Forum › Citrus + discussion

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

For anyone here in Mexico (and presumably LatAm), citrus was just confirmed to being published in Spanish

https://twitter.com/kamite_manga/status/1144808874849067010

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Citrus+ first volume is being released simultaneously on three (?) countries along the Citrus anime being rebroadcasted on Tokyo MX

https://twitter.com/_saburouta/status/1146405027465924608

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Citrus+ first volume is being released simultaneously on three (?) countries along the Citrus anime being rebroadcasted on Tokyo MX

The tweet just under said it's 6 countries, who are not decided yet.

Not_from_3re
joined May 18, 2019

The tweet just under said it's 6 countries, who are not decided yet.

Apparently, spain is one of them:

https://twitter.com/Ivrea/status/1146879851011477504

And I bet the states as well.

LesbianPirate
Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

citrus nsfw doujinshi when
amazes me there hasnt been one yet with how big this series already is

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

US is part of the simultaneous release, with the Ebook version coming in november and the print version in February.

https://twitter.com/gomanga/status/1147335558018023430

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

;(

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Thank god, no Mei

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

X2. And I feel like Saburuta would actually be able to make a good ero one. Mei's personality is not wife material imo, but it could serve well for a story like that

10455963_830638436992044_5645511050433336598_n
joined Jun 27, 2019

X2. And I feel like Saburuta would actually be able to make a good ero one. Mei's personality is not wife material imo, but it could serve well for a story like that

I go a bit off tangent here: I don't celebrate "cheating" nor do I condone it but thing is I agree with that bit you said (Mei's personality is not wife material). It's a recipe for a coming disaster to her and Yuzu's marriage. Mei's inability to emotionally connect to Yuzu--and perhaps god knows how much Mei's trying so hard about it lolz--can one day send Yuzu spending so many nights in someone else's arms drunk and naked (I'm looking at YOU, Harumin!).

Mei's personality is just fit for someone who'd rather be a hermit CEO (there are guys like that), a lone wolf Christian Grey who's not tied down to anyone or with anyone...

joined Feb 18, 2018

The irony is that Mei and Matsuri would have more chances of working out than with Yuzu.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Let's not forget Matsuri promise a 3P.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I go a bit off tangent here: I don't celebrate "cheating" nor do I condone it but thing is I agree with that bit you said (Mei's personality is not wife material). It's a recipe for a coming disaster to her and Yuzu's marriage. Mei's inability to emotionally connect to Yuzu--and perhaps god knows how much Mei's trying so hard about it lolz--can one day send Yuzu spending so many nights in someone else's arms drunk and naked (I'm looking at YOU, Harumin!).

Mei's personality is just fit for someone who'd rather be a hermit CEO (there are guys like that), a lone wolf Christian Grey who's not tied down to anyone or with anyone...

I didn't mean cheating though. By Mei not being wife material to me is that as a character she fails to make me feel things. She's still pretty good looking though and I sense some sexual frustration, so if the author shifted the focus from developing their "relationship" (which at this point there is nothing she can develop) to at least adding some of their sex life in between the chapters, it would benefit the story imo.

joined Jun 27, 2019

I didn't mean cheating though. By Mei not being wife material to me is that as a character she fails to make me feel things. She's still pretty good looking though and I sense some sexual frustration, so if the author shifted the focus from developing their "relationship" (which at this point there is nothing she can develop) to at least adding some of their sex life in between the chapters, it would benefit the story imo.

Yeah, I understood cheating wasn't what you're trying to get at. That's why I said I was going off tangent. :) I just wanted to point out how Mei's inability to at least emotionally connect to Yuzu (i.e in your own words "make me feel things") is a relationship disaster.

I agree with you that there's got to be be a shift of focus from developing their relationship (cuz AFAIC we all know they're lovey dovey now) to sexy time.

