Forum › 1 x ½ discussion

joined Jan 24, 2020

I think we're probably pretty close to the end. Google Translate is terrible with Japanese, of course, but if I interpreted a couple of Taiyaki's tweets from a while back correctly, she's said that this volume will be the last one. If I had to guess what's going to happen next, it might be that Ayako will say that she wants to reciprocate Asuka's feelings, but that she doesn't want things to go there while Asuka's still her dependent. (This would probably explain the combination of the "I love you" and the guarded body language, plus it's an issue that has been brought up a few times in the manga itself.) I think they'll definitely be lovers at the end, though, since Taiyaki has pretty much straight up said that's what's going to happen. Possibly it'll be something along the lines of a time-skip to a year or two later with Asuka returning home from college, and then they go to the new bed together, and then a happily-ever-after final chapter.

If I'm right that we're close to the end, there are a few things I wish had been explored a bit more before this point, but overall that would be a very satisfactory ending, IMO.

HonestYuriHawk
joined Apr 5, 2018

We haven't had another reference to it, and it is a bit late for it to be pre-realisation, so maybe it will turn out to have just been for that scene... although I suppose they could have done the shopping/ordering off-screen.

Well in terms of time passing within the story, the bed conversation likely didn't happen that long ago. It happens at the end of chapter 10 and then chapter 11 is the wedding. Its true that a lot of chapters of flashback (the dark days) happened in between putting physical page distance between it and the current point, however I don't think it would be odd to see this plot point again since its possible it might have happened just days ago.

It could be pretty fun... Ayako gets home from work to find Asuka unusually exuberant... "Hey mom, guess what happened today"... throws open her bedroom door, throws herself on the bed and poses "***our*** bed arrived!" (big grin).

I suppose there could also be a call back much later, going bed shopping as a sign Ayako has completely accepted their relationship (along with some "I can't believe I was that oblivious" reminiscing).

I hope we see it again since you're right. It could be pretty fun to watch the possible scenarios play out. Also if it gets brought up again it puts pressure on the two of them to share a bed together again. I also don't see Asuka just forgetting the fact that she used to be able to sleep next to Ayako every night and then was told she couldn't until they get a new bed. Shes definitely going to want that bed if she can get it!

(mood reasoning: With confirmation Ayako feels the same way as she does (even if they aren't supposed to be acting on it), Asuka is going to be on cloud nine for a while... I wonder what Rui will make of it)

I think Jun at least is certainly going to be suspicious since he knows Asuka is in love with Ayako and knows there are probably only a few things that would make her this happy. I wonder if Asuka will tell him herself since he seems to be more or less accepting of her situation even if he doesn't think its normal and I imagine Asuka might want to have someone to talk with someone about it depending on how things develop. Although I suppose Akira could also work, but I can see Asuka being a bit hesitant to go to her.

As for Rui, I can see her making a playful guess that it has to do with her mother, and Asuka being unable to hide her emotions could lead to Rui asking more questions about what could possibly have happened with her mother to make her so happy.

HonestYuriHawk
joined Apr 5, 2018

I hope this relationship won’t turn out like Dear My Teacher, where they both are waiting for Asuka to turn of age and time is lagging in the story and jumps to the end where they get together officially

If they do go this route I really hope that they at least have a decent amount of story after they become official. It would crush me if there was only one or two chapters where we get to see them in a official relationship.

I think we're probably pretty close to the end. Google Translate is terrible with Japanese, of course, but if I interpreted a couple of Taiyaki's tweets from a while back correctly, she's said that this volume will be the last one.

It would be unfortunate if we were this close to the end. Does anyone else know anything about this? I'm personally hoping the we get to see at least 2 volumes worth from this point. 1 volume for them to deal with the implications of their feelings, and another to act on their feelings and act like a couple.

If I'm right that we're close to the end, there are a few things I wish had been explored a bit more before this point, but overall that would be a very satisfactory ending, IMO.

Yes there are still quite a few points that can still be explored like Akira's guilt and Ayako's past. Perhaps if there is a Miyuki spinoff, we will be lucky enough to see more of Ayako and Asuka's relationship there.

Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

I think we're probably pretty close to the end. Google Translate is terrible with Japanese, of course, but if I interpreted a couple of Taiyaki's tweets from a while back correctly, she's said that this volume will be the last one.

It would be unfortunate if we were this close to the end. Does anyone else know anything about this? I'm personally hoping the we get to see at least 2 volumes worth from this point. 1 volume for them to deal with the implications of their feelings, and another to act on their feelings and act like a couple.

I'm 99% sure that this volume can't be the last one since current chapter is the last "normal" chapter in it. Next we are going to have an extra chapter and then with volume release some extra pages, afterwords and usual staff. So we'll only see a continuation of the last scene in the new volume, what a joy!

joined Jan 24, 2020

I'm 99% sure that this volume can't be the last one since current chapter is the last "normal" chapter in it. Next we are going to have an extra chapter and then with volume release some extra pages, afterwords and usual staff. So we'll only see a continuation of the last scene in the new volume, what a joy!

Ah, that's good to hear, even if it does mean we have to wait longer for the continuation. (As I said, that was based on Google Translate, which... yeah.) I think that it would seem kind of rushed if the ending actually was imminent. I do think we're probably well past the halfway point, though, just going by how much things have progressed.

joined Feb 14, 2019

I hope this relationship won’t turn out like Dear My Teacher, where they both are waiting for Asuka to turn of age and time is lagging in the story and jumps to the end where they get together officially

I wouldn't mind if it followed DMT in the aspect that it continued after they got together, following them working out life as a couple (though hopefully with more frequent chapters).

As for waiting, I'm pretty sure Asuka won't stand for that. Besides in DMT the delay meant they were no longer student and teacher, Ayako will always be Asuka's mother, waiting won't change that.

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

One thing I really like is how naturally dominant Ayako is when she's in the right kind of mood. and how she doesn't even realize it. Her instincts kick in and she is total aggressor on Asuka. It's extremely sexy.

Especially considering how insistent Asuka gets about doing things with Ayako, for Ayako to flip the tables on her is just... very nice.

HonestYuriHawk
joined Apr 5, 2018

One thing I really like is how naturally dominant Ayako is when she's in the right kind of mood. and how she doesn't even realize it. Her instincts kick in and she is total aggressor on Asuka. It's extremely sexy.

Especially considering how insistent Asuka gets about doing things with Ayako, for Ayako to flip the tables on her is just... very nice.

Completely agree. As aggressive as Asuka can be, when Ayako gets going I definitely see her being the more dominate of the two. For example in chapter 13.1a. I think this gives us a pretty good idea of what is to come.

joined Feb 14, 2019

Completely agree. As aggressive as Asuka can be, when Ayako gets going I definitely see her being the more dominate of the two. For example in chapter 13.1a. I think this gives us a pretty good idea of what is to come.

Asuka has her moments too .... suspect the long term pattern will be switching, they are very much alike ;)

I'm hoping there is a scene where Asuka talks about some past stuff with her mom, and her perspective on certain events. I can see Ayako dying of embarrassment with the realisation of what her playful motherly scolding looked like for Asuka, and how close she came to accidentally making her innocent 14yo daughter come.

joined Jan 21, 2020

Btw someone correct me if im wrong, but didnt taiyaki at some point basically confirm there was gonna be a sex scene ? I seem to remember someone mentioning that in here and linking the tweet

Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Btw someone correct me if im wrong, but didnt taiyaki at some point basically confirm there was gonna be a sex scene ? I seem to remember someone mentioning that in here and linking the tweet

That's the fourth time this link being posted in this thread I think... But I guess it's that important.
https://twitter.com/tiyk66/status/1135754820638236673

last edited at Apr 6, 2020 5:17AM

HonestYuriHawk
joined Apr 5, 2018

Asuka has her moments too .... suspect the long term pattern will be switching, they are very much alike ;)

I'm hoping there is a scene where Asuka talks about some past stuff with her mom, and her perspective on certain events. I can see Ayako dying of embarrassment with the realisation of what her playful motherly scolding looked like for Asuka, and how close she came to accidentally making her innocent 14yo daughter come.

