Forum › A "small" topic for video games

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

Also this is probably the right place to ask...is it okay if I don't like SonoHana?

I don't like SonoHana. Much of what I've seen are very male oriented, which is quite a bit of a put off for me.

Also this is probably the right place to ask...is it okay if I don't like SonoHana?

I don't like SonoHana. Much of what I've seen are very male oriented, which is quite a bit of a put off for me.

Most people I know that have heard of the series are women though...

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I haven't been playing video games too much lately, but mobile wise, all I play right now is School Idol Festival. Too addicting. Console wise, slowly beating Mass Effect 1....yeah I joined in late haha.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I haven't been playing video games too much lately, but mobile wise, all I play right now is School Idol Festival. Too addicting. Console wise, slowly beating Mass Effect 1....yeah I joined in late haha.

Remember to wear your seatbelts in the Mako!

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Eh, loved those part, myself. Always pictured the whole squad not having seatbelts and being thrown around inside that thing, trying hard not to vomit their lunch and taking their anger on any foes that came their way.

"Why is my Shepard such a bitch ? Did you ever ride a Mako ?!" XD

Edit : Also, concerning western visual novels, I quite enjoyed the Heileen series, about an english girl going to the new world in the 17th century. You can buy either the het or yuri version of the game for the third installement, which unlock which characters you can romance. Took the yuri version, of course. Was a nice enough story, all in all, though it lacked a bit of "follow through" on some details that could have easily be done.

mostly thinking of the fact that in the third game, Heileen mentioned having her first kiss with one of the guy during the first game even though I made the choice so she kissed a girl at the time. Considering that I took the yuri version, I had hoped it would considered that obvious.

last edited at Oct 6, 2014 5:09PM

joined Jul 2, 2013

Maybe male oriented isn't true, but that's what it feels like to me anyways.

last edited at Oct 6, 2014 5:57PM

Maybe male oriented isn't true, but that's what it feels like to me anyways.

You gotta open up your mind, yo.

joined Jul 2, 2013

Brb gotta go get a hammer.

Edit: Its not working. There's red everywhere. What do I do?

last edited at Oct 6, 2014 6:33PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Brb gotta go get a hammer.

Edit: Its not working. There's red everywhere. What do I do?

I like it when the red water comes out

Ahem, yes. Well, that said it's not really that weird for stuff aimed at dudes in Japan ends up being widely known by women in the west. Pretty easy to see that happening, really.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Eh, loved those part, myself. Always pictured the whole squad not having seatbelts and being thrown around inside that thing, trying hard not to vomit their lunch and taking their anger on any foes that came their way.

Man even I get motion sickness watching my driving of the Mako. Do those missions get better in the next two games? Because they're pretty boring right now, but I try to complete them for the sake of finishing side missions :X

Konami
joined Jan 18, 2014

I hated mass effect 1 but I loved 2 and 3 so yeah I would say they get better.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Man even I get motion sickness watching my driving of the Mako. Do those missions get better in the next two games? Because they're pretty boring right now, but I try to complete them for the sake of finishing side missions :X

You don't have the Mako at all in the other games, although it would have been a good optional mini-game as an easter egg or something. Haven't played the third game though, I gather it spends a lot of time destroying everything you love.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

And may I say it's a travesty that my two biggest ships, Shep x Dr. Chakwas and Shep x Tali'zorah vas Normandy were never options.

"femShep, or as I like to call her, Shep." -- a friend of mine

Konami
joined Jan 18, 2014

And may I say it's a travesty that my two biggest ships, Shep x Dr. Chakwas and Shep x Tali'zorah vas Normandy were never options.

haha I like femshep x tali too and in me3 there were romance options for them so it was pretty awesome

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

haha I like femshep x tali too and in me3 there were romance options for them so it was pretty awesome

I can't find anything suggesting official romance options for Shep x Tali in any of the ME series, although you can in 2 and 3 as maleShep. I gather there was a hack that allowed it, but nothing without adding mods.

Konami
joined Jan 18, 2014

I can't find anything suggesting official romance options for Shep x Tali in any of the ME series, although you can in 2 and 3 as maleShep. I gather there was a hack that allowed it, but nothing without adding mods.

hmmm maybe I'm remembering it wrong but I couldve sworn I did it :(

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

ME2 was all like "we gave you the bisexual women, what more do you want?"

