Forum › Fascinating Witch discussion

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

alice can't be paired with anyone but marisa, patchy or yuka,
and this pairing have no sense at all, sanae is too stupid for the witch

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

Alice is trully a beauty ^^ She looked so beautifull with her glasses * - *
About the pairing, uh.. I don't really know much about Touhou and i also don't really like it but when it comes to Alice, Marisa or Patchy i'll read it with pleasure :) .. Alice fits with almost whomever, doesn't she? But i really liked Doll Suite and Plastic Heart (Which is just perfect! xD) So i prefer Alice x Patchouli :D

last edited at Apr 26, 2013 9:51AM

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

Alice is trully a beauty ^^ She looked so beautifull with her glasses -
About the pairing, uh.. I don't really know much about Touhou and i also don't really like it but when it comes to Alice, Marisa or Patchy i'll read it with pleasure :) .. Alice fits with almost whomever, doesn't she? But i really liked Doll Suite and Plastic Heart (Which is just perfect! xD) So i prefer Alice x Patchouli :D

After reading Happiness, Happy End, and I Have No Need For Someone Like You Patchy x Koakuma deserve eachother ... you have to read in the exact order I put them in so you understand the story if you do decide to read it ^_^

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Alice does feel out of character here.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Really? Personally I think this is one of the few doujins I've seen that portrays Alice much more like she is in the games; calm, somewhat aloof and not moe moe doki doki for Marisa. I like the more lovestruck blushy Alice as seen in dozens of doujins as well, but this version is a much more accurate depiction of her.

joined Mar 25, 2013

After reading Happiness, Happy End, and I Have No Need For Someone Like You Patchy x Koakuma deserve eachother ... you have to read in the exact order I put them in so you understand the story if you do decide to read it ^_^

Huh, Is "I Have No Need For Someone Like You" a continuation of "Happy End" ? I don't recall in "I Have No Need" to have retrospection to "Happiness" or "Happy End".
But then it's been a while when I read it.

drpepperfan Admin
joined Oct 12, 2010

Huh, Is "I Have No Need For Someone Like You" a continuation of "Happy End" ? I don't recall in "I Have No Need" to have retrospection to "Happiness" or "Happy End".
But then it's been a while when I read it.

Indeed it is. Panels from Happy End are even directly shown in the comic. Check it out, it's on the reader ;p

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

Really? Personally I think this is one of the few doujins I've seen that portrays Alice much more like she is in the games; calm, somewhat aloof and not moe moe doki doki for Marisa. I like the more lovestruck blushy Alice as seen in dozens of doujins as well, but this version is a much more accurate depiction of her.

true, this version is more alike, i like the serious alice, tsundere with marisa, but is the pairing that is not right,
but this is the good thing about touhou dj

patchy x koa is ok, but remi ?

last edited at Apr 26, 2013 12:20PM

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

I've already read it :) .. Not in the right order but nm.. Patchy x Koakuma really look good together but Alice x Patchy isn't so bad xD I like Alice and Patchy and that's why i like to see them together :)

Okay.. I've reread it.. And i have to admit. Patchy x Koakuma srsly deserver each other, but, but T-T .. Alice x Patchy.. T-T .. Whatever! Every yuri pair is the best! (* Bein' to desperate 'coz of choosing fav. pair so just goin' to say this and leave it alone * :D)

last edited at Apr 26, 2013 1:12PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

Yeah I just read it,indeed it is a continuation, the little extra at the end was hilarious.
Personally I prefer these -> Yukari x Reimu, Alice x Marisa, Koakuma x Patchouli, Remilia x Sakuya (In very rare cases Sakuya x Meiling if it's written well).
Especially the "The Young Girl and The Little Girl of ..." chapters by Personal Color, still haven't seen art that captures the emotions quite like these. The Alice x Marisa one every time I read it I tear up.Too bad it's not romantic between them there.

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

Yeah I just read it,indeed it is a continuation, the little extra at the end was hilarious.
Personally I prefer these -> Yukari x Reimu, Alice x Marisa, Koakuma x Patchouli, Remilia x Sakuya (In very rare cases Sakuya x Meiling if it's written well).
Especially the "The Young Girl and The Little Girl of ..." chapters by Personal Color, still haven't seen art that captures the emotions quite like these. The Alice x Marisa one every time I read it I tear up.Too bad it's not romantic between them there.

