Forum › Anime season

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yuuki Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuna is getting a new anime season! (and a short anime too if I understood correctly) https://twitter.com/anime_yukiyuna/status/1289424042378711040

Apparently my friends were waiting for NoWaYu instead.... I'm not gonna pretend I understand what they meant because I didn't play the game~

Also they announced...more.... Yuunas? xD I don't know !

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Is that a...Kuro Yuna? Cute. Hope she mana transfers too.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Houkagou Teibou Nisshi 05 was great hahahahaha, now they share something with Yuru camp a funny drunk advisor also... damn the nurse she... she's trouble.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Trailer and poster for the new Inuyasha anime with girl pawaaaaah
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-08-06/inuyasha-spinoff-anime-yashahime-princess-half-demon-1st-trailer-reveals-cast-october-3-debut/.162670

Too bad I can't summon @shadesofgraymoon here

I also started watching lapis relight, visuals (specially backgrounds) are gorgeous ! And yeah there's Yuri teasing but I'm afraid they play it all as jokes for the glasses girl's enjoyment. I'm just you know... I don't want to get my hopes up with idol shows (only with love live and bang dream)

last edited at Aug 6, 2020 11:39PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

2 baits in one picture (Teibou Nishi) https://cdn.naruho.do/feed_uploads/Bb1k33.jpeg

Machikado Mazoku season 2 has been leaked on Reddit

"This is a leaked banner from Comic Fuz, which hosts the the magazine where Machikado is serializing. The official news probably will be released during 28th August at midnight (japanese time)."

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Before anyone gets confused, this is from the October issue, not saying that the anime is going to air in October (October's not going to be short on yuri, though)

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Once again, Kirara has saved anime

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I'm excited but how long is it? Will it even come close to catching up?

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Is there going to be any "significant" progress in their relationship?

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I'm excited but how long is it? Will it even come close to catching up?

Almost certainly single-cour, probably covering through the end of volume 4. There's five volumes out at the moment...

Is there going to be any "significant" progress in their relationship?

The current arc of the manga is about them realizing their feelings are romantic. So, not in this season

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Okay, next season:

So GochiUsa and Strike Witches are coming back and can probably be assumed to be as gay as they ever were

Adachi and Shimamura is based on a yuri series... I have no idea how fast the anime will be paced and thus how far the titular girls' relationship will progress, but the core of the series is a yuri relationship

Assault Lily Bouquet is a modern all-female action anime that literally has "lily" in the title. I'll be pretty surprised if it doesn't at least have heavy subtext

Senyoku no Sigrdrifa is also a modern all-female action anime, which generally means at least a bit of yuri subtext

Maesetsu is cute girls doing stand-up, apparently. With everyone conveniently paired up, it should at least be easy to ship

Ochikobore Fruit Tart is a Kirara series from the creator of Hanayamata. I didn't notice even any subtext in the handful of chapters I read, but it's definitely possible something will pop up later

I'm really not sure what to make of Hanyou no Yashahime. Female-led sequel to 00s shounen, airing in primetime in 2020. Who is this aimed for, what are it's storytelling sensibilities like? Should at least be shippable, though

Iwa-Kakeru is an all-female sports anime. From what I've seen it's pretty focused on the sports, but it does tend towards CGDCT-type character writing, so some yuri is entirely possible. ...I'm kinda expecting it to be one of the worst shows of the season, though

Majo no Tabitabi is one of those series that's basically a bunch of short stories tied together by the main character travelling. Apparently it has some recurring characters, all of whom are female. Something might happen there? Should be pretty, at least

Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear: Generic isekai, but with cute girls! Most of them are lolis, though. Even if there is some yuri, I'm not sure I'd be interested in it (also I don't have high hopes for this one in general)

As honorable mentions, Maoujou de Oyasumi has a minor character with a yuri crush, and Munou na Nana includes a girl that's very fixated on the title character. ...The first one is probably going to be a significantly better anime than the second, though

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ Worst case scenario everything else ends up sucking, the usagis will carry the season like always. That said, I have hope for the season fingers crossed
Maybe 2020 won't be so bad after all?
I'm so sorry if I jinxed it.

It's about time I watch Jet girls too. The game came out not too long ago and looks fun.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

It's about time I watch Jet girls too. The game came out not too long ago and looks fun.

