Forum › Luminous=Blue discussion

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

the longer it takes for us to get that understanding the more unstable and inconsistent Nene looks as a character.

Nene is the most incosistent character of the bunch, she want to get Amane to let her go but still go as the same high school and agreed to stay friends. Meanwhile Kou is just a highschool girl who love photography and is clueless about love, Amane is a broken heart who can't let go of her ex but try to be strong and Senpai is a manipulative bitch who just want Amane to herself.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Honestly, I don't think Nene's behavior is that inconsistent. Conflicted, sure, but not really inconsistent. My take is similar to Kou's, on top of what I can see as omniscient reader. Like Kou, I believe Nene still loves Amane deep down which is why she can be nice to Amane occasionally. But what I can see from my part as a reader is also that Nene is seriously very jealous of Amane's cute and bright looks and demeanor.

So these two sides of Nene are in conflict, so some times she can be nice and some times she's a turbo bitch. It might seem like her characterization is inconsistent but it's not (if my take is correct).

last edited at Jun 26, 2019 3:17PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

It's not that Nene is inconsistent, it's that she is contradictory. Intentionally I assume, but still.
At best she has mood swings, at worst she is bipolar.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Nene is seriously very jealous of Amane's cute and bright looks and demeanor.

Again,it's contradictory with the flashback,assuming it was true and not Amane trying to remember it differently.

I believe Nene still loves Amane deep down

That's pretty much given right now no ? The more you reread, the more you see that Nene still love Amane deep down but for some reasons can't say it.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Again,it's contradictory with the flashback,assuming it was true and not Amane trying to remember it differently.

It's not contradictory. The flashback is the past. The Nene in Amane's memories is how she was back then. But people change. So it's not like Nene is acting contradictory. She just changed. She probably started to grow jealous of Amane's cuteness during their third year of middle school. I take it she was actually a pretty loving girlfriend before that point.

The only question is why she changed, what sparked her jealousy.

last edited at Jun 26, 2019 3:41PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

The only question is why she changed, what sparked her jealousy.

It's the only question who matters right now, we can argue hours and pages about Nene's behavior but until we know this answer, it's mostly speculation.

If anyone want's to see the raw's of chapter 8 go here

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I'm glad it's going this way. We gonna see why the backstory of Amane and Nene and like i suspect, Nene was just jealous that Amane have done photography and can smile doing it whereas everybody said to Nene she can't. My girl Kou not crossing the line of the kiss and seem to have put some reasons back to Nene. I'm happy we don't have to go to the whole 2 months "girlfriend test" of Nene. Now we will see how Kou gonna do with Amane because she is heartbroken and don't seem willing to listen.

D96
joined Jul 1, 2019

Shawn posted:

Thanks a lot! This chapter was awesome, so it was great to get a sneak peak!

Lol. Nene seems to be experiencing the age old question, "do I want to be her or be with her." Oof. This is some potent, high quality gay angst. But there's nothing like a pure-hearted protagonist that just wants to do good to cut through that :P.

I'm still kind of confused about the senpai's angle though. Before this chapter, I would've bet anything that she said something to Nene to cause a rift between them.

last edited at Jul 23, 2019 1:23AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'm still kind of confused about the senpai's angle though. Before this chapter, I would've bet anything that she said something to Nene to cause a rift between them.

The thing is, it was established early on that Nene was unaware that senpai even knew about their relationship. So although the situation suggested that senpai could be cause of the breakup (at least in part), anything senpai did or said would have had to be very indirect, or else Nene would have known that senpai knew about the relationship.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

We finally learn why Nene is so mean to Amane.Nene is not allowed to smile because blabla doll thingy but when she see Amane she fall in love. Here come the breaking point featuring Senpai but indirectly : Nene see the 1st place of Photo concours of Amane smiling and feel jealous that Amane smile for someone else and start to have bad thought about Amane. So she decide to break up because she don't want tothought badly of the one she love. As some guess, it's just a lie and she still love Amane deep down but the twist is she really love Kou too. Then Kou make her made a promise : If the picture Kou has take of them smiling win then Kou will tell the truth to Amane.

I really Kou in this chapter. She don't want to repeat the same mistakes as before and so take the lead to help her friends getting back together. Now it's mostly up to Amane to forgive Nene or not. I personnaly think she will but not if it's Kou who told her the truth but Nene herself. In the end, both Nene ships are still up with the Kou's one starting to sink a little.

Edit : Get rid of the spoiler since Chapter is out here

last edited at Jul 25, 2019 7:10PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

So, we have little girl messed up by stupid thing adults always tell her, along with the “no one should see my beloved smile but me” and “my love for her makes me hate both her and myself” yandere tropes.=

Solitary angst is no substitute for therapy, folks—see a professional.

And Kou is like a rescue St. Bernard dog for travelers lost in a blizzard of adolescent self-loathing.

last edited at Jul 25, 2019 8:16PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

And Kou is like a rescue St. Bernard dog for travelers lost in a blizzard of adolescent self-loathing.

OBJECTION! I see no keg of spirits hanging 'round her neck!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

OBJECTION! I see no keg of spirits hanging 'round her neck!

Figurative language—it’s amazing!

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

So, we have little girl messed up by stupid thing adults always tell her, along with the “no one should see my beloved smile but me” and “my love for her makes me hate both her and myself” yandere tropes.

That's the first time i see the second one or i might just erasemy memories of previous examples and for the first one well you said it yourself,she was just a kid so of course she'd believe what we said to her.

Solitary angst is no substitute for therapy, folks—see a professional.

Therapist doesn't exist in manga world, silly.

last edited at Jul 25, 2019 7:00PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Altought i'm happy we didn't get to see the whole 2 months of the girlfriend pretend, what now ? How did they gonna act now they made the promise ? I'm not sure of how Amane will react if they said they break up all of a sudden.

Images
joined Dec 15, 2016

Finally we have answers not quite what I expected but nonetheless I still like this manga a lot.

joined Mar 29, 2019

But why?!

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

It's very strange for the MC to be the third wheel in a love triangle, but I kinda like that she's ok with that. I'm interested in seeing where this goes from here.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Oh would you look at that! The stuff I hypothesized before is legit.

m_nguyen_chau
120x120px-ls-38203a65_avatar65018_8
joined Oct 27, 2011

please let it be polygamy ^o^ !!!!

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Really feel bad for Kou... but talk about saving a sinking ship (haha).

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

huhmms repeatedly

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

Still here, supporting Amane x Nene.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

It went exactly as I thought. Nene was just jealous of Amane's smile. That's all it was. Talk about being petty and immature.

Also, I still don't think Nene's feelings for Kou are the same as her feelings for Amane. I think the main reason she liked Kou is because Kou is a photographer and being the center of attention of a photographer made Nene felt special. She was confirmed to be deeply self-centered after all. Besides you can tell she doesn't love her because she doesn't smile naturally when she's with Kou, as Kou herself noted in all the pictures she took of the two together.

Now whether Amane and Nene can get back together, I don't know. Honestly, Nene should just quit being a model if she's not happy with how they see her.

And as I expected, the picture will be important. I guessed right that the picture winning the contest will play a key role in the story, and sure enough, it will give Nene the courage to be honest with Amane. We'll see how that goes.

last edited at Jul 25, 2019 8:27PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.