Forum › December's Melting Snow discussion

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

uncertain posted:

As far as Christmas one-shots go I think this one's the top of the pile.

It is in my top 10 yuri off all times!

Sangatsu-no-phantasia-girls-blue-happy-sad
joined Jan 20, 2019

why is my table so wet ?T.T?

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

After reading this I felt very calm. Just beautiful. This is a very good story although the story confused me at some points but still, amazing.

joined May 12, 2020

I'm so happy that I cried

joined May 15, 2018

i love it.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Ah, this one is still my fav. Such a great atmosphere, rare quality. Missing you tonight, Tsubomi!

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

This is a wonderfully fuzzy story, and an excellently-constructed one as well. The panelling is so good- diagonal segments mirror hand movements, lines of sight set up new directions and errant locks of hair parallel cut-ins, weaving between speech bubbles to create an incredible reading experience. My eyes felt like they were moving down a waterslide the whole time, and I've rarely come across a manga that's so gratifying to just stare at.

The soft, blush-like touches on the faces combine with the uniform shading on interiors to perfectly convey the dim, windy atmosphere of a winter evening, to the point where you might almost forget what the weather's like outside your own home. Every inch of every page just pulls you in, and not with overt, splashy images, but with this gentle, sleepy pace that's got you breathlessly invested before you even realize what's going on, like scattered chatter on a radio that somehow turns into a fascinating story.

This page in particular is one of my favourites- the dash of darkness up top gives way to the shadows of a furrowed brow, before cutting away to a wide view of the mansion, tilted to convey how magical it looks through a child's whimsical eyes, and then back to our protagonists to drive in how tiny they seem. I really love details like this- under moving, emotional stories lie the skill of artists to foster connections, to draw us into the worlds of these black-and-white characters and make us care about them as if they were breathing beside us, and in that regard, this story is a technical masterpiece.

Dynasty9
joined Aug 21, 2016

I loved this ohhh why did I forget about this...

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

A christmas one shot being featured in april? Well it was really good so ill let it slide

0ee2c60a-7956-404b-9118-b3d2a41bdeae
joined Dec 7, 2020

I love featured chapters so much. What a fucking gem of a one shot (wasn’t expecting THAT age gap)

Edit: THIS HAD A SEQUEL AND I was pleasantly surprised to see Kiyo end up with the little girl (aged up of course). Was expecting her to end up with her maid and raise Tomo as their child or smth

last edited at Apr 14, 2021 5:13AM

1011820_10203495624854953_6088973233617870240_n
joined Aug 29, 2019

Holy cow this was unexpectedly sentimental and beautyful! Thanks for the translation!
Directly to Favorites!

To reply you must either login or sign up.