Good point. Hopefully we get to see both of them being dominate. Also yes, I would love a scene where they talk about past feelings. It would be amazing to see their reactions.

joined Jun 25, 2017

HOLY SHIT SHE SAID IT BOYS

(Happy tears)

joined Jun 25, 2017

Yes! She did say their would be eventually.

Avtest
joined Jan 13, 2020

Taiyaki wanted everyone overseas to know that updates might be slow for a little bit. Because of the coronavirus, she's been really busy helping out at her family's restaurant. They converted from being an Italian restaurant to doing okonomiyaki because sales were slow, and from her following on Twitter plus a few famous VAs' retweets, this generated a ton of press (TV news, etc). They're doing really really well, but things with 1 1/2 might run a little behind schedule.

joined Jun 25, 2017

Taiyaki wanted everyone overseas to know that updates might be slow for a little bit. Because of the coronavirus, she's been really busy helping out at her family's restaurant. They converted from being an Italian restaurant to doing okonomiyaki because sales were slow, and from her following on Twitter plus a few famous VAs' retweets, this generated a ton of press (TV news, etc). They're doing really really well, but things with 1 1/2 might run a little behind schedule.

Ah, thank you for the translation. I was confused on her Twitter. Like I understood she said updated would be slow, but I didn't know why. Thank you for clearing that up.

joined Jun 25, 2017

You guys subscribe to Taiyaki's pixiv if possible! It's not a lot of money, but I'm sure it can encourage and help her.

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

goddammit. just when it was getting really good

Avtest
joined Jan 13, 2020

On that subject, if anyone's interested in buying the series, I was looking at the digital editions recently (note that there are no previous volumes on Fantia/Pixiv because of Amazon's seller TOS) and Amazon offered me half the first 4 books' price in points toward a future book purchase which should be usable on the next 4. So I thought that was a good way of picking the whole thing up and supporting her. I really hope she can find a publisher soon, her tenacity (self-publishing for years, meeting with a couple publishers but which fell through, now this situation) is super impressive.

edit: I should also mention that if you've ever added a US address, you have to switch your digital content region to Japan separately in "manage devices and content" for digital books to show up, otherwise they'll default to your home region and show as "Currently unavailable". This tripped me up because I had a Japanese address on file for other purchases, but the digital download region is a separate setting.

last edited at Apr 14, 2020 2:09PM

joined Jun 25, 2017

On that subject, if anyone's interested in buying the series, I was looking at the digital editions recently (note that there are no previous volumes on Fantia/Pixiv because of Amazon's seller TOS) and Amazon offered me half the first 4 books' price in points toward a future book purchase which should be usable on the next 4. So I thought that was a good way of picking the whole thing up and supporting her. I really hope she can find a publisher soon, her tenacity (self-publishing for years, meeting with a couple publishers but which fell through, now this situation) is super impressive.

Thank you for info.
And YESSSSS, she needs to get published.

last edited at Apr 14, 2020 3:14AM

joined Jun 25, 2017

While we wait for more... Anyone know what the hell the title of this manga is? Heard it's about an aunt and her niece? By: Ikuhana Niiro

https://www.amazon.in/Anenomusumetotadashikuaritaisekainowatashi-Yurisyosetu-Japanese-Ayakana-ebook/dp/B084ZVBMMW

Avtest
joined Jan 13, 2020

The title is 姉の娘と正しく在りたい世界の私, the Japanese store link is here. It looks interesting!

last edited at Apr 16, 2020 4:27PM

joined Jun 25, 2017

The title is 姉の娘と正しく在りたい世界の私, the Japanese store link is here. It looks interesting!

Thank you for info!

last edited at Apr 16, 2020 9:51PM

joined Jun 25, 2017

Here is some more info:
https://twitter.com/saionzi_ayakana/status/1230777515649597440?s=19

It says it's about an aunt who runs a coffee shop and takes over taking care of her niece because her parents abandoned her?? They start living together. And the title of the manga is: I want to be with my sisters daughter properly.

Hmmmmm. Anybody want to translate this manga?

I'm curious now. Lol

I'm sure it's no 1x1/2, nothing can beat Ayako/Asuka's amazing development. But still... While we wait. Lol

Ao3
joined Apr 23, 2019

Patiently here we wait, for more gay and incestuous chapters...

To reply you must either login or sign up.