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Shep & Tali not being an option is definitely a travesty. I think there's even a point where you can flirt with Tali but she just gets embarassed. Not sure if I'm remembering that right though.

Sigh. For the longest time, something has been keeping me away from playing ME 3. Having stayed pure for her through the first two games with Shep, it may be because I am barred from romancing the best character in the series. Sigh.

To remedy this I started a new playthrough as a male, but somehow that just wasn't nearly as fun. Also, it felt like I was betraying Jennifer Hale. Not a good situation to be in.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I haven't read any VNs lately been doing other things. Mass effect is just sitting there waiting to be played haha sometime soon same with Skyrim well at least I got an hour on that one.

@Kyonne Damn it don't remind me of Metroid isn't there a new one yet? looks at F-zero right...also you like prime 2 more than 1 you're weird...Uprising broke my circle pad not smash bros I swear...

@mizozo Anytime I guess I can post my friend code sometime in the future I'm just being cautious I want to know if its safe to do that...so is it safe?

@Random Reader We'll have to wait and see it looks alright so far.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 2 soured me on Bioware, what a terrible mess was their writing (Citadel alleviated somewhat my issues with ME3 though).

Konami
joined Jan 18, 2014

@mizozo Anytime I guess I can post my friend code sometime in the future I'm just being cautious I want to know if its safe to do that...so is it safe?

I dont know if its safe or not but fuck it I'm gonna do it anyways. Anyone who wants to face me in smash bros or pokemon, my friend code is 0989 2497 1247

last edited at Oct 7, 2014 1:02AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I dont know if its safe or not but fuck it I'm gonna do it anyways. Anyone who wants to face me in smash bros or pokemon, my friend code is 0989 2497 1247

I don't know why I said "anytime" knowing well that I'll be busy tomorrow until late nervous laugh but I'll be around at night you can stalk me if you want 0817-5153-5599 is my FC cuz f*ck caution I guess. I haven't trained my Pokes for a while I think they are around the 70-80s I'll get back to train them this week. Oh and my console nickname is Rye but the name of the Miis are the ones that show up why? I dunno my Miis name is Reflect just in case.
Oh sh*t diferent regions uh...subtract 4-5 hours from this post...around that I think

last edited at Oct 7, 2014 2:32AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Shep & Tali not being an option is definitely a travesty. I think there's even a point where you can flirt with Tali but she just gets embarassed. Not sure if I'm remembering that right though.

Yeah, I was pretty miffed at not being able to romance Tali with Shepard (There's a male shepard ? Naaaaah !). She's my favorite character out there. And she kind of do some sort of confession in ME2, after her loyalty mission,

mentioning how linking two envirosuits is the highest show of trust between two people among her people and how the only one she trust that much is Shepard, who then tease her about blushing. It really got my hopes up, but it was never followed through...

Well, ME3 has Traynor, who was waaaaay better than Kelly as com officer. She was kind of awesome in the Citadel's storyline and follow-up interactions. XD

One thing that always surprised me is that Jack is not an option for Shepard when she does mention being bisexual during ME2, when asked about her past. Well, she's not my type, so don't care much, but felt a bit weird.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

mentioning how linking two envirosuits is the highest show of trust between two people among her people and how the only one she trust that much is Shepard, who then tease her about blushing. It really got my hopes up, but it was never followed through...

No kidding, it's such a huge tease showing that she was interested and flattered, but nope! You can't have nice things!!

Well, ME3 has Traynor, who was waaaaay better than Kelly as com officer. She was kind of awesome in the Citadel's storyline and follow-up interactions. XD

I had serious hopes for a Shepard x Dr. Chakwas romance in the first game. It would have been perfect, flirting in the med bay, swapping war stories, getting close over a bottle of some sort of space hooch. But nope, can't be seeing "mature" characters as attractive or romance material, no matter how much they seem to click with the MC.

One thing that always surprised me is that Jack is not an option for Shepard when she does mention being bisexual during ME2, when asked about her past. Well, she's not my type, so don't care much, but felt a bit weird.

Apparently there's evidence that Jack was supposed to be a "both" romance option, and it went far enough that they actually recorded the dialogue for that route. But it didn't make it to the final game for some inexplicable reason.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Although let's face it even if Bioware is a bit clumsy with their romance options, at least it's romance. In Skyrim, sure my female Dhovakiin can marry Aela the Huntress, but there's no romance beyond "You wanna?" and "Yup".

Pity, 'cuz Aela was hot.

This topic has been locked.