Forum › Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story discussion

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Iroha's swimsuit: Very notable one, it was a launch reward, never reran on its own again.

Kyoko's and Felicia's Halloween outfits: Only available in Karin's release event, which never got reran.

Ooh, I'm definitely getting Iroha's swimsuit then. Maybe that's why it's all the way on the top. Do you know if Ren's normal clothes came back in a re-run? If it did, I might go for one of the Halloween ones. Not sure which one. I love Kyouko but her werewolf costume honestly looks tacky, while Felicia's matches her perfectly, so might do it depending on voice lines.

If an outfit doesn't provide voice lines, they'd be my last priority, so I'll keep those in mind for if we get something similar later.

Good since you aren't forced to use a support who may be under leveled and bad for people without a ton of high level units yet like many new players.

Yeah I came back during that event so am aware of how not new player friendly it is. It's also unique in that it depends on magia/doppel way more than normal battles. I'm hoping more for an option to make supports optional in all normal gameplay.

Smallpred
joined Jun 29, 2015

As someone who adored Tart magica, this event was a total joy for me (even though missed the earlier tart event)
I got lucky and pulled Darc, Elisa, and Corbeau.
The event was hard for me since i'm barely two months into the game and for most of those I was lazy :D
But Tart event got me to be very serious.
The final Lapin fight was hard. I had to chip away her HP slowly and since I kept dying before the 8 turns I can't auto it. 30 or so minutes of getting my ass kicked by that vicious pink bunny.
I bought out the entire flag shop so I can work on Melissa. I'll likely end up relying a lot on her for the foreseeable future.

last edited at Jul 30, 2020 2:38AM

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

Do you know if Ren's normal clothes came back in a re-run?

Yes, but NA Tempo is actually messing with this, the event that gave out the outfit should've got its rerun already, but with this NA Tempo... I am sure we will get the rerun at some point, just not right now, it seems.

I love Kyouko but her werewolf costume honestly looks tacky

Kyoko's werewolf outfit is actually from a series of promotional outfits that the holy quintet received way back when, but only Kyoko actually got hers in game, Natsuki stole Homura's, Kako stole Madoka's, Ayaka stole Sayaka's, and Shizuku stole Mami's.

last edited at Jul 30, 2020 11:42AM

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

As someone who adored Tart magica, this event was a total joy for me (even though missed the earlier tart event)
I got lucky and pulled Darc, Elisa, and Corbeau.

Wow that is some good luck. And as somebody who's never read Tart Magica, this was enjoyable too.

The final Lapin fight was hard. I had to chip away her HP slowly and since I kept dying before the 8 turns I can't auto it. 30 or so minutes of getting my ass kicked by that vicious pink bunny.
I bought out the entire flag shop so I can work on Melissa. I'll likely end up relying a lot on her for the foreseeable future.

Did you use event girls like Darc or Melissa? It's a bit too late to know now, but they provide a x10 damage boost to the boss.

Kyoko's werewolf outfit is actually from a series of promotional outfits that the holy quintet received way back when, but only Kyoko actually got hers in game, Natsuki stole Homura's, Kako stole Madoka's, Ayaka stole Sayaka's, and Shizuku stole Mami's.

That's, so sad. XD I don't know then, guess I'll look up their voice lines. It actually doesn't make sense for me to get Ren's costume cause I don't have her but I'm a collector. If there will be an eventual re-run, I'll hold off though. I really hope it gets a re-run cause I read the story but I'm sure that doesn't do it justice. I want to experience it for myself.

last edited at Jul 30, 2020 8:35PM

Smallpred
joined Jun 29, 2015

Did you use event girls like Darc or Melissa? It's a bit too late to know now, but they provide a x10 damage boost to the boss.

I used Darc, Meliisa and Elisa, but since i slacked a lot before this event I don't have much level up gems/upgrade items. Lapin's Magia just destroyed me.

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

I used a bunch of high tier units and my main problem was not doing enough damage to her and not her killing off my girls which were all 5* and level 100. Most of which had 2-4 slots on them as well. It took me three (or was it four?) tries to finally finish her off.

On C6 Hard I was able to beat the mission in exactly 11 turns using the following team: 2s Mifuyu, ? Slot (I don't remember) Support Alina, and 2s Kaede. Wave 7/9 was Alina connect to Mifuyu with Accel disc, Mifuyu accel disc, Kaede use Magia. Wave 8/9 Kaede connect to Mifuyu with Accel disc, Mifuyu attack, Alina use magia. Wave 9/9 Mifuyu use Doppel, I had Kaede queued after this but all enemies died from Mifuyu's doppel so she never needed to attack.

last edited at Jul 30, 2020 11:54PM

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

On C6 Hard I was able to beat the mission in exactly 11 turns using the following team: 2s Mifuyu, ? Slot (I don't remember) Support Alina, and 2s Kaede. Wave 7/9 was Alina connect to Mifuyu with Accel disc, Mifuyu accel disc, Kaede use Magia. Wave 8/9 Kaede connect to Mifuyu with Accel disc, Mifuyu attack, Alina use magia. Wave 9/9 Mifuyu use Doppel, I had Kaede queued after this but all enemies died from Mifuyu's doppel so she never needed to attack.

Beating a blast challenge with 2/3 magia team? What a power move.

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

Hm... the Lapin fight was... extremely easy, I simply used my own Melissa and a support Rena, rapidly built up Melissa's Magia through Accel chains and then nuked Lapin to high heavens, took exactly one attempt, seemed like the most obvious, uncomplicated route to take and Lapin never got even close to building up her Magia.