I agree the extra at the end had me laughing out loud :P
I kind of just started reading Touhou stuff >.< so I am still in the process of figuring what pairings I like best haha

Also I read some Alice x Patchy stuff earlier and they are pretty cute together I must admit ^_^

last edited at Apr 26, 2013 3:52PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Gotta agree, I like this aloof and together characterization of Alice better than the version with her having explosive nosebleeds and freaking out whenever Marisa is within 10 km. Not that I don't like the more romantic stuff, or the insecure version from Plastic Heart, but this is particularly nice.

Dunno about the pairing with Sanae though, there doesn't really seem much reason for them to be together so it ends up a bit sterile.

joined Nov 11, 2010

My first introduction to Patchouli x Koakuma was Patchun! Milk by Homura Subaru. It was pretty awesome already by itself, but I like it a lot better now after reading Happiness/Happy Ending/I Have No Need For Someone Like You.

As for Marisa, it kinda doesn't seem very popular among most of the fanbase, but I'm pretty sure I like her with Reimu by now. Don't really have any idea as for Alice though. I'm still not familiar with a lot of Touhou characters, including Sanae, but is their relationship hinted/supported at all in canon?

last edited at Apr 28, 2013 1:10AM

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Relationships being hinted in canon only came from fanon, if there are any hints at all.
Official books don't really say much about the love kind of relationships and familial relationships aren't commonly described. The ocean of works from Touhou you see today came from a puddle of information.

Sj%20celine%20icon
joined Mar 2, 2013

It's funny seeing what everyone likes personally I am a fan of PatchoullixAlice but also PatchyxKoakuma when it comes to Marisa I'm absolutely tired of seeing Marisa Alice with Alice acting like a complete idiot so some doujins have actually ruined that pairing for me D:> I actually like MarisaxReimu because of the main character relationship they maintain. I don't care for Remilia pairings but my absolute love is MeilingxSakuya I don't know why but I just ahASdhsgjdags >////<

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

All I can say is Touhou is probably one of the greatest testaments to the creative power of fandom, creating so much out of almost nothing, not even a framework really. The closest analog I can think of in the west would be Homestuck, which has had large parts of its canon storyline influenced by fan input (as confirmed with some pride by the series' creator).

drpepperfan Admin
joined Oct 12, 2010

All I can say is Touhou is probably one of the greatest testaments to the creative power of fandom, creating so much out of almost nothing, not even a framework really. The closest analog I can think of in the west would be Homestuck, which has had large parts of its canon storyline influenced by fan input (as confirmed with some pride by the series' creator).

Amen.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

It's funny seeing what everyone likes personally I am a fan of PatchoullixAlice but also PatchyxKoakuma when it comes to Marisa I'm absolutely tired of seeing Marisa Alice with Alice acting like a complete idiot so some doujins have actually ruined that pairing for me D:>

it's true, but when i read dj of some very good artist like personal color, i remember because mari x ali is my favorite pairing

Sj%20celine%20icon
joined Mar 2, 2013

It's funny seeing what everyone likes personally I am a fan of PatchoullixAlice but also PatchyxKoakuma when it comes to Marisa I'm absolutely tired of seeing Marisa Alice with Alice acting like a complete idiot so some doujins have actually ruined that pairing for me D:>

it's true, but when i read dj of some very good artist like personal color, i remember because mari x ali is my favorite pairing

Oh yeah Personal Color is AMAZING at doujin >w< I'm a huge fan of those.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I like Mari x Ali a lot, but I really can't stand the ones where Alice is having nosebleeds every other page or is just generally creepy about it. Stuff like MariAli or Before You Become Memories work better for me.

I do like Patchy x Alice a lot though, and I can see them together more so than, say, Marisa x Patchy.

joined Jan 30, 2013

Oh wow, how can Alice be so reserved and aloof yet alluring and fascinating at the same time?

last edited at Mar 3, 2015 7:51PM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

It seems I'm the only one that likes Sanae x Alice...Well, I suppose I like almost every Touhou pairing, but still! Sanae being young, impressionable and still getting used to Gensokyo meeting and falling for a cool, calm Alice is pretty nice.

aside from the badass alice character i love, i also like the calm and reserved type too.
also - since alice x patchouli is my touhou otp i’m a little biased to alice shipping, but sanae and alice is good too

9vumhg0
joined Jul 3, 2018

Well, time to read the other two Alice/Sanae works on this site, since this made me interested in the potential for this crack pairing.

Like everyone else, have to give props for Alice's portrayal here.

joined Aug 20, 2021

Oh wow, how can Alice be so reserved and aloof yet alluring and fascinating at the same time?

it’s a special trick known only to the seven colored puppeteer

To reply you must either login or sign up.