Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V2 + FAQ

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

From MrE earlier in the thread:

Not going to happen as long as we're not loaded in cash. The current system is in place to aid in cutting down on bandwidth consumption, which we're currently using quite a bit on. By enabling people to go ham on the both the online reader and the direct downloads, the user experience is going to be shot harder than it is now.

How about putting it on daily download limit counter? "Dowload to Cache", so to say

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Suggestion: Add ability when reading a chapter from a reading list for "Next Chapter" to go to the next in the list, rather than the next in the category.

For example, I have a Lucky Star list which cuts out the doujins I don't like. When I read through the first on the list, "The Real Battle", I'd like to just automatically move on to the next in the list ,"Aogeki Murasaki Mamoru!", rather than "Lucky Cho" which is next in the Lucky Star category.

Is this something possible to add?

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011
joined Jan 30, 2013

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k6csq9hq4fkywdp/Screenshot_2014-07-29-00-41-57.png

Minor bug, I can't access the button below "News". I think it's the "Mark all as read" button.

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Secret Recipe's chapter organisation is off - Volume 1 should be chapters 1-9 + the special.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

How about putting it on daily download limit counter? "Dowload to Cache", so to say

Not really sure, though I could see that being confusing for some. Certainly worth considering.

Suggestion: Add ability when reading a chapter from a reading list for "Next Chapter" to go to the next in the list, rather than the next in the category.

Throwing in another chip for this, had the same idea around the time you posted!

Matataki no Aida ni
some minor errors were fixed, v2:

Fixed.

a "Tomboy" tag wud b kewl XD

Added, suggest away. As said on chat, I'll figure out what exactly is worth tagging with it soon, and add a description for it then.

Secret Recipe's chapter organisation is off - Volume 1 should be chapters 1-9 + the special.

Fixed.

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

By the way, any word from Lililicious about how they'd feel about splitting Love*Aroma into its two constituent chapters? Since we've now finished with Love*Preparation, it has suddenly become relevant.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

By the way, any word from Lililicious about how they'd feel about splitting Love*Aroma into its two constituent chapters? Since we've now finished with Love*Preparation, it has suddenly become relevant.

Curse things that suddenly become relevant. Sorry, I never got that far. I'll post back about it in the next couple days.

last edited at Jul 29, 2014 3:09PM

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Alright. I should also say that with this, Perfume of Love should be complete

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Hm, I wonder if there could be some way to tag individual pages.
What I mean is, for example, putting author or series name on magazine cover picture that is included with some chapters.

joined Nov 11, 2010

http://dynasty-scans.com/authors/skirthike and http://dynasty-scans.com/authors/yuuma are the same author. I didn't realize there were other Skirthike Marimite doujins scanlated aside from the "Rosa Gigantea Party"s; it was a pretty fun read.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Chapters of K-On Bon are out of order for me.

http://dynasty-scans.com/series/k_on_bon

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Fixed'd.

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

Used to be able to navigate to next chapter with arrow button, how come now can't?

last edited at Aug 6, 2014 2:28PM

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Used to be able to navigate to next chapter with arrow button, how come now can't?

It still works fine for me, so it might be a problem on your end.

joined Aug 13, 2014

This not a suggestion but a confused new guy. I found out that I can add favourites but have no clue how. Can someone help me? I don't see anywhere a bookmark button. Or I am the only person that is having this problem?

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

This not a suggestion but a confused new guy. I found out that I can add favourites but have no clue how. Can someone help me? I don't see anywhere a bookmark button. Or I am the only person that is having this problem?

You're not alone. The option only shows up on content pages (i.e. tags, series, oneshots, artists, etc.), so it can be a little confusing. You can edit the contents of each listing (and make new ones) under the Lists tab.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Dear My Sister

page 56 is raw (for some reason)
http://truend.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/dms561.jpg here is the english one

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

A suggestion, could we separate the "discuss this chapter" of a manga 'chapter-by-chapter'? For example, if I'm on chapter 2 of "stretch", I want to be able to comment only on its second chapter and not the whole discussion topic (thus, I am not the most recent poster, unless I comment on the latest chapter available). And I could also see only the posts made in that chapter I was reading.

Dynasty02
joined May 25, 2013

Wouldn't it be nicer to seperate chapter discussion from a general forum? A new 'general' topic would get lost fairly quickly between all the chapter discussions which get bumped frequently, which is probably the reason why I haven't seen one yet (please correct me if I'm wrong). Only if people here are interested in talking more besides just commenting on the chapters, of course.

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

Wouldn't it be nicer to seperate chapter discussion from a general forum? A new 'general' topic would get lost fairly quickly between all the chapter discussions which get bumped frequently, which is probably the reason why I haven't seen one yet (please correct me if I'm wrong). Only if people here are interested in talking more besides just commenting on the chapters, of course.

I am not sure if there is enough interest in discussing other topics for it to be worth having separate forums.

I have been thinking about implementing a filter where you could view only general topics, or only discussion topics, or both (the default).

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

A suggestion, could we separate the "discuss this chapter" of a manga 'chapter-by-chapter'? For example, if I'm on chapter 2 of "stretch", I want to be able to comment only on its second chapter and not the whole discussion topic (thus, I am not the most recent poster, unless I comment on the latest chapter available). And I could also see only the posts made in that chapter I was reading.

I did consider this when I was implementing discussions, but ultimately decided it was better to have discussions per series. Mainly because I think most of the discussion will be focused around latest chapter anyway.

Dynasty02
joined May 25, 2013

I am not sure if there is enough interest in discussing other topics for it to be worth having separate forums.

I have been thinking about implementing a filter where you could view only general topics, or only discussion topics, or both (the default).

Yes, that would do nicely. Seeing how many people visit this website daily (going by chapter views and whatnot), I think it might be refreshing to interact with each other more than just by character discussions.

Maco%20v0.1%20320px%20opt
joined Apr 2, 2011

The link to La Kuro's site (on the page http://dynasty-scans.com/scanlators/la_kuro) points to
dynasty-scans.com/scanlators/subara.org
instead of
subara.org

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

What do you think of adding new category - something like "Continuity" or "Storyline"? Not sure how to call it.

For the mangas that are technically part of same story, but aren't grouped in a series volume or anthology. I think there are people that would like to read those together in order.
For example, this -> this -> this is a single storyline, but isn't grouped in any way.
I'm not sure how to chose the name though, maybe first part's name?

To reply you must either login or sign up.