Forum › Little Yuri Manga discussion

Inquisitor Vel
joined Feb 8, 2019

Badis have you checked out the 404: men not found tab?

Sasas
joined Nov 1, 2017

I don't care if there is men or not. What I care is men destroying the yuri, and that happend often yeah

last edited at Jul 8, 2019 9:43AM

Inquisitor Vel
joined Feb 8, 2019

You need not be concerned there are plenty of manga on this site that focus squarely on lesbian romance

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I don't care if there is men or not. What I care is men destroying the yuri, and that happend often yeah

You realise you contractict yourself in that sentence right ? But i suggere you stop reading yuri if you can't stand men in yuris.

Sasas
joined Nov 1, 2017

You realise you contractict yourself in that sentence right ? But i suggere you stop reading yuri if you can't stand men in yuris.

I said often not all the time omgash
Like the guy on saki knows his place, he doesn't destroy anything so it's good

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

You should really get over it. It's not because the characters are (in your opinion) bisexuals that made the yuris bad.

Sasas
joined Nov 1, 2017

You should really get over it. It's not because the characters are (in your opinion) bisexuals that made the yuris bad.

It's the overepresentation of bisexuals that is bad, we need more lesbians goddamit

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

Yuri equals world peace.

joined Feb 3, 2016

It's the overepresentation of bisexuals that is bad, we need more lesbians goddamit

i agree

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

I... kinda agree with Badis. Many times when i was reading some nice story, and then... BOOM the girl is bisexual by just 1 plain sentence, which serve absolutely no purpose for the plot.
This manga is a good example for that.

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

........haha...the story is cute amiright guys?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

You're just too stubborn to understand. Just because they love boys before going with out don't make them bisexuals in the slightest. You overexagerated. Unless they said they can love boys too, they arent bi for me.

joined Sep 1, 2016

hoo boy, how did this turn into a discourse pit? now I have to do a bunch of discourse before I comment

@discourse: While Badis's argument sounds good on the surface, I'm troubled by the assumption that a character dating a guy, especially a young character like this, automatically makes them bisexual. It overlooks the pressures of compulsory heterosexuality. While none of my friends have had this experience, I've seen people saying they didn't know they were gay until several straight relationships of theirs had already stalled. Since society assumes everyone is straight, it can take people a while to piece their sexuality together if they aren't. Using this story as an example, Rie may have a boyfriend, but she's daydreaming about kissing her female best friend instead. Paradoxical as it may sound, the fact that she's in a relationship with a boy says very little about her actual sexuality—people don't always date people they're attracted to, after all. There's not enough information to say whether she's bi or straight or whatever.

I say this not so much for Badis's sake. Badis is clearly arguing in bad faith, given how they've imported their pet peeve into an unrelated story and how bluntly they've dismissed the reams of counterexamples people have already provided. But for others who are arguing the same point in good faith, that would be part of my response. (There's also the fact that bisexuality is a wide spectrum, often ranging in practice from one to five on the Kinsey scale, and drawing a hard distinction between being bi or gay/lesbian at Kinsey 5 is quite difficult, but that's probably straying afield of the actual criticism in play).

@story: The page four twist really made this story. It was pretty cute before, but discovering that most of the story is Rie rehearsing confessing to Yuki in her head is weapons-grade adorable. Seeing more of these characters would be delightful. (I also think this five-page comic did a remarkable job fitting a satisfying three-act story arc into a small space in a way a lot of tiny comics don't.)

Sasas
joined Nov 1, 2017

You're just too stubborn to understand. Just because they love boys before going with out don't make them bisexuals in the slightest. You overexagerated. Unless they said they can love boys too, they arent bi for me.

So for you a virgin guy that have fantasies for girls isn't straight? Wtf? Bisexual means wanting to do stuff with both sex that's all

Sasas
joined Nov 1, 2017

hoo boy, how did this turn into a discourse pit? now I have to do a bunch of discourse before I comment

@discourse: While Badis's argument sounds good on the surface, I'm troubled by the assumption that a character dating a guy, especially a young character like this, automatically makes them bisexual. It overlooks the pressures of compulsory heterosexuality. While none of my friends have had this experience, I've seen people saying they didn't know they were gay until several straight relationships of theirs had already stalled. Since society assumes everyone is straight, it can take people a while to piece their sexuality together if they aren't. Using this story as an example, Rie may have a boyfriend, but she's daydreaming about kissing her female best friend instead. Paradoxical as it may sound, the fact that she's in a relationship with a boy says very little about her actual sexuality—people don't always date people they're attracted to, after all. There's not enough information to say whether she's bi or straight or whatever.

