Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

fair enough lmao

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Nezchan, your position as my favourite mod is no longer undisputed.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

What'd she do?

joined Oct 22, 2018

What'd she do?

Nothing really, it's just that OrangePekoe has been doing a lot good recently that put Nezchan's status as my favourite mod into dispute. Basically, it's now a close competition between the two, even though they probably don't care about this at all, lol.

last edited at Jan 30, 2020 5:02PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

BTW, I screenshoted, merged together and edited (read: simplified by deleting the buttons, quotes, and info about when a dynasty reader joined and how many posts they've made) what I consider to be the most hilarious convo on Dynasty Reader (you can find it at the Hana ni Arashi thread), and then I posted it over at a subreddit that gives the chance to be featured in a Cowbelly video. Let's all hope that KueKyuuQ's, Nevri's, Nezchan's, shadesofgreymoon's, DY4Y's, mine, Heavensrun's and Nyaahchan's hard work back in late September and early October pays off for this site! If it gets featured, I'll consider it a victory, not for me, but for Dynasty Reader!.

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

Bots need to be smarter. They need to cater to the audience's taste. For example, if they said, "Click on this link for a free signed box set of Bloom Into You," I would click on it within a heartbeat.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Bots need to be smarter. They need to cater to the audience's taste. For example, if they said, "Click on this link for a free signed box set of Bloom Into You," I would click on it within a heartbeat.

Shit same actually.

Anyway BV I misread your comment as Nezchan being undisputedly your favorite, rather than no longer undisputably your favorite. OrangePekoe is my favorite too :)

joined May 8, 2017

I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for shows or books or manga (or anything else) with really good dialogue.

joined Oct 22, 2018

@Elesa

I read the post that you've deleted since, but I didn't reply before because I didn't know (and, to be completely honest here, still don't know) how to reply. I wish some us could come to you and assure you we'd be there you at any time, but at least some of us lack the funds and time, and we also don't know where you live. Maybe you could try talking to a psychiatrist and/or calling your country's suicide prevention hotline?

Dynasty%20icon
joined Nov 18, 2018

I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for shows or books or manga (or anything else) with really good dialogue.

Most quality shows/books/manga have quality dialogue imo but I think Still Sick (the manga) is pretty good

Oyasumi Punpun

joined May 8, 2017

Thanks for the recommendations, yuriwave and Ninzin!

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Guess i should hold an apologize for the locking of the Childhood Friend Yuri(?) thread as I think i shouldn't have step out of my way to talk about matter that doesn't concerned me. I know now that i shouldn't talk lightly on delicate subject like Transgender and TERFs comments so i guess i would stop commentings on such subjects. I will honestly understand if i must face some consequences on any sorts.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

^Well, the original hateful comment that seemed to draw frequent quoting by being placed right at the bottom of the first page there seems to have been removed now, so hopefully there will be less such trouble in the future.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Guess i should hold an apologize for the locking of the Childhood Friend Yuri(?) thread as I think i shouldn't have step out of my way to talk about matter that doesn't concerned me. I know now that i shouldn't talk lightly on delicate subject like Transgender and TERFs comments so i guess i would stop commentings on such subjects. I will honestly understand if i must face some consequences on any sorts.

Fair enough. We'll just move forward on that basis. Thanks for understanding.

joined Mar 5, 2019

tap dances awkwardly around

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Tap dancing is fun.

@BV

I removed one of your posts. No ill will, feel free to DM me on Discord Orange Pekoe #0863 if you don't understand my reasoning. Take care.

last edited at Feb 4, 2020 11:46AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

@BV

I removed one of your posts. No ill will, feel free to DM me on Discord Orange Pekoe #0863 if you don't understand my reasoning. Take care.

Even though I wanna know a) which post even was it? and b) the reasoning behind it? asking over Discord is gonna be kinda difficult, since, y'know, ever since my grandma got really sick almost 3 months ago (she's still sick to this day) I've lost access to the only device I had a Discord account active... Maybe I should open a new account?

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

@BV

Even though I wanna know a) which post even was it? and b) the reasoning behind it? asking over Discord is gonna be kinda difficult, since, y'know, ever since my grandma got really sick almost 3 months ago (she's still sick to this day) I've lost access to the only device I had a Discord account active... Maybe I should open a new account?

You could also log in to the same account on a new device?

Edit: Also, presumably it was a post in here, considering the location of Pekoe's message

last edited at Feb 4, 2020 1:26PM

joined May 8, 2017

Edit: Also, presumably it was a post in here, considering the location of Pekoe's message

Or maybe because BV frequents this forum, Pekoe thought that the best place to contact BV is here

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Or maybe because BV frequents this forum, Pekoe thought that the best place to contact BV is here

Naw it was here, I remembered the one in here it was and it's not there anymore.

joined Mar 5, 2019

Hey, does anyone know Grail's address on discord? S/he seems really cool, and I want to get ahold of them to acquire The Friendship (or at least try).

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Hey, does anyone know Grail's address on discord? S/he seems really cool, and I want to get ahold of them to acquire The Friendship (or at least try).

Two things, the first is that 'they' is an easier and more inclusive third person pronoun for someone you don't know the gender of, and the second is that that's really information you should only get through the person themselves or with their permission.

joined Mar 5, 2019

Two things, the first is that 'they' is an easier and more inclusive third person pronoun for someone you don't know the gender of, and the second is that that's really information you should only get through the person themselves or with their permission.

But there's no way to directly contact someone on here, hence the trouble I'm having. Also with the "they", totally apologize, I'm half asleep.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

We should have Solo Leveling in Dynasty

To reply you must either login or sign up.