I mean dragging their love story for far too long, for me, it's just become too bland. Sure there are comedic reliefs every now and then within the story of Citrus+, but dammit, that isn't helping the structure at all...

joined Jun 27, 2019

The irony is that Mei and Matsuri would have more chances of working out than with Yuzu.

That's gonna be one heck of a bloody love story. I can just imagine the amount of destruction Matsuri x Mei would do. Like, Bonnie and Clyde thing.

joined Jun 27, 2019

Let's not forget Matsuri promise a 3P.

Ah yes. A middle-school student has grown up far too soon to explore the innards of the adult world. How I wish SU explored how Matsuri got that way.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Mei's inability to emotionally connect to Yuzu

What inability? You quoted "make me feel things" to back it up, you are aware MacySan isn't Yuzu right?

By Mei not being wife material to me is that as a character she fails to make me feel things.

I fail to see how that is at all related to Mei marrying Yuzu.

I feel like you're trying too hard.

joined Dec 9, 2014

By Mei not being wife material to me is that as a character she fails to make me feel things.

I fail to see how that is at all related to Mei marrying Yuzu.

Umm I never said they are related? I just used the "wife material" as a phrase/metaphor.

Sure, if you are satisfied with her character being this way for a romance story that's your taste. But there are so many others who disagree and there's no need to get defensive. I won't write down essays why I believe Mei is still not emotionally open or why she is a really bad romantic interest imo, because people have been discussing this for years. And the point of briefly mentioning this was not about Mei's emotional capabilities. I've given up on her for a while so I don't really care to get into it. We were talking about the lack of explicit scenes. Saburuta barely even draws them kissing

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Umm I never said they are related? I just used the "wife material" as a phrase/metaphor.

Fair enough I guess, I find it an odd word choice though, given that they do marry and "wife material" doesn't really mean anything.

Your other paragraph only seems tangentially related to anything I said, if you think the story is missing out from a lack of nsfw and kissing scenes I'll agree to disagree lol.

joined Feb 18, 2018

Fair enough I guess, I find it an odd word choice though, given that they do marry and "wife material" doesn't really mean anything.

Your other paragraph only seems tangentially related to anything I said, if you think the story is missing out from a lack of nsfw and kissing scenes I'll agree to disagree lol.

Hey we got ourselves a nun here lmao What's the point of a story that started out with a lot of kissing and sexual tension, now being completely devoid of it even though all the obstacles that prevented the characters from fully loving each other have been gone for literally a year?

last edited at Jul 13, 2019 7:27PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Hey we got ourselves a nun here lmao What's the point of a story that started out with a lot of kissing and sexual tension, now being completely devoid of it even though all the obstacles that prevented the characters from fully loving each other have been gone for literally a year?

Lol

Yes, their former inability to keep their hands off each other is one of the problems in the Mei/Yuzu relationship that has been effectively rectified.

joined Dec 9, 2014

I don't think it's missing out because of the lack of nsfw scenes. I think it's missing out because it's a bad story telling and all these years have proven it won't get better. So I was saying that a little nsfw would actually help it, because the art is pretty good and the only thing I personally like.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

My personal theory is that Mei sexually assault Yuzu whenever she was in sentimental mess and just use Yuzu like something to discharge her emotions. Now she is have no real problems on that side, she don't feel like sexually assault Yuzu.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

My personal theory is that Mei sexually assault Yuzu whenever she was in sentimental mess and just use Yuzu like something to discharge her emotions. Now she is have no real problems on that side, she don't feel like sexually assault Yuzu.

I suppose this is one of those statements that should be preceded by, “With all due respect,” but—that’s ridiculous.

Ever since chapter 8 of the original series, the physical intimacy (while there was any) between Mei and Yuzu was obviously based on mutual romantic attraction and sexual desire. Period.

That’s the whole point of the first volume—the transformation of Mei’s initial sexual aggressiveness from emotional dysfunction into a sincere mutual desire.

The bulk of the main series demonstrates that “sexual assault” and “monastic chastity” are not the only two possible options in a personal relationship.

To reply you must either login or sign up.