Forum › Riko & Haru & Irukawa Hot Springs discussion

joined Nov 26, 2017

Looking forward to the translation in some chapters, but the story is pretty good.

ametueraspirant
80e3d94cc0506fdcdd4caca92582f00c
joined Mar 4, 2014

has it really ended? well better to go out swinging than stay until you're as bloated as naruto I suppose.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

has it really ended? well better to go out swinging than stay until you're as bloated as naruto I suppose.

Watch it, bud. Unless you mean late Shippuden (Anime).

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/riko_haru_irukawa_hot_springs_ch15#19
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/riko_haru_irukawa_hot_springs_ch16#14

There is literally no excuse to not resolve Haru's gayness after a setup this clear. There are literally no two ways to interpret those pages. I'm willing to bet money that the editor axed the yuri.

I'm actually legit angry right now

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

YuuMimo posted:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/riko_haru_irukawa_hot_springs_ch15#19
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/riko_haru_irukawa_hot_springs_ch16#14

There is literally no excuse to not resolve Haru's gayness after a setup this clear. There are literally no two ways to interpret those pages. I'm willing to bet money that the editor axed the yuri.

I'm actually legit angry right now

If there is yuri, they can't be everyone's imaginary waifus. Also it alienates not gay people. Pick bs reason you hate less.

joined Nov 26, 2017

There are more things to improve about, I hope that the author will dare to explore.

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

If there is yuri, they can't be everyone's imaginary waifus. Also it alienates not gay people. Pick bs reason you hate less.

I think it's because it alienates not gay people by making it so that the characters can't be their imaginary waifus

I have seen the authors website and she doesn’t talk about any executive meddling.

I don't think it's commonplace to talk about it when there is meddling. And it probably wasn't really something forceful, just the realisation that going for the yuri isn't a good market strategy. I just used strong words because I was angry. But if you look at the pages I linked, the issue of Haru's sexuality is brought up, and then just randomly left unresolved - I think it's obvious that back around chapters 15-16 the author planned to go full yuri.

last edited at Feb 16, 2018 5:22AM

joined Dec 4, 2016

Great manga. Anyway if you complain it doesn't become full blown yuri maybe because yuri is not the focus, this is manga with strong substext as main selling but at core this is light hearted slice of life manga.

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

Great manga. Anyway if you complain it doesn't become full blown yuri maybe because yuri is not the focus, this is manga with strong substext as main selling but at core this is light hearted slice of life manga.

I'll have to disagree with you there. Subtext mangas don't have stuff like the two pages I linked. What Riku did later can be considered as kiss teasing, but what we're shown Haru doing is clearly confronting her sexuality

joined Dec 4, 2016

They don't even call it subtext in japan. On dynasty we call it subtext for mild Yuri.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Just because yuri is not the focus it doesn't mean, there can't be any progression on it. It isn't like being 1 genre exclude everything else. Honestly though, in first chapter Haru has a nosebleed because she got so turned off by Riko's body and you are trying to tell me, it is subtext at best. I can't understand how this manga failed to deliver more. I mean, after this scene I expected it to be full blown yuri.

joined Dec 4, 2016

Certain developments are not always favorable for the story. There can confession and they can became lovers and then what? The manga will lose it's light hearted nature and harder to write for author, I imagine.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Yikuph posted:

Certain developments are not always favorable for the story. There can confession and they can became lovers and then what? The manga will lose it's light hearted nature and harder to write for author, I imagine.

If that is the case then author shouldn't include them in the first place, if they are going to ruin the story they are trying to tell. And yet they still added them anyway, but then completely ignored them. Also I have no idea why you think them hooking up would make manga less light-hearted by default.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Yikuph posted:

You are aware that they wouldn't need to become lovers for things to be adequately concluded, right? There was never ANY conclusion to her sexuality. It just kinda got totally forgotten altogether.

joined Dec 4, 2016

Yikuph posted:

You are aware that they wouldn't need to become lovers for things to be adequately concluded, right? There was never ANY conclusion to her sexuality. It just kinda got totally forgotten altogether.

