Forum › Your True Color discussion

joined Mar 5, 2019

This one's going to be interesting! I find myself thinking the fan is a little yikes, but I'm wondering if Sumika is actually hoping to help her out of that.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Made me think of Aqua Blue Cinema, haha. Well, looking forward to seeing these two develop.

Very interesting, I can't wait to see what's next, as my shipping ass, already ships it, also the art is really pretty. I'm excited for this.

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

Ooo interesting, love the art style too. Looking forward to the next chapter!

joined Sep 6, 2018

Another school girl/idol story... meh. Need some more “Adult Living” manga.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

I know it's just that same-face thing, but doesn't Yochan look somewhat similar to Sumika?
Nah, nvm

joined Nov 19, 2019

Ooh, this is an interesting dynamic. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

joined Sep 6, 2018

What? No “Comedy” nor “Drama” tags yet? Maybe it’s neither... Oh, Moderator Gods, send us a TAG!

joined Jun 12, 2019

I mean she isn’t all that bad and I think the fan is reaching but whatever this is kinda interesting so I’ll keep tell reading

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I am conflicted...tbh. She says "These school rules to look proper and lady like are so outdated!" but she also gets really mad with Sumika for being so carefree... and yeah she's spoiled and demanding but how glorious was your image of her? I really want to know what's that "perfect Sumika" role you want her to play. Hmmmm but I guess is because she goes to a school like that that...
I mean, if the author had decided to make the protagonist believe that Sumika was discussing with a boyfriend on the phone (and then she would be like "ah, so it was just the manager") I would relate more to her and her disappointment but right now I'm just saving my judgement, feels like the story and the character's goals hasn't quite landed yet for me... Or like, I don't understand what they're feeling right now.

last edited at Jan 11, 2020 10:38PM

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Hm, this is kinda interesting, it feels like they went a bit too half-hearted on making Sumika a shitty person, she's just a little spoiled, and she already actually wants to be better. It's a sorta premise I'd expect in an Adult Life manga and to have an actress who's actually a repugnant and terrible person, not someone who's just a bit spoiled and clueless, but actually trying to do well. I don't think it's bad, I just think it's interesting how it didn't match to my expectations.

joined Oct 27, 2018

Main character seems pretty unlikeable, this probably won't be my cup of tea.

joined Sep 6, 2018

Sumika: “Hello, long time fan, I’m starting a new personality cult and I need a compelling Judas to attract more gullible girls just like you, who thinks they can hang out with someone of my social status despite their humble backgrounds, whaddaya say?”

School girl: “Pygmalion.”

last edited at Jan 11, 2020 11:07PM

Untitled-1
joined Feb 6, 2017

That ribbon was clearly made of tissue paper.

I will never understood the whole perfect idol fantasy thing. You can't "distance" yourself from someone you never knew in the first place. I'll give it another couple chapters just in case, but the premise isn't really my cup of tea.

joined May 7, 2017

What a weird, pretty meh story!

Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

As they both get to know each other, they'll hopefully like themselves and each other for who they truly are. I hope this doesn't get stupidly long and drawn out with "she likes me when I act like this so I'll force myself to be like that" drama.

I like the characters so far and how much they clearly have their own personalities already. Looking forward to how this turns out.

S-l225
joined Feb 14, 2014

And then the principle saw them and expelled MC for always being so sloppy and now ripping her ribbon and seducing girls

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

Weird plot, and characters were poor executed.
Lovely art style, though.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Hm, this is kinda interesting, it feels like they went a bit too half-hearted on making Sumika a shitty person, she's just a little spoiled, and she already actually wants to be better. It's a sorta premise I'd expect in an Adult Life manga and to have an actress who's actually a repugnant and terrible person, not someone who's just a bit spoiled and clueless, but actually trying to do well. I don't think it's bad, I just think it's interesting how it didn't match to my expectations.

Yeah, at the very least let her smoke or something, right? Maybe have a meth lab?

I have a feeling that the majority of this work isn't really going to be about Sumika's flaws. Addressing all of Ito's baggage about loving an ideal instead of a person is probably the big obstacle here.

joined Oct 10, 2016

Fucked up. Again being together just like that. Nope, not picking it up.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

I don’t really see what you guys think mc did wrong here? Found out her idol was a real person with flaws and decided she preferred the ideal, barely being rude about it. Then that person tried to force their way into her life anyway so she panicked. Compared to “fan horror stories” I’ve heard celebs tell this doesn’t even rank.

That said the flaws aren’t all that severe so I see the plot developing more around how obviously turbo gay Sumika was for her immediately

last edited at Jan 12, 2020 12:37AM

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Sumika: “Hello, long time fan, I’m starting a new personality cult and I need a compelling Judas to attract more gullible girls just like you, who thinks they can hang out with someone of my social status despite their humble backgrounds, whaddaya say?”

School girl: “Pygmalion.”

10/10

__kasodani_kyouko_touhou_drawn_by_uguisu_mochi_ykss35__6c703c362e7ad06d13079154bccd4fae
joined Jul 11, 2017

" Your true colors, your true colors are beautiful like a rainbow~"

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I don’t really see what you guys think mc did wrong here? Found out her idol was a real person with flaws and decided she preferred the ideal, barely being rude about it. Then that person tried to force their way into her life anyway so she panicked. Compared to “fan horror stories” I’ve heard celebs tell this doesn’t even rank.

That said the flaws aren’t all that severe so I see the plot developing more around how obviously turbo gay Sumika was for her immediately

Ikr, reading all these comments they seem like they're overreacting a bit

"don't like the mc..."
"not picking this up, this is fucked up..."

care to explain guys?

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Anyway, why that ribbon was so easy to tear apart? And, Ito-chan seems contradicting what she said in the earlier part, that her school has an old style of teaching like wanting the girls being prim and proper, and Sumika basically the opposite of what she’s sort of hating, but then she hated it? And wants to make Sumika as her ideal Sumika which is cute and proper instead? I’m.... well whatever,

To reply you must either login or sign up.