Forum › Since I'm Not Popular, There's Slope Magic discussion

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

There's seriously no call for personal attacks against someone just because they like a character that you don't. It doesn't matter if they're in the right or wrong on that, the reaction is completely out of proportion and doesn't belong here.

Yeah, I haven't made a single personal attack. I called someone's attitude about a certain situation asinine and childish. That's an attack on someone's actions, not them as a person. The only personal attacks I've made are on a fictional character, which is not protected by any of the rules. But, I understand what you're going for. I'll just completely ignore anything that certain people decide to share from now on.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

And sometimes people like characters BECAUSE they're complete assholes, provided that's what's the character is intended to be. (Characters who are supposed to be viewed as heroes or whatever but just come off as jerks are another story, though).

Screenshot%202022-04-17%2012.01.52%20pm
joined Sep 21, 2019

My girl Minami deserve some love.

I'll admit it. I felt sorry for her when she was crying at the beginning of Chapter 129: Because I'm Not Popular, I'll Tell You.

I'm a softy. ♥

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Absolutely delusional. She deserves to be ostracized and excluded until she realizes what a piece of shit she is.

She's pretty cute in her awfulness, so it's harder to hate her.

Not at all.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Minami is acting like that because unlike who was a loner and awkward socially, she was a loner but not socially awkward. Minami is acting like a bitch because the first friends she made was acting like that and she had to also act like that to not being a loner. #Minamididnothingwrong .

I mean, whatever helps you sleep at night. I bet if they didn't have the best appearance, you wouldn't even give it a second thought or try to justify it. She's like a wolf in sheep's clothing, but everyone still knows she's a wolf.

However, I guess it's a good thing to see the best in some people instead of fighting fire with fire, but only if it's done indiscriminately, which I doubt is the case most of the time (including now, based of off your earlier comments).

last edited at Mar 9, 2020 7:07PM

Untitled-2
joined Aug 17, 2014

I still hate minami and happy with the current karma she have.

become loner itself that she hate and searching refuge from her only "friend"

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Tbh I don't think she will be a loner, Mako is too much of a saint to let Minami alone.

Official%20beidou%20cropped
joined May 22, 2016

Minami is acting like that because unlike who was a loner and awkward socially, she was a loner but not socially awkward. Minami is acting like a bitch because the first friends she made was acting like that and she had to also act like that to not being a loner. #Minamididnothingwrong .

LOL
"Minami is just acting like a bitch to fit in, she did nothing wrong"
Lmfao oh my god, laughs in confusion

And sometimes people like characters BECAUSE they're complete assholes, provided that's what's the character is intended to be. (Characters who are supposed to be viewed as heroes or whatever but just come off as jerks are another story, though).

Yeah that's fair, characters who are assholes aren't necessarily unlikable, however, sounds like Lilliwyt is outright trying to justify her behaviour and pretty much saying that Minami acts like an asshole, thinks like an asshole, speaks like an asshole, but magically isn't an asshole and is not to blame for her actions lmaoo
If it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, then... ?
I mean, it's okay to like her, but it sounds really damn weird and ridiculous to be that oblivious to her assholery. Sure you can sympathise and try to explain how "society" and the "pressure from social hierarchy" encourage all sorts of behaviour, but to state that she did nothing wrong, then fuuuckk lmao. That's some next level denial right there.
Fuck victims of bullying amirite, bullies did what they had to do xd

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Was trying to make a joke of "Homura did nothing wrong" but guess some peoples just don't understand it. My bad I guess

I mean, it's okay to like her, but it sounds really damn weird and ridiculous to be that oblivious to her assholery

And I never pretend she wasn't did i ? I justify why she was an asshole and never deny she was an asshole. DOn't get me wrong on that one, I'm full aware of what Minami's behavior and really wished Nico tone her down and make her less obnoxious but I don't think it's the plan. I maintain that Minami is a person who is afraid to be alone and act mean to others in order to be popular. I just wish Mako can help her.

I don't really understand what it blow up out of proportions and you understand something I wasn't even trying to said

Screenshot%202022-04-17%2012.01.52%20pm
joined Sep 21, 2019

I don't really understand what it blow up out of proportions and you understand something I wasn't even trying to said

Hell, everybody is taking this way too seriously. I feel like I stumbled across a fistfight about Alexandra Cabot from Josie and the Pussycats.

ADT555 Uploader
_006
DB Scans
joined Jun 26, 2017

Untitled-2
joined Aug 17, 2014

and this one page is why I still hate her, from first appearance.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

and this one page is why I still hate her, from first appearance.

She was set up to be almost irredeemable, so the only thing the author can really do now is have someone seriously break her to the point of an epiphany and drastic change. I'm betting Yoshida. I'm hoping Yoshida.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

This is a good doujin. it catches the spirit well. Tomoko and Minami can both be terrible jerks. Asuka knows that, references it, and still points out the differences very succinctly and insightfully. Tomoko and Minami have similar insecurities, hangups and reasons for being jerks. But Tomoko keeps some of her evil thoughts to herself and Minami can't. and tomoko grew out of her kill all normies phase but minami hasnt outgrown her shun all the unpopular phase.

To reply you must either login or sign up.