Just try to find the uncensored version for more free boing boing experience. At least more than the anime already is.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but has anyone been reading the Mikagura Gakuen light novels? I remember someone in some forum here that I can't find said that Eruna ends up with her cousin in the end, which obviously pissed me off. I can't find any information on what happened after the events of the anime, but I guess I'm just looking in the wrong places... at any rate, is this actually true? Please tell me it's not...

joined Jan 21, 2015

New Otherside Picnic promo looking really good. Can't wait for January.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

New Love Live Anime trailer https://youtu.be/vUZtDcPtctU there's our protagonist

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

New Love Live Anime trailer https://youtu.be/vUZtDcPtctU there's our protagonist

Wait, this is starting in less than a month!? I was expecting a bit more build-up here!

So, uh, it looks fine. Kinda a bad season to be dropping a cute girls series, though

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Bad? Well... maybe it's good to have a full season of moe and girls, after all we've been having a huge lack of them this year

TB posted:

New Otherside Picnic promo looking really good. Can't wait for January.

The manga is being translated too but I'm waiting for the anime instead

last edited at Sep 12, 2020 9:59AM

joined Jan 21, 2015

The manga is being translated too but I'm waiting for the anime instead

If you enjoy light novels at all, I recommend you give the original LNs a read! They're absolutely fantastic. And given that the manga needs four volumes to adapt one novel, I don't think the anime is going to go very far into the original material.
The fact that we haven't got a release date for volume 4 yet is killing me.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

SPOILERS FOR MAI-HIME
Mai-HIME came so close to being a 10/10 anime but the final episode was such a ridiculous and cheesy asspull that undoes everything that had happened. It felt like the writers were forced to end the show in this way. Which if that's the case then that really sucks and if that's not the case then I question if they were paying attention to their own show.

Edit: I was originally mad that at the Shizuru and Natsuki plot point but then I realized that when Yukino says "I saw what you did to Natsuki while she slept" she was referring to Shizuru kissing Natsuki while she was sleeping. But Natsuki assumes the worst case scenario, which shows the viewer a fake flashback of Shizuru taking her clothes off and crawling into Natsuki's bed while she's sleeping. And the theory that she never sexually assaulted her is supported even more when you realize that if she did than Yukino and Haruka shouldn't have seen it. Because they arrive to Shizuru's house when the sun is setting and the "flashback" happens at night. This show is way better than I gave it credit for.

last edited at Sep 15, 2020 9:30PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I couldn't watch Mai-hime... I explained why in this same thread long ago, but basically, I wasn't expecting the guy who shows up at the start considering this was one of those legendary animes for the yuri community back in the day (or at least, it was hyped a lot and the talk of many forums)...so the shock with reality and the contrast with what I expected was too much for me hahaha

ANYWAY, guess who's getting a new anime? WIXOSS!

https://twitter.com/wixoss_TCG/status/1308242702513782784
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHUikaoEwNU

last edited at Sep 22, 2020 12:40AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

If we're at the point that that idols with giant breasts look like the best way forward it might be time to let the franchise die

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hylarn posted:

If we're at the point that that idols with giant breasts look like the best way forward it might be time to let the franchise die

I really laughed in surprise when I saw the yellow one hahahaha but hey I found out that Sugiura Ai is making the designs! she's a vtuber and designed Subaru too (another vtuber from hololive) and if I trust their words she's crazy obsessed with cute girls and maids ...she really really loves girls hahahaha.

ANOTHER ANNOUNCEMENT!

Tumblr_pt8ll4hf781saqlhvo1_500
joined Mar 12, 2018

SPOILERS FOR MAI-HIME
Mai-HIME came so close to being a 10/10 anime but the final episode was such a ridiculous and cheesy asspull that undoes everything that had happened. It felt like the writers were forced to end the show in this way. Which if that's the case then that really sucks and if that's not the case then I question if they were paying attention to their own show.

Edit: I was originally mad that at the Shizuru and Natsuki plot point but then I realized that when Yukino says "I saw what you did to Natsuki while she slept" she was referring to Shizuru kissing Natsuki while she was sleeping. But Natsuki assumes the worst case scenario, which shows the viewer a fake flashback of Shizuru taking her clothes off and crawling into Natsuki's bed while she's sleeping. And the theory that she never sexually assaulted her is supported even more when you realize that if she did than Yukino and Haruka shouldn't have seen it. Because they arrive to Shizuru's house when the sun is setting and the "flashback" happens at night. This show is way better than I gave it credit for.

Oh yeah, the end was very disappointing ! They pulled the worst deus ex machina that ruined all the build up. But I heard that in the blu-ray version, there was an alternative ending.

To reply you must either login or sign up.