That aside... we have got a new MagiReco collab, which by itself is rather pointless, it doesn't affect the game and all we get official art of the main characters in different outfits... but one detail that the internet was quick to pick up on, Iroha and Yachiyo are wearing matching Crescent Moon pendants here, and this sort of detail is exactly how you get the shippers excited for your main couple...

last edited at Jul 31, 2020 12:33PM

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

Hm... the Lapin fight was... extremely easy, I simply used my own Melissa and a support Rena, rapidly built up Melissa's Magia through Accel chains and then nuked Lapin to high heavens, took exactly one attempt, seemed like the most obvious, uncomplicated route to take and Lapin never got even close to building up her Magia.

I don't recall it being explained anywhere that the Tart Magica girls got a significant powerup for that battle(unless it was in the story, which I was skipping due to not having read/watched the first one), which meant it took me possibly a dozen battles to finish her off(luckily, autobattle was available for the second and subsequent rounds).

It definitely did say that the Tart Magica girls got a powerup

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

Not only it was mentioned in the tutorial bit that gets shoved in your face as soon as you open the final boss node the first time, it's sorta how this type of event always works, there will either be a meguca who is given massive damage multiplier, or a Memoria that gives the equipped meguca a massive damage multiplier, it was just experience talking to me to pay attention to where the damage bonus is.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

tutorial

I don't recall seeing that, but I could have just skipped it along with the story portion thinking it wouldn't be much different than the other boss fights of the story.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

There is for sure a little banner underneath that said something like "Fight alongside Darc, Liz, Melissa, and Elisa", but it doesn't spell it out there that they do extra damage. I don't remember a tutorial thing but if there was one, might have been the same.

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

Also like I said, experience speaks a lot to this, almost every event that followed this format has had a Super Boss at the end and some way to massively boost a meguca to take on said super boss.

• Tart 1 had this Memoria which is a secondary Personal for Melissa, meaning Melissa had the bonus.

• Another Daze had this Memoria which could be equipped to any girl for said boost.

• Magia Clash had bonuses to all Nanoha girls, meaning Nanoha herself, Fate and Hayate, which was a big problem if you were f2p, as the super bosses were Hayate, Fate and Nanoha in this order, and let me tell you, taking on a 3.5 million HP Flame super boss with a Forest girl was not fun...

• Tart 2 just now obviously had bonuses to all good-aligned Tart Magica girls, we are literally discussing this right now and I am listing it here just for competion's sake.

• Cross Connection had... nothing actually, Cross Connection didn't actually have a Super Boss, making it stand out a little among this event format and not need said damage bonus, I said "almost" specifically because of this one.

That aside, reminder to everyone that monthly reset hit so all the monthly shops are renewed.

last edited at Aug 1, 2020 12:13PM

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

Cross Connection had Meiyui - anybody not equipped with The Hand Arisa Grasped was just a meat shield. That had me checking out Hopes Combined, but it doesn't have that bonus.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Too bad I joined only at the beginning of the year. I missed a bunch of welfare units that may or may not get a rerun. :(

They all should return eventually, just like how Melissa was available again this event.

I have all the welfare units but I only have Ayame at one slot as I had only been playing for like 3 days and was stupid enough to not care about slots

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Well I guess it's just the waiting game then.

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/83349674

Touka x Ui x Nemu

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

The only event with a welfare that haven't been reran in JP, besides those too recent to have a rerun at all, has been Another Daze, it should get a rerun eventually, but it still hasn't, and it is particularly notable compared to the Tart events, Another Daze came out in November 20th 2017 and never got a rerun, meanwhile, Tart 1 came out in February 15th 2018, has got a rerun, then Tart 2 came out, has got a rerun as well, and we have had Tart 3.

This is largely because Tart Magica was uncontested the most popular spinoff before MagiReco became a thing, but the difference is still extremely notable, Melissa has been made available 4 times and was the second welfare to gain a 5-star uncap after gremlin Madoka, while Umika has been available exactly once and still stuck at 4-star.

last edited at Aug 2, 2020 11:20AM

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Was looking through 4chan's yuri board and found someone who shipped Nanaka with Sayaka. I guess it could work with a bodyguard crush like relationship.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Well it looks like yet another double grind event after having just one event where normal AP is used instead of event AP. :(

Well at least it gives more Destiny Bottles

Holdingsmall
joined Jan 15, 2020

For what is worth, the prices in the shop for this one are significantly better balanced than the last(Amane Twins) one, prices in this event range from being 6 to 10 times lower*, meaning it is significantly less grindy despite being the same event type.

Though I am at the point where I am kinda... tapped out on things to farm, I am missing only CC to max out every single Magia level minus the gremlin(CC that is available in the event shop so it's a matter of me getitng around to farm it), so I might just spend the entire event slam dunking 30AP Labyrinth of Awakening.

And yes, bottles are always useful, and they will remain useful until I max out slots on every 2/3* girl I have.

*: For reference: Tickets lowered from 50 to 8 currency each, making it 6.25x lower, while base books went from 10 to 1 currency each, a solid 10x lower.

last edited at Aug 3, 2020 12:09PM

Same I just need a few items and 2 million CC to max out all the magias as I grinded a lot of CC last event

I can get most of the items and all the CC from the shop so I will be able to max them out this event

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

We also have a full week for this event, so the double grind isn't too bad. The story's been shaping up to be very fun.

To reply you must either login or sign up.