Forum › Summer '14 Yuri-ish anime

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Hanayamata was definitely yuri-ish, as is Yama no Susume. Hanamonogatari was about a lesbian and had some interesting character dynamics, but there's no point if you're not already a Monogatari fan. Momo Kyun Sword had some yuri-ish stuff going on in the background and little het, but is primarily a fanservice/action series. And I hear Glasslip has a lesbian, but I also hear it treats her horribly

last edited at Oct 1, 2014 11:23PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I liked em both, Sabagebu did not really get much outa me with the first episodes, but it picked up the laughs pretty good later on (totally made my weekends a laugh-a-ton along with Barakamon and Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun). Could consider it a yuri end XD

Locodol was pretty easy going and oddly enough I actually liked (I hate idol/music animes), lots of subtext there tho.

Jinsei had a bit of yuri-ish tones about it, getting translated by a fansub (a single person) so it's coming out quite slowly.

Don't know if there was anything else going on yuri-ish, those were the only ones I watched this season (+ Hanayamata, where you can ship Everyone x Everyone).

last edited at Oct 1, 2014 11:25PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

And I hear Glasslip has a lesbian, but I also hear it treats her horribly

I don't even know, they pretty much forgot all bout it and it just went on as if it never happened. I did not watch the series but from the reviews and comments it seems like it was all just shit.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Deserved, that girl is the devil I swear.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Deserved, that girl is the devil I swear.

Some girl is a lesbian. She's also the devil. That's pretty much the definition of "treating a character horribly," no?

Konami
joined Jan 18, 2014

The only one I saw was hanayamata which I thought was amazing.but now I'm gonna have to check some of these other ones you guy are talking about.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Locodol was the best. Yukari is really gay in the best possible way, all the girls are cute, and somehow it all came together very naturally. I seriously looked forward to that more than any other anime.

Hanayamata was a bit overdramatic and seemed... cliche? Stiff? It didn't work for me. I wanted to like it but it just wasn't for me.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Some girl is a lesbian. She's also the devil. That's pretty much the definition of "treating a character horribly," no?

Her being a lesbian as nothing to do with her being an asshole. You can be a bad person and be straight. I'd say my definition of "treating a character horribly" is more like... A good person and they get all the bad stuff happening to them.

For example the typical mecha heroine who is bound to be killed for the sake of the MC getting mad and progressing as a character, or the loser in a love triangle that not only loses his/her love interest but really get shafted in every possible way and quite possibly die a "dog's death".

To be fair, I've dropped the show quite early so I don't know what ultimately happened with all the love polygon action on the show. I don't really like P.A. Works because they always do the same "m-muh drama n relationship" especially when it's Okada Mari ( not this time ) doing the scripts and all.

Maybe it's because I'm older and can't really stand the whole "were teenagers in love and were going to go full retard".

last edited at Oct 2, 2014 7:18AM

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Hanayamata was awesome, most enjoyable thing I've seen in a while.
It's not yuri, but the subtext was strong. "Shippable" moments everywhere. Even the most basic yuri-goggles will show a lot.

Probably should watch some of those others.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

@spacepowers: Sadly which is kinda weird all things considered I was actually surprised in the last few eps Nanyako was pretty bold too. Anyone else thought Yui x Mirai was cute too? Oh and its sad that no one has picked up the manga.

And same here with Hanayamata and Sabagebu(THAT ENDING!). I'm starting to watch Yama no Susume we'll see.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Her being a lesbian as nothing to do with her being an asshole. You can be a bad person and be straight. I'd say my definition of "treating a character horribly" is more like... A good person and they get all the bad stuff happening to them.

Fair enough.

Locodol was the best. Yukari is really gay in the best possible way, all the girls are cute, and somehow it all came together very naturally.

Yukari is madly in love with Nanako, but I had the nagging feeling that the author will never break us out of the prison known as subtext every time they had one of their little moments together and it kind of detracted from my enjoyment of the show :[

Haha, Yukari's crush was so adorable. The only thing they could've done to make it more blatant was have others comment on it (like Sharo in GochiUsa). Locodol was a really, really surprising show. It seemed so much more genuine than most of its ilk, and even when the comedy didn't click with me, I still enjoyed every episode just for the characters.

Sabagebu! was also a surprise - though for entirely different reasons! Gayest, and funniest show of the year, I think.

It's a real shame neither of them sold worth anything...

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

On this thread suggestion I started seeing Locodol andit has become on one of my favorite series. I don't know if I have my yuri googles too tight but episodes 9 and 10 were dropping with so much subtext that I'm surprised Nanako and Yukari didn't kissed like there wasn't a tomorrow.

last edited at Oct 12, 2014 11:16PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.