Forum › GridYuri Collection 1 discussion

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

Wait, shouldn't this be tagged with spoiler tag? Because I have discovered here that Akane is an android an it talks about chapters 4, 5 and 6 and etc. Just asking, maybe what it shows isn't so much spoilerish.

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

i need more of this couple

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Wait, shouldn't this be tagged with spoiler tag? Because I have discovered here that Akane is an android an it talks about chapters 4, 5 and 6 and etc. Just asking, maybe what it shows isn't so much spoilerish.

...I don't think anyone's an android here?

Fullsizeoutput_97
joined Jun 2, 2016

This couple is always so hot

Captura
joined Feb 7, 2018

Polioro is right, it has spoilers.

Also good stuff.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Varying degrees of nice

joined Jan 22, 2015

I was not prepared for page 5.

Alcoholism
joined Apr 15, 2017

I was not prepared for page 5.

Same, had to hide my screen for a sec lol

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Nice

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I haven't actually seen this show, but doesn't this ship sorta kinda count as incest, what with Akane being Rikka's creator and all? That'd explain why Taiyaki likes this ship so much, at least.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

I haven't actually seen this show, but doesn't this ship sorta kinda count as incest, what with Akane being Rikka's creator and all? That'd explain why Taiyaki likes this ship so much, at least.

The show keeps it pretty ambiguous, but the two main theories are that:-

a) Rikka was someone Akane knew and had a crush on in the real world, but she couldn't bring herself to confess to her for fear of revealing her otaku tendencies, which is why she creates a world where she's perfect and popular. Rikka still exists as a character in this world and Akane still pines for her, but can't close the distance. Rikka's character arc is about how she comes to terms with her existence and learns to accept Akane, reassuring her that it's okay to go to the real world and openly express her interests, prompting Akane to leave the artificial, wish-fulfillment world behind; and-

b) Rikka is a part of Akane, representing the 'normal' persona she wore in order to hide her otaku tendencies. The stress of this performance was so great that Akane dissociated from herself, turning the two into separate people. Akane and Rikka's reconciliation in the show represents self-acceptance, as Akane realizes that she can let Rikka be her own person in the artificial world while she tries to live more genuinely in the real world.

All in all, the ship occupies a weird space between incest (at least if you consider a god dating her creation as such), selfcest, and just a standard-ass lesbian schoolgirl relationship, depending on what you choose to perceive Rikka as. Personally, I like to see her as a real person who Akane drew inspiration from to create Artificial!Rikka, because Akane's character arc is complicated enough without multiple-personality shennanigans, and also because the entire point of Rikka's arc is that she's a 'normie' who gradually comes to understand and appreciate the world of tokusatsu by engaging with the people within it. My headcanon is that after Akane goes back to the real world, she confesses her feelings to Rikka and then they begin a genuine, honest relationship as equals.

1107caa0-b001-4ad0-a6c1-002016683af0
joined Jul 15, 2019

The show keeps it pretty ambiguous, but the two main theories are that:-

a) Rikka was someone Akane knew and had a crush on in the real world, but she couldn't bring herself to confess to her for fear of revealing her otaku tendencies, which is why she creates a world where she's perfect and popular. Rikka still exists as a character in this world and Akane still pines for her, but can't close the distance. Rikka's character arc is about how she comes to terms with her existence and learns to accept Akane, reassuring her that it's okay to go to the real world and openly express her interests, prompting Akane to leave the artificial, wish-fulfillment world behind; and-

b) Rikka is a part of Akane, representing the 'normal' persona she wore in order to hide her otaku tendencies. The stress of this performance was so great that Akane dissociated from herself, turning the two into separate people. Akane and Rikka's reconciliation in the show represents self-acceptance, as Akane realizes that she can let Rikka be her own person in the artificial world while she tries to live more genuinely in the real world.

All in all, the ship occupies a weird space between incest (at least if you consider a god dating her creation as such), selfcest, and just a standard-ass lesbian schoolgirl relationship, depending on what you choose to perceive Rikka as. Personally, I like to see her as a real person who Akane drew inspiration from to create Artificial!Rikka, because Akane's character arc is complicated enough without multiple-personality shennanigans, and also because the entire point of Rikka's arc is that she's a 'normie' who gradually comes to understand and appreciate the world of tokusatsu by engaging with the people within it. My headcanon is that after Akane goes back to the real world, she confesses her feelings to Rikka and then they begin a genuine, honest relationship as equals.

This post encapsulates my thoughts exactly, and I’m glad you addressed the other interpretations while still telling your own, cause when I first watched the show I was pretty confused as to what conclusion people had come to about their relationship (by that I mean no conclusion at all seeing as there’s still debates over this). I personally think option A fits best with Akane’s fear and desperation towards the end with how hard she tries to stop herself from having to face whatever lies in the real world and losing Rikka. Her last interactions with Rikka seem like encouraging Akane to act on what she’s learned from the Rikka she created. It feels personal enough to mean that Rikka is talking about her real self in specific rather than just general encouragement.

To reply you must either login or sign up.