Who are you talking again? I know already everyone is gay though, if that's what conclusion you want.

joined Dec 4, 2016

Yikuph posted:

If that is the case then author shouldn't include them in the first place, if they are going to ruin the story they are trying to tell. And yet they still added them anyway, but then completely ignored them. Also I have no idea why you think them hooking up would make manga less light-hearted by default.

Like I said subtext is the main selling but the author never intended it to be full blown yuri with any romances develop. Romance development between Haru and Riko is unnecessary, it makes manga more serious romantic centered and lose some of easy going and comedic aspect. Like what are they gonna do with one of twin crush? Do you want to make it tragedy unrequited love story?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Yikuph posted:

Like I said subtext is the main selling but the author never intended it to be full blown yuri with any romances develop.

1. You don't know what author intended unless they said it somewhere.
  2. "Subtext". You seem to have funny definition of it then.
  3. You just admitted subtext is the main selling, when just not long before you said, it being a light-hearted slice of life is its main focus. Make up your mind.
  4. As I said before, work doesn't have to be a "full blown yuri" to has some yuri elements in it.

Romance development between Haru and Riko is unnecessary, it makes manga more serious romantic centered and lose some of easy going and comedic aspect. Like what are they gonna do with one of twin crush? Do you want to make it tragedy unrequited love story?

1. Again. You are saying it is unnecessary, but author already put that possibility into the story.
  2. Again. For some reason you are assuming more progression of yuri=more serious story. I see no reason why author couldn't still keep the light-hearted theme. They interaction could not change much and be still mostly goofy and funny. Hell they already did a comedic duo with them being a couple and doing stuff in the morning and it was somehow played for laughs.
  3. Again. Why it has to be tragedy? Simplest solution would be making it that twin realizes her feelings weren't true love, but I can see it making people complain and if you don't want to go with her simply recognizing she lost and not let it change their relationship (because it could be "too serious" for you), there is still a lot other options. She could simply not give up and try to win Riko over even harder making it a sorta love triangle comedy. I'd need to re-read and think about it to come with other possibilities, but it is really funny how you just assume there is only 1 outcome for every thing. Your imagination seems to be either really poor or you just think each story has only 1 possible way to be told.
Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

Yikuph posted:

a quick lesson on good story telling chekhov's gun: if it doesn't matter don't include it.

joined Dec 4, 2016

Showing attraction to Riko only matter as subtext nature of manga not mean as foreshadowing future romance.

Badass%20yuyuko%20-%20avatar2
joined Dec 4, 2015

I won't focus on things that were already discussed, so I'll just say:
I'm so sad right now... It should have had at least 6 volumes, 4 felt a bit too short.

6d773abd5093e0f04807bae3fb796be4cee752bf
joined Mar 27, 2015

And once again, nothing fucking happened  ̄_(ツ)_/ ̄

Well, at least I cleared it from my backlog.

last edited at Dec 20, 2018 4:32PM

Budokan2
joined Jan 13, 2015

Why is this tagged as yuri even though it's just subtext at best? That's prolly why people are pissed off lol. People are gonna rely on the tags coz they won't automatically know what's it about. It was good but I was expecting yuri since it was tagged as yuri. The yuri crush tag is spot on but i suggest a tag change from yuri to subtext just to not mislead people.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Oh I enjoyed this. It's a bit too soft yuri for my taste, but there's clearly a few different feelings going both ways in different ways. Also, it kinda has big polyamory energy, idk. I know I'm too willing to feel that, but eh, I do feel it. I feel like the club is like, 2 frank conversations away from dissolving into a polycule.

joined Jul 26, 2016

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/riko_haru_irukawa_hot_springs_ch16#21
Can anyone tell me what haru's fetish is here?

Pretty sure that's just a case of Too Gay To Function

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

Oh hell....I forgot this even existed. Well...re-reading it....it wasn't a bad ending. About what you would expect from a subtexty gag comic.

To reply you must either login or sign up.