Forum › Matching discussion

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Both versions were epic. I can't even find this creepy thanks to the straightforwardness of it all. It's also obvious that they were both phrasing it that way to those girls intentionally.

joined Aug 21, 2017

I got an incredibly strong sense of deja vu before I came to the discussion and realized that the previous version was an April Fool's version.

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

They are both so happy! Bless their little yuri hearts and screw the haters!

joined Jun 12, 2019

Yesss who cares if they’re always matching just leave them alone omg

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

riverFlower posted:

On another note, I liked how aspects of the story felt much more modern/realistic than other works, like the natural use of technology and drawing people on their phones/messing around doing whatever on page 61. Putting in attention to detail to draw those mundane acts lent it a feeling of realism.

In general I like how how full of live backgrounds are and that author really put effort into making every student look distinctive. Not to mention seeing people interact, friends and even couple or two. It really made it feel like they're going to actual school with other people. I like how you can see background characters, even some looking at them, while they argue next to lockers and when Hiromi confesses at the end. Most mangas don't bother to include stuff like that and usually make space around them empty.

last edited at Apr 8, 2020 4:39AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I like both versions - the april fools one was pretty funny. And I dont really get a creepy vibe from them- even if she used that word herself. Nothing wrong with them wearing matching stuff if they want. They were both into it- to be creepy it would need to be just one of them copying the other who didnt like her, imo,

20200611_003300
joined May 9, 2019

After reading the april fools ver, the real ver feels damn surreal

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

I actually prefer the gal pals version, this now just felt creepytown

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

is this some kind of twin fetish

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

Very nice. Just 2 friends saying I love you to each other

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

I really don’t understand what’s supposed to be so creepy about this. They just like matching outfits as a show of affection. It’s something they mutually enjoy doing and it hurts no one.
Now, if Yuka actually was just copying Hiromi without her consent, as the other girls seem to think is happening, then that would be kind of creepy. But that’s very clearly not what’s happening here.

After her outburst, Hiromi seems worried that she’s scared off Yuka and starts trying to distance herself from her preemptively. Yuka doesn’t want their relationship to end on this misunderstanding, and since Hiromi doesn’t send her a morning selfie to coordinate with, she brings all her cardigans to school so she can match whichever Yuka’s wearing on the spot. Again, not particularly creepy, more Rom-Com sweet. Just a cute way of showing visually how she feels about her.

To reply you must either login or sign up.