I say this not so much for Badis's sake. Badis is clearly arguing in bad faith, given how they've imported their pet peeve into an unrelated story and how bluntly they've dismissed the reams of counterexamples people have already provided. But for others who are arguing the same point in good faith, that would be part of my response. (There's also the fact that bisexuality is a wide spectrum, often ranging in practice from one to five on the Kinsey scale, and drawing a hard distinction between being bi or gay/lesbian at Kinsey 5 is quite difficult, but that's probably straying afield of the actual criticism in play).

@story: The page four twist really made this story. It was pretty cute before, but discovering that most of the story is Rie rehearsing confessing to Yuki in her head is weapons-grade adorable. Seeing more of these characters would be delightful. (I also think this five-page comic did a remarkable job fitting a satisfying three-act story arc into a small space in a way a lot of tiny comics don't.)

Dude come on... I won't date a guy to be sure I'm straight, I know it it's inside me my hot love for girls.
The girl on that doujin just want the D and the P at the same time, a bisexual lol.
And what has to do with anything? The story was cute and then thz author add drama in 1 line

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

So for you a virgin guy that have fantasies for girls isn't straight? Wtf? Bisexual means wanting to do stuff with both sex that's all

Expect in most of yuris, girls don't want to do things with boys after the fall in love and sometime they don't want to to begin with.

Sasas
joined Nov 1, 2017

Expect in most of yuris, girls don't want to do things with boys after the fall in love and sometime they don't want to to begin with.

The simple fact that they dream of having a bf, wanting to be married with him and having kids (that means she's ok to be fucked to get kids) makes her bisexual big time.
I don't even know why is this even a debate, a bisexual remains a bisexual eve' if she's with the same partner until the rest of her life. She will still find other boys and girls attractive... Like everyone lol

last edited at Jul 8, 2019 11:29AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I give up, i don't have either time or patience to argue with someone who wil not listen to the other part.

Sasas
joined Nov 1, 2017

I give up, i don't have either time or patience to argue with someone who wil not listen to the other part.

The simple fact that a girl wants to enter a relationship with a guy is a bisexual. O
If I said I wanted to date a guy everyone would say "you're gay?" and thet are right, so no excuses

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Let me just reiterate again that there is not indication here whatsoever that she actually has a boyfriend. We've seen plenty of yuri where everyone assumes that the good-looking girl must have a boyfriend, but turns out to be single and only interested in another girl in the end.

Sasas
joined Nov 1, 2017

Let me just reiterate again that there is not indication here whatsoever that she actually has a boyfriend. We've seen plenty of yuri where everyone assumes that the good-looking girl must have a boyfriend, but turns out to be single and only interested in another girl in the end.

Have you seen the manga or not ?
If her close friend says she has a boyfriend, it means she knows what she's talking about

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Honestly, I can't tell whether this is obtuseness or trolling, but you can drop it either way Badis.

joined Feb 18, 2015

This is bullshit, she has a boyfriend, can we have some yuri without guys around? I'm tired of this shit

You do realize that the OTHER girl making the assumption that her friend is thinking about "her boyfriend" when she's really fantasizing about her doesn't ACTUALLY mean that the girl is dating anyone, right? A lot of times girls assume that good looking girls have boyfriends. Also, MANY lesbians date men before they figure out that they are into women or because they are afraid to live openly. It's a normal thing.

I will leave this conv and juste say Bloom into You and Kase-san.

The main character of Bloom into you is probably asexual, she is sooooooooo boring
And Kase-san -> God bless you, finally a good yuri anime <3

Yuu is most likely Demi-romantic, but decidedly NOT asexual. (Nor is she boring. She's one of the best written characters in manga.) I would guess you're not still reading the manga if you still think that she might be asexual. In addition, Touko doesn't give any indication of being attracted to men and Sayaka is definitely a lesbian, as well as the cafe owner. The only bi character in the story is their teacher.

Not that you are WRONG about there being an under-representation in the media, but blaming BI women is not really the right approach. The problem in Japanese culture is the tendency to entirely ignore the existence of homosexuality. (Yurikuma Arashi's "Invisible Storm" - oh, and that's another one that is entirely full of lesbians and is actually directly addressing your point of lack of representation in media, culture, and society. If you didn't watch it because it's too bizarre, try it again. It has layers, but it's really good.)

Honestly, I can't tell whether this is obtuseness or trolling, but you can drop it either way Badis.

Sorry... had the post in the editor when you posted this... :(

last edited at Jul 8, 2019 12:03PM

joined May 24, 2015

Yikes, came into this thread looking at the large number of replies and found nothing but discourse.
You know all of it is up to interpretation right? And all of it is about FICTIONAL characters created by (usually) a singular author?
Imo, friend of MC thinks she's pretty so OBVIOUSLY she has a boyfriend. And MC never admits "oh, I don't have a boyfriend, I usually have daydreams about pinning you on a bed and [REDACTED]", plain and simple

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

I DEMAND MORE

To reply you must either login or sign up.