/Aegirians.

joined May 28, 2016

That however doesn't prove that's she's 14 like you claimed earlier. Also keep in mind that physical age is not an indicator of maturity- in which case she still could be a "child" even if she is chronologically an "adult".

joined Jul 26, 2016

List is missing the Chernobog bearcub middleschoolers for some reason:

Zima - 162 cm
Istina - 156 cm
Gummy - 155 cm

For the sake of completeness Cool Big Sis Ojousama Rosa clocks in at 174 cm - not that you'd know from most fanarts pairing her with Zima - but then she was a highschooler.

To reply you must